“Such a shame.....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Liverpool
“Such a shame.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

.... most of the recent reviews on this hotel are quite accurate. It is a shame as this has obviously been a very decent hotel at some point. It is as if they have just given up. The staff are surprisingly friendly and positive given the state of the hotel. I wouldn't say its horrendous its just not what I expected and such a shame:
Pros:
Not far from airport
Quiet location
Friendly and helpful staff
Free Bus
Cons:
No life in the hotel.
In the middle of what appears to be an abandoned project (roads unfinished - empty properties - lots of waste land with abandoned unfinished buildings).
Rooms incredibly dated and damaged furniture not replaced.
Management appear to have forgotten the little things that makes customers happy.
No kettle in apartments
No equipment to maybe have a quick clean yourself - dishcloth, tea towel, pans, brush, mop etc. housekeeping doesn't include cleaning kitchen yet there is nothing to be able to do it yourself.
You would expect a hotel supermarket to be slightly inflated prices but this one is at least 3 times more expensive.
Bed Linen not changed once in the entire week.

I wouldn't say the restaurant is a pro or a con it is ok though. I have tried to be objective and fair with this review but my final statement would be that the management need to acknowledge they have a problem and either close this down or fix it. And also acknowledge that they have some amazing staff who are obviously a strong team working with what must be constant complaints and understandably upset customers.

2 Thank no1spacechick
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear client,

Thanks for your recent stay at Castillo de Elba and I hope you have enjoyed the Island.

Thanks for indicate your positive comments about our staff, quiet location and free shuttle bus.

Our facilities don’t include services like kettles at the apartment or entertainment. Nevertheless you can hire at the supermarket or going to Castillo which is placed only 2 km. from our location.

I would like to indicate now we are working to refurbish the hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to be checked by you in a future stay.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a disaster, first we've been robbed by housekeeping lady, later on we find out that Wi-Fi is not free (website says different). Director didn't know how do deal with problem. only good thing in that hotel was waiter called Willy!!! Great guy with great customer service. Thank us Willy!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sylvek s
CASTILLOELBA, Gerente at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Sylvek,

Thanks for have chosen our Hotel as a place to spend your holidays in Fuerteventura.

According to your comment about a house keeper robbed in your apartment, I would like to indicate our staff work with us for years and no similar fact has been reported to us. Nevertheless, we have safe box in all our rooms, but if you consider this, the procedure is making a report at the Police Station.

I will pass Willy your positive comments about him.

I hope you will come back to our wonderful island, and please let me indicate we have other resorts with different categories where you spend your holidays.

Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was not going to bother doing a review on my stay at this hotel but, after seeing some of the favourable reviews I thought of that famous saying by the tennis player John McEnroe 'YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS' I have never suffered so much in a hotel such as this one. The room was so basic that it reminded me of a visit to a unfortunate friend who was living in a homeless hostel. The room was so cold and basic. The bed clothes were so thin and threadbare and were completely useless in providing any warmth or comfort at all, During the first night I got out of bed around two am cold and uncomfortable, put on my tracksuit and two pair of socks. The next day I obtained a blanket from the reception. The second night it was still cold and I joined my wife in her single bed it was so uncomfortable with two adults trying to sleep in a single bed.. The towels, I have used better to wipe the floor with. The food was woeful, thank God that they had bread and salad, I did not eat any prepared breakfast or evening meals due to the poor quality, the selection was a joke.The TV was 12" size with no English channels. I am very keen on keeping fit as seeing that they advertised a Gym etc. I was keen on my arrival to search out this facility, alas there was no gym, I found lots of empty building space, the Salon/Spa was an empty abandoned building, the tennis was 7.50 euros per hour. The area surrounding the hotel was like something from a bombed site, lots of houses built but unoccupied or part built and abandoned land that has been cleared and left as an ugly eye sore. The local newspaper had designated the area as 'desolate' I read the reviews on the Trip advisor before my holiday and thought it cannot be that bad, I was a fool, I should have responded to the review and booked another hotel. One final remark the week we stayed 6 couples had moved from this hotel a further two left early and went home. Suggestion, close the hotel down.
Have a nice day.

3 Thank CJW37
Wrexham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Trying to be objectiveand fair to this hotel I will highlight best points....there are non (maybe the hot water for showers) The hotel in general is so run down it should not even be open, towels and sheets threadbare. The rooms are so run down, I had no knobs on the dressing table drawers just screws, the inside of the wardrobes were falling apart. The food is was uneatable, egg soup! cod in carrot sauce! The location is poor, the area resembles a building site from the 80's that everyone has walked away from. This has to be the worst hotel that I have ever been to by far and the sooner the owners take responsibility and close the place the better.

Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Most of the reviews I've read about the Elba are correct the rooms could do with a little TLC etc we've stayed there for the last 3 yrs in January that probably says it all.the staff from reception.supermarket.room service,are absolutely fantastic everything we've asked for at reception was done for us, the pool isn't heated, big deal,if you want 5 star pay 5 star prices

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Howell K
Windermere, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at hotel for 1week AI and as soon as we got here wished we hadn't bothered. The food here is awful, the rooms are really dated and in real need of modernising, the staff are great and are as helpful as possible but the fact the owners are putting no money back into the place means it just really is the pits.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WendyandNick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel and it was not the hotel our travel agent was advertising but reception was clean and tidy checkin was quick we were sent all around the hotel to our room!! room basic and clean lunch was from the bar menu not the usual AI lunch but food was nice breakfast and dinner were nice good selection typical AI food hotel was quiet but after a busy xmas season it was nice staff were great esp willy who worked pool bar restaurant and the main bar reception staff were polite and helpful we had a dodgy tv an couldnt get an english channel but was fixed quickly and had sky news free bus is great best stop for beach is at the san jorge there is a bridge to the promanarde a few steps away You can book last minute tours at the hotel or cc atlantico lobos was great if your in correlejo go to the waikiki its hidden down a side road off the main street food was amazing and you can sit and eat on the beach altogether hotel and holiday was great

• Stayed January 2014
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#6 of 28 in Antigua
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,579 reviews

Been to Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!