“must go back”

Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“must go back”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel,my wife and i having stayed the corresponding week last year.I decided to book this year to celebrate my 60th birthday,taking our son,daughter and partner and two grand children.I registered to the Elba fidelity card scheme hoping to get sea view rooms (having paid £120 last year).The travel agent emailed the hotel the week before we traveled giving details of my card number.We arrived card in hand to find we had a sea view room and the other room (although we were advised we were only entitled to one)was next door the manager having authorised it.The rooms are large with separate bedroom with a massive bed.There were two robes on the bed,the fridge had complimentary water,pop and beer.(both rooms).The restaurant selection is excellent,breakfast get fresh omelete,pancakes fried eggs if you dont mind waiting a few minutes.At lunch and evening meal fresh cooked steak,fish or chops(ok some of the self service on the buffet could be warm rather than hot but there is a microwave if you need).Usual drinks available,entertainment day and evening.Superb position on the sea front.Excellent hard working staff polite and with a smile.The entertainment team work tirelessly.there was some work being done on the San Jorje part we did not hear it from the Antigua but you could hear it when you walked by so it could be a problem for those staying
in that part,but it can only be good for future visitors.In reply to other reviews there is no air con so it could get a little warm in the room but with a sea view room we could leave the door and window open in the night.Old televisions but there is only to english news channels besides do you go on holiday to watch TV.Funiture a little dated but again how long do you spend in your room.More important to have clean bedding and towels which we had every day although the info suggested not.Every hotel in the world has good and bad rooms maybe we have been lucky.
I would like to use this space to sincerely thank the manager and all his staff for making it a holiday to remember.I would love to go back but i believe the hotel is no longer listed as an Elba
hotel so i would not benefit from the Elba card.Although i am sure the standard of service will remain the same. .

Room Tip: Sea view room a must but you may have to pay for the priveledge,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert M
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Robert M,

first of all I would like to thank you for such a long and positive comment, is a big pleasure for me to answer!
Thanks also for your kind words about our staff, our services and our rooms, but the most important thing is that you visited us twice and every time has been a good experience for you, so this mean that we are going on the right direction.
Your satisfaction is our best reward!
About your last observation, I can guarantee you that the hotel will stay in the Elba chain for a long time, so... see you next year!
Contact us before you arrive!

Best regards from Fuerteventura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (910)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel in august 2013 for 2 weeks and i would say it was a very basic holiday, the hotel was only 3* so you got what you were given. there were only 2 pools and one of them only got a couple of hours a day of sunlight. the beach was very far down the road which meant a long walk. the weather wasnt very good, as some of the days it was very cloudy & the last day there was a very bad thunder & lighten storm which lasted the whole day. there were a few sunny days but it only lasted a couple of hours.
on the plus side the food was 'ok' it changed every night which made it more interesting.
the best thing about the holiday was seein the cats every day, they were extremly friendly and loved spending time with people!
i would recommend the going to the Oasis park, this is a zoo and had lots & lots of animals to feed!
the staff were very friendly & kind
the room was clean & safe!

Room Tip: choose a sea view room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ac Student S,

thank you very much to write a comment, the feed back of our client is the best opportunity than we have to improve our services.
Thank you very much for the kind words about our staff and our food, but I'm really sorry about the weather, normally in August is sunny every day, you was not lucky, and I understand your disappointment.
I think is not possible to visit fuerteventura twice and find a bad weather twice, so I hope you decide to visit us soon!

Best regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Recently returned from hotel, had a better than average week.
We only went Bed and Breakfast, we were pleased with this arrangement as we felt that the complex lacked a little in the way of bar fascilities.
The breakfast was more than adequate with a wide variety and choice.
The rooms were adequate , large and we thought very clean although talking to people, not the same for every one.
Bedding and towels looked a litle tired but they were changed frequently and were clean.
Over all decent complex, a little tired compared to others.
People, when you read reviews expect 5 star but dont want to pay for it.
We had a very enjoyable week with "not a lot" to moan about.
The DOG AND DUCK PUB is definately worth a mention as this was a perfect watering hole, extemely friendly pub and an overall good place to have a drink.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view - get the ELBA fidelity loyaly card
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank matin h
Dear Matin h,

thank you very much for your opinion, our priority is the satisfaction of our guests and we are so glad to know that in this case we have met your expectations.
Thank you for all your observations and for highlighting the importance of the category.
Hope you come back soon, we will be so happy to welcome you again.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed there the week of the 19th Oct. When we arrived we had requested sea views, yes we got a sea view up a alley that was overlooked by another building and you had to put your head over balcony to see the sea. Also it was the shaded side so we asked if we could be moved - oh yes the receptionist said come back tomorrow so we did. We were told there was none except in the end building where all the work has started, however we thought it would be a little bit quieter than having reggae music getting blasted out in the early hours and having a pub on the corner opposite to us. We now overlooked the skips where people came daily to remove stuff from it in there cars - they got them all; pots pans box's, great entertainment Thomas cook... . They did not inform us of the renovations which we had men working outside our bedroom window every morning at 8 am. I found this hotel to be all front and very dated inside the pool area was good plenty of beds and handy for walks that are flat. The restaurant was average there is a chef trying to cook bits of meat, warm pasta, fry chips. My biggest concern is that plates of prawns and cooked meats were on glass coloured cubes with a energy bulb under not a good idea. Also it is waiter service when on all inclusive you have to have a slip of paper each time even for water. The bed sheets only get changed once a week and towels 3 times a week- we never got done on the wed as they had forgot and there is no cleaning on a Thur so when I rang reception for clean towels and toilet rolls you would think I had committed a sin as I would not go to reception to pick them up after paying over 1,000 pounds for a holiday I thought it a bit rich to have to be humiliated to collect toilet rolls on my holidays. I rang an hour later as they did not bring them and I asked to speak to manager he was busy funnily enough. They did arrive by a grumpy house keeper. On one day about half 10 in the morning, we were making a phone call in our room when there was a knock at the door, we didn't answer it straight away however the people thought 'lets just go in' as there was a housekeeper and 2 maintenance men who came to collect (without us knowing) the bed beneath the sofa. They didn't seem to think there was a problem... I even asked if there was a shortage of beds... they found it quite funny as they just left. Quite worrying. Always wondered what it's like when bailiffs come.. My opinion would be to keep this part of the hotel closed off until ALL the work is done.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear GardenBird60,

thank you very much to share your experience on this web, the best way to improve our work is to know the opinion of our guests.
I already note all your observations and I start right now to work to keep growing.
Thank you also to give us the possibility of reply, I'm sorry about the inconvenient of your room, anyway I'm glad to know that, at the end, you had got a good sea view room.
About the restaurant service, we are so proud to have such a complete service, we are a 3 stars hotel and we have show cooking during breakfast, lunch and dinner, the waiters attend our guests at the table and are one of our most appreciated services, as you can read on this web page.
I would like also to make clear that the decoration of our restaurant is totally safe, so I'm sorry that you didn't like it, but I think is subjective opinion.
I hope you can give us a new possibility, a new chance to show you our professionality, you will always be welcome at this home.

wales
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed as a couple for 10 days self catering in the San Jorge. We checked in at the Antigua next door and our room was ready immediately. Very spacious 1 bedroom apartment, huge bed ample storage, comfy settee and balcony furniture. The décor and furniture is rather dated but they are in the process of refurbishing some rooms so I am sure this will improve the property. There could have been a few more cooking utensils available but then when you see how cheap it is to eat out its not such a problem but some wine glasses and large tumblers would be nice as we do like to have a drink on the balcony. The rooms were cleaned regularly with fresh towels and bedding 3 times a week. Staff were friendly and helpful with any questions. Pool and public areas were clean and well maintained.
Our room faced the road close to the bottle bank and recycling area and also within earshot of the Dog and Duck pub which was very noisy but I suppose the hotel was there before the bottle bank and the pub so cant really complain but would opt for a sea or pool view at the promenade side of the building next time.
The resort is a nice size, you can walk to the main beach in 10 minutes or a little further to the beaches by the Sheraton and Elba Carlotta, plenty of commercial centres, the Atlantico centre has bowling and a cinema as well as some nice shops.
It is very cheap to eat and drink - Pint of San Miguel 1.50 euro / Full breakfast 3 euro / 3 course meals 8.95 euro, there are some nice fish/Italian/Portuguese/Indian restaurant's too if you want to pay a bit more.
Overall a lovely holiday in a good location with fantastic weather.

Room Tip: pool or sea view rooms will have better views and less noise at night
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane T
CASTILLOSANJORGE, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Diane T,

is very pleasure for me to read your review, thank you very much, we are glad to know that you could enjoy your holiday and, most important thing for us, that you want to come back!
I specially appreciate all observation about our buildings and our staff, and I can make you sure that if you will come back next summer you'll not recognize our rooms.
The area where the hotel is is one of the best of the island, we have a lot of services, shops, bars, etc so I think is a perfect place to spend your holidays and forget the stress of the city.

Can't wait to see you back! thanks for all.

Best regards
perth
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We arrived after a really early start and were told by the receptionist our room was not ready so come back in an hour and then she moved onto the next person waiting. She didn't direct us to where anything was eg snack bar where we could get a drink or offer us anywhere to put our luggage, so we ended up sitting in the reception area for an hour, my husband went off in search of somewhere to get us a drink as it was very hot and there is no air conditioning. After an hour my husband returned to the desk and our room was still not ready, no apology given, however after a while and the receptionist phoning, what I presume was the housekeeper, we were given a room. We asked if we had a sea view, as we had requested this, but the receptionist changed the subject and continued with instructions as to how to get to the room, we would have been willing to pay for it as well but were not even given the option. I know there were sea view rooms available as I had checked on the website the night before. However, we were too tired and hot to argue. We got to our room, which I have to say was large and spacious. We were on the corner and had a huge balcony, which didn't really get the sun and overlooked the dog and duck pub, which appeared to be quite quiet. How wrong we were, at night, once the all inclusive bars were no longer serving the free drinks they all came to this pub, but it was really noisy, so if you end up in an apartment overlooking or above the dog and duck ask for another room. The apartment was quite basic, we were there on a self catering basis, so facilities were quite basic. However, we had intended to mainly eat out, so this did not bother us much. The only trouble was, to get any decent food you had to walk quite a bit as everything in the resort is spaced out quite a bit. We ate in the snack bar, the food was nice and I have to say the staff were lovely. As others have said they don't take cash so you have to set up a credit account. We had a few problems cos the receptionist staff kept sending notes down to the bar staff to say that my husband's signature did not match exactly, however, when the bar staff compared them, they could not see what the problem was and basically what had happened was the reception had photocopied it and part of the signature had not come up on the copy. So when I say the bar staff were lovely, they kept saying not to worry and even gave us a free drink or too as in the words of the bar man ' we are annoying you, so we give you a drink to make up for it' The pool area was good and there were always plenty of beds and you could be as near to or as far away from the pool as you wanted, with plenty of space so you weren't squashed together with other people. The on site shop had the basics, but we found the hiper supermarkets were best for getting supplies. My only one other negative would be that towels were only changed 3 times a week and as far as I know that applied to everyone not just self catering, it is much better to have fresh towels each day. The cleaner did a really good job of keeping the room nice and clean. It would be unlikely that we will return, mainly to do with the resort being a bit too quiet for us.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view, avoid rooms looking onto the street or anywhere near the pubs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ureferg
Dear Ureferg,

first of all thank you very much, know the opinion of our guests is the best way to improve our services, so I note all your observations and I apologize about the misunderstanding at your arrival. I start right now to work to make it not happen again.

Thanks to mention our brilliant staff and our cleaning service, we know how important is, and our priority is to meet the expectative of our clients.
I'm sorry if you think that our hotel is to much quiet, because we have so many bars, discos and pubs close to us (one of them is "the dog and duck"), and we have also animation activitys every day an night.

I hope you can change your opinion and decide to come back and spend more time with us, in this case I will welcome you personally.

Thank you very much and best regards!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Me and my boyfriend just stayed here for a week all inclusive and had a wonderful holiday. Rooms were clean, food was nice, always plenty of sun beds. All staff are really pleasant and cant do enough to help you if there's anything u need. After reading other reviews before we went I was nervous about what the holiday was going to be like, but I can honestly say we has a fab time. Beach is only about a 5 minute walk away and shops and bars really close also.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Bexw14
Dear Bexv14,

thank you very much for your review, the satisfaction of our guests is our priority and we do our best to meet with that, thanks also to mention our staff and our facilities.

We hope you decide to come back and spend more holidays with us.
Hope to see you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
#5 of 28 in Antigua
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
#8 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua? Share your experiences!