“Another wonderful visit - with free personal training!”

Hotel Elba Palace Golf
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently arrived home after another fantastic holiday at the Elba Palace. We've been going to the Palace since it first opened and I've reviewed the hotel before, so will just stick to its new features. Suffice it to say that I love this hotel - the outstanding feedback it gets seems wholly justified to me.

It was a pleasure to meet the new manager, Mr. Rufino, who was very attentive and pleasant. And, of course, Pilar, the assistant manageress, was as magnificent as she always is. I like a previous reviewer's description of her has the heart of the place: she genuinely wants you to have the best holiday you can possibly have and will endeavour to make sure you do.

A new departure for the hotel is its increasing interest in health and wellbeing (it's now a "hotel vital"). The gym had a total refit while we were there with Technogym equipment (though can I make a plea for some foam rollers, please?). For me, the best thing of all is the introduction of Eva, the personal trainer. I have had personal training for years and I know how variable trainers can be, but Eva is top notch. (Btw, if anyone is looking for brilliant personal training in Nottingham, contact Steve Aylwood at Original Movement, Colwick. I've never found better people than the trainers here for all kinds of fitness needs - from therapeutic to proper athletic training, to just ensuring you get off the sofa). Anyway, I really can't recommend Eva's service enough - she is very well educated in sports science, having studied it for 5 years at university and now doing her masters. She's utterly flexible too and will respond to your needs exactly (it's not all about a hard-hitting work out, unless that's what you want, you can do eg basic mobility and stretching with her if that's better for you). She is really keen to help you and I have to say that I felt much better after this holiday because I trained with Eva - she really helped minimize the effects of the wine (talking of which, the Lanzarote wine, El Grifo, is absolutely delicious). And, what's more: the personal training is free! I could barely believe it - proper five star luxury. I really hope the Palace continues with this marvellous service - I notice people on Tripadvisor are starting to mention it now, and it deserves all of the accolades it gets.

I must mention the wonderful Patrick, the pianist at dinner before I stop. He's exceptionally talented (has played with some big names, I hear) and always wants to play requests for you. The dinner itself is fine if Pilar is Maître D. We are vegetarians, but we have managed to come up with a few dishes over the years - Pilar usually sorts things out for us. And Javier is just wonderful - he really tries to create a magical experience for you.

I don't believe you will find a quieter, more beautiful and romantic hotel than this at a similar price (and we don't play golf either). If anyone knows one, please get I contact with me!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, though people often choose the rooms overlooking the golf course.
2  Thank Lisa C
ELBAPALACEGOLF, Director General at Hotel Elba Palace Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your amazing comments! We are so happy to know that you had a great vacation with us! It certainly makes us want to continue to improve everyday!!

Know that our guests have a great vacation makes us feel very happy and proud of our job.

We have shared your review with all staff the Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again.

Kind regards from your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

Javier Rufino

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I very peaceful place that we found a pleasure to relax in. A tranquil haven. Would highly recommend and would definitely come back. Lovely staff, especially Sara on reception who was so sweet in dealing with my fussy quirks! Muchísimas gracias!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel isn't for you if you are expecting something grand and lively. The hotel is lovely with is tranquil courtyard, deluxe rooms and friendly atmosphere.

This is our fourth visit to the hotel, and as always we had a great time. It is the staff that make this place so special, Pilah (assistant manager) is the heart of it, followed by great service from Habbi, Aransusa, Carmen, Annetta, Alfredo, the singing waiter, the lovely chefs, and new addition to the crew Ava (fitness coach).

It is very much a couples or friends hotel, it is not suited to families. The golf facilities are excellent, although some of the breaks on the buggies could do with an overhaul, watch out in the 17th and 18th holes.

The bedrooms are spotlessly clean, and the housekeeping staff are kind and friendly. We did notice a couple of areas for attention, the bathrobes are looking shabby and the pool towels have seen better days and often there were not enough (didn't help that guests chose to leave towels on sun loungers and disappear for hours). There aren't many sun loungers to be had, so rather selfish. The hotel has added some fancy poolside double beds, but they aren't comfortable and most people avoid them.

An exciting addition to the hotel is Eva, a lovely, keen fitness coach. The personal training is free, yet many guests didn't seem to bother. I took three classes, Eva was well trained and a pleasure to train with. Focussing the training around golf muscles would probably drum up trade and buy the poor girl some yoga mats!

The food is lovely, although after two weeks of the same menu and specials it can be hard work if you aren't a great sea food eater. We would like to see more vegetarian dishes and chicken and maybe some dishes such as the pasta could come with optional sauces (choice of cheese, tomato or fish). The buffet is well done but refrigerated cabinets are probably a good idea and please label the food better, especially the desserts which were a bit disappointing this time, lots of mystery mousses and the fruit option isn't often there.

These are only small gripes and I can say with certainty that we will be returning. I found with most guests it is a marmite hotel, you will love it or hate it. It's probably not for teenagers or a rowdy group of blokes on a golf break, but if you are looking for something small, quiet, personal and quality, this is for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, it just depends which side of the golf course you would like to see, poolsid...
2  Thank Nicole P
ELBAPALACEGOLF, Director General at Hotel Elba Palace Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for trust in our company Elba Hotels and for choosing our resort in Fuerteventura, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

We are very happy reading that exceeded your expectations and you will come back again!!!We will make your special stay in our hotel.

We will share your beautiful comments with our staff and we hope to see you very soon in your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our first sunshine holiday alone for a long time and we booked 5 star luxury with a little concern that it may not be up to scratch but we were wrong to worry. The hotel and the staff were excellent throughout.
Food was superb and the suite was gorgeous.
We didn't go to play golf but chose it for the facilities food and the fact that it was adults only during our stay. It was so peaceful and the golf course looked great.
One pleasant surprise was the fact that there was a personal trainer at the hotel and I booked a one hour session with her each day. Eva was great and certainly knew her stuff!

Room Tip: book a suite
1  Thank Rich E

Kind regards from your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

General Manager.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just finishing our week half board stay here at the golf hotel......for a real treat,this is somewhere to go for that special holiday,wether your golfing or needing a break,this is the hotel to treat yourself.from reception to service,food and comfort,all high quality and standard,all spotlessly clean,rooms,restaurant,pool,and rooms....free bus to beach and little extras help make this a great hotel.....

Room Tip: Ask for golf course and sea view when booking.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phil h

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 July 2014

restful, relaxing and welcoming. Experienced 5 nights at the Hotel Elba Palace without once picking up a golf club. Thanks to the friendly staff, good food and excellent pool, and the pool table , there was no need to up the pace to walking speed. Can highly recommend the location, the room quality, bed linen, cleanliness, and overall charm of the place. The provision of a one to one trainer was a good touch, and Pilates classes which we took part in. There was no one there under 30 !

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and shady with two balconies.
2  Thank Helen2610
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a week at the Elba Palace Golf Resort in Fuerteventura. Now neither my wife or I play golf but having read plenty of reviews we knew this was irrelevant. Our reason for picking this hotel was to have a quiet week just to chill and that is exactly what we did.

The hotel is a very nice building in a quiet area about fifteen minutes from the airport. We booked through Thomas Cook so the transfer is included. Having done it once I would have no problem in making my own way to the hotel. There is a free bus that runs from the hotel to the Elba Groups other properties a few times a day. This will get you to the small Atlantico Shopping Centre which has a decent sized Spar shop which is very reasonable. Don't worry if you miss the bus as it is only 3 euros back to the hotel in a taxi.

I'll start with the negatives :

Two of the rules at the Hotel were that men wore long trousers to dinner and that it was an adults only resort. On arrival we were again reminded about the dress code for dinner.

Once into our room we discovered that there was no iron in the room. I went to reception to borrow one for the room and was told there was no such facility but I could pay to have my garments ironed. I don't know about everyone else, but my clothes don't exactly come out of my suitcase looking their best.

I asked if I get could get a few items ironed that day as I needed something to wear for dinner. I was told it could be done but it would cost me 50% more! We got 4 items ironed for 25 euros. I ended up buying a travel iron at Spar for 15 euros so it was 40 euros that really didn't expect to spend.

We went for dinner on the first night and to our surprise there was at least one guest in shorts. Now I like to relax on holiday and I would happily lounge about in shorts all day but rules are rules. This happened every night.

At dinner one night a family with young children came into the hotel. I don't know if they just had a drink or ate but again rules are rules. This was supposed to be an adults only resort.

We took the half board option at the hotel as many people commented on how good the food was. The breakfast buffet was good and set us up for the day but the dinner was disappointing. The starter and dessert were buffet and the main course a la carte.

The buffet choice was a decent selection of meats and cheese and salad but everything sat out with no refrigeration. The food could be sitting out for quite some time which resulted in the food drying out or sweating. The desserts fared worse with jellies that were not set anymore.

The main courses were very small and not cooked particularly well. The food was often lukewarm. I expected more from a five star hotel.

Although the hotel is small and quiet there is also a lack of individual sunbeds around the pool. Everybody wants their own space but you have to make sure everyone can get a bed.

I discounted a lot of hotels due to the fact they had no air-con. The hotel has air-con but it is very limited. There are controls in the room but they do nothing else except switch the air-con on or off. The flow of air is slight to say the least. We are from Scotland and I like my room cool, especially at night. If it hadn't have been for the ceiling fan it would probably have been pretty unbearable. I expect air-con in my room to be controlled by me.

Now the positives :

This is a lovely hotel. The rooms are great and the bathroom is as big and well appointed as just about any I have experienced and that includes several in Las Vegas.

The staff deserve a special mention. The waiting staff at both breakfast and dinner were excellent and the cleaning staff also did a great job.

It may appear as if I am being negative about our stay but I am just being honest. We went for a quiet week in the sun at a nice hotel and that is exactly what we got.

The property and the staff are worthy of the 5 star rating but the food and facilities are not quite there.

1  Thank Gavin W
ELBAPALACEGOLF, Director General at Hotel Elba Palace Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thanks for your comments help us improve!!!!

Kind regards from your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura
H10 Ocean Dreams
H10 Ocean Dreams
#4 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to Hotel Elba Palace Golf? Share your experiences!