We just got back from staying in the San jorge which is the self catering hotel of the two ( Antigua houses the all inclusive guests). The San jorge although attached to the Antigua hotel has its own pool, reception etc although due to current upgrades the reception is closed and all furniture removed and the pools aren't manned or cleaned of the dust from the workers doing refurbished to some rooms. The spa & kids club was also shut. If your stopping in the San jorge soon I'd recommend you complain and you be moved to the Antigua as the San jorge was dusty, stunk of paint fumes amongst other fumes and was really noisy from drills, circular saws etc. not to mention the workers going up and down corridors with rubbish on trolleys. Despite this moan the rooms were cleaned to a basic standard 5 days a week, they needed updating which I guess it part of the process they are completing currently. I just think if they are updating they shouldn't put guests that side of the hotel, however you can use the Antigua pool area. The beds were very comfy and very clean however floors were grubby after cleaners were in we had black hairs in the sink, up the basins and other areas on a few occasions and so did other guests. Rooms are pretty small for self catering there is no table area for eating only a small sofa and coffee table. They do however have sky news and euro sport in the rooms in English. I wouldn't stay here again but I'm sure in a year or softer the upgrade the San jorge will be a nice hotel, the Antigua looked ok and guests we spoke to said the food was ok except for hotdogs not sausages in the morning.
In regards to the report the Aberdeen steak house does a huge (and I mean huge) breakfast with drink for under €5 it was the best and cheapest we found. It also does a great vending menu with a 3 course meal for €8.95 ( they add a small tax on but it's only 7%).
Travel from the resort to the main resort corrajo is about 50 mins by bus, you have to change bus half way but its fairly easy and the buses run regularly from Tony's ribs restaurant ( next to the market) it's about €1.50 on the number 3 for the first bus then €3.30 to the main resort corrajo. It's Roth a trip there is a lot more shops etc there. Caleta de fuste is very quiet but lots of parks for smaller children.
The market in caleta de fuste is Tuesdays and Saturdays and you can walk it easily in 10 mins from the hotel or the little train runs to if for €1.50
Weather was breezy on a evening I'd take a jacket or cardigan but its warm enough through the day.
The dog and duck downstairs to the hotel is a lovely little pub with reasonable priced uk sweets and treats.
The watermark was shut for the winter season but we passed it on the bus and it looked canny, shame it was shut but its probably because of not being heated pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Caleta de Fuste and only 500m from the Castillo beach and town centre, the Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua suite hotel has everything you need for your self catering holidays. The town centre boasts several shopping and leisure centres, while the beach offers a variety of water or beach sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste