I have just returned from a weeks All Inclusive holiday with my two sons, (12 & 14). Having read previous reviews I choose this hotel for its "value" and the fact that the rooms had recently been refurbished. So let me start with the positives, the people and staff are extremely friendly, hard working and when needed always attentive. The restaurant offers a daily selection of choice all of which is well prepared, supplemented by a poolside snack bar throughout the day. If your children are under twelve then I would suggest the animacion team provide plenty to keep all occupied. The rooms are a good size and well equipped if a little basic. Disappointingly our room wasn't one of the refurbished but despite the rather basic furniture was certainly comfortable enough.
The two pools are perhaps a little small for the size of the residence, and certainly if you want to spend the day by the poolside then you will need to locate your sun beds by around 8.30am to guarantee a spot.
If I were to make two constructive comments then I would say management could do a little more to make the restaurant choice a little more interesting. I was surprised there appeared to be no daily fresh fish selection and if you happen to be vegetarian you would be very limited for choice for the week. Secondly the wifi situation is very poor. Both the weekly room option (€25) and the daily option (€7) failed to work and I have to say I wasted the money trying to use wifi in and around the hotel. The free wifi is limited to one hour a day and only in reception. Perhaps you could argue you shouldn't need wifi on holiday, but with two teenagers that simply isn't living in the real world. Could do a lot better.
I decided not to have every meal in the hotel and certainly the choice in Caleta de Fuste, just a ten minute stroll along the boardwalk, is excellent. My advice would be not to go all inclusive again but sample the restaurant fair in town. Even better, hire a car and go explore, there's lots to see and do outside of the resort itself.
Finally a quick shout out for the Dog & Duck. Not part of the hotel itself but on the same site. Very good place for pre dinner drinks if you are eating in or out of the hotel.
I will certainly return to Caleta de Fuste, it's certainly warm and pleasant. Perhaps not to the Castillo San Jorge & Antigua, but largely through personal choice rather than the hotel itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Caleta de Fuste and only 500m from the Castillo beach and town centre, the Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua suite hotel has everything you need for your self catering holidays. The town centre boasts several shopping and leisure centres, while the beach offers a variety of water or beach sports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Castillo San Jorge / Antigua / Caleta De Fuste
- Castillo San Jorge
- Castillo De San Jorge
- Suite Hotel Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste