“Great Stay”

Hotel Elba Palace Golf
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Really wanted to relax and this hotel was perfect, the staff are very attentive and the service is excellent. The major plus here is to get half board as the food is of a good restaurant standard and the drinks at dinner are priced fairly, I personally have no interest in golf, but is it nice to see some grass on this island,

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Simon J W
ELBAPALACEGOLF, Director General at Hotel Elba Palace Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your amazing comments! We are so happy to know that you had a great vacation with us! It certainly makes us want to continue to improve everyday!!

Know that our guests have a great vacation makes us feel very happy and proud of our job.

We have shared your review with all staff the Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel and we would like to have the opportunity to see you again.

Kind regards from your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

After much surfing I opted for this adults only traditional type hotel in a not to touristy area.
The deal I acquired was I thought pretty good for a 5* especially as they were offering h/b for b and b. Also they had a great deal of upgrading to a corner suite for a mere £25 or so extra.
On drive from airport around 8k it was easy to find at the back of the golf course and surrounded by an estate of very nice houses.
The hotel was of traditional Canarian design and on walking in there is no lobby as such, just a couple of welcoming desks and chairs with a very pleasant member of staff waiting to check you in...I was handed a refreshing glass of bubbly along with a delightful old towel, check in was friendly and quick.
I was escorted to my suite......wow, it was bigger than some people's apartments, you entered into a long hallway with a double sink area to the left through to a massive bathroom with corner bath,walk in shower, loo and bidet (what I'd give for a bathroom this size at home) at the end of the hall was a large sitting room with double doors out to a large balcony which went along to the bedroom, there was a tv, mini bar, coffee table several chairs and a sofa, through sliding double doors was again was a very large bedroom with what I can only imagine were 2 large double put together.....delightful bedding. The bedroom was dual aspect with sliding doors opening to overlook the golf course, there were also sliding double doors leading to the large balcony from the lounge area, there was a dressing table, chairs and another tv. An absolute bargain for the rate.
Being of the Canarian design there was a central courtyard pleasantly furnished with sofa and chairs with various rooms leading off.
The pool was freezing considering the temps and there are loungers, umbrellas and cabanas....it was quiet whilst I was there and as some others have mentioned I don't think there would be enough to go round if full.
Buffet breakfast was enormous with everything hot and cold that you would need including bubbly.
Dinner being included was part buffet and part A La Carte, but I feel this was the only failing of the hotel, not what I would classify as 5*, although they shared dinner with the Sheraton buffet a 10 minute walk down the road which I tried one evening and that was astounding.
Elba Palace runs a bus down to the beach near the Sheraton where there is a Casino a small Mall and a shopping/restaurant area.
Staff at Elba were wonderful, always happy to please.

Room Tip: Be a devil spend a few £'s more and opt for a corner suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank efembe

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for trust in our company Elba Hotels and for choosing our resort in Fuerteventura, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

We are very happy reading that exceeded your expectations and you will come back again!!!we will make your special stay in our hotel.

We will share your beautiful comments with our staff and we hope to see you very soon in your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you are reading reviews and wondering should you stay here - here are a few reasons why you should. If you want peace and relaxation by the pool, a busy day had 16 people! Fresh fruit skewers provided mid morning and afternoon, are very welcome. The 'Nineteenth Hole' serves as a snack bar during the day, serving drinks and light lunches (club sandwiches, salads, ham and cheese sandwiches) all at the same cost at the beach bars in nearby Caleta. If you want to golf, there is a 30 bay driving range and a course that hosted the Spanish open. If taking a bit of time out to keep fit is preferred, there is a fully equipped gym with an on-site trainer. It is a 20min walk to Caleta de Fuste or there is a hotel bus that runs every hour on the hour. There is the St Andrews bar to enjoy a pre/post dinner drink. The half board option offers superb food at a very reasonable price. Starters such as Avocado and langostine or goats cheese salad; fish skewers, steak or duck followed by strawberry millefeuille are just a few of the superb options we enjoyed. There are also chef specials every night. The food is truly exceptional. What is not to like? Pilar Jorge and her team are exceptional - friendly and professional all the time. If you are after a relaxing, intimate stay with good food, this is the ideal place for recharging the batteries.

3  Thank William_and_Gail

Javier Rufino.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was our first visit to this hotel, but hopefully won't be our last! Booked after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Arrived late after a delayed flight but Nayrah on reception could not have been kinder, arranging something for us to eat and drink. The room was beautifully clean and kept this way by the housekeeping team. The pool area was again very clean and quiet (bliss). The food, both breakfast and evening meal were first class and the waiting staff were superb, especially Theresa. I would find it very difficult to find fault with the hotel and look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: Golf course view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IBloom2014

Dear Guest

We are very happy reading that exceeded your expectations and you will come back again!!!We will make your special stay in our hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Hoping for quiet and relaxing holiday the Elba Palace delivered. As we are not golfers and the hotel predominantly caters for golfer we were slightly concerned, but the hotel’s facilities proved to be fine for non-golfers. We went at the end of June, which apparently isn’t part of the golfing season, (it runs from October to April). Use of the hotel’s gymnasium and swimming pool are a great way to justify an extra portion of the fine food or wine on offer, though the starters and desserts could be a little more varied. Our room was great and 'all' the staff are friendly and ready to help. The services of Eva the personal trainer are an added bonus, she was truly excellent and tailored the training for both my husband and myself to our exact needs. Our only complaint was that there was no dedicated space for the ‘Pilates’ ‘Che Kung’ instruction and training. A massage/therapy service on site would also be good rather than having to travel down to the Sheraton for this service. Elba Palace is in a peaceful inland location away from the madding crowd but, with a regular free bus service should you wish to join the livelier fraternity at the Sheraton and seaside resort. The hotel isn’t too big and it provides a lovely tranquil atmosphere. Padrick provided quality piano playing in the evenings and what a lovely pianist he is.
All in all a fine place.

Room Tip: Corner suite facing North East has open views to the golf course and sea beyond. It is also quiet.
2  Thank Iona W
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently arrived home after another fantastic holiday at the Elba Palace. We've been going to the Palace since it first opened and I've reviewed the hotel before, so will just stick to its new features. Suffice it to say that I love this hotel - the outstanding feedback it gets seems wholly justified to me.

It was a pleasure to meet the new manager, Mr. Rufino, who was very attentive and pleasant. And, of course, Pilar, the assistant manageress, was as magnificent as she always is. I like a previous reviewer's description of her has the heart of the place: she genuinely wants you to have the best holiday you can possibly have and will endeavour to make sure you do.

A new departure for the hotel is its increasing interest in health and wellbeing (it's now a "hotel vital"). The gym had a total refit while we were there with Technogym equipment (though can I make a plea for some foam rollers, please?). For me, the best thing of all is the introduction of Eva, the personal trainer. I have had personal training for years and I know how variable trainers can be, but Eva is top notch. (Btw, if anyone is looking for brilliant personal training in Nottingham, contact Steve Aylwood at Original Movement, Colwick. I've never found better people than the trainers here for all kinds of fitness needs - from therapeutic to proper athletic training, to just ensuring you get off the sofa). Anyway, I really can't recommend Eva's service enough - she is very well educated in sports science, having studied it for 5 years at university and now doing her masters. She's utterly flexible too and will respond to your needs exactly (it's not all about a hard-hitting work out, unless that's what you want, you can do eg basic mobility and stretching with her if that's better for you). She is really keen to help you and I have to say that I felt much better after this holiday because I trained with Eva - she really helped minimize the effects of the wine (talking of which, the Lanzarote wine, El Grifo, is absolutely delicious). And, what's more: the personal training is free! I could barely believe it - proper five star luxury. I really hope the Palace continues with this marvellous service - I notice people on Tripadvisor are starting to mention it now, and it deserves all of the accolades it gets.

I must mention the wonderful Patrick, the pianist at dinner before I stop. He's exceptionally talented (has played with some big names, I hear) and always wants to play requests for you. The dinner itself is fine if Pilar is Maître D. We are vegetarians, but we have managed to come up with a few dishes over the years - Pilar usually sorts things out for us. And Javier is just wonderful - he really tries to create a magical experience for you.

I don't believe you will find a quieter, more beautiful and romantic hotel than this at a similar price (and we don't play golf either). If anyone knows one, please get I contact with me!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, though people often choose the rooms overlooking the golf course.
2  Thank Lisa C

Kind regards from your home, Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I very peaceful place that we found a pleasure to relax in. A tranquil haven. Would highly recommend and would definitely come back. Lovely staff, especially Sara on reception who was so sweet in dealing with my fussy quirks! Muchísimas gracias!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
H10 Ocean Dreams
H10 Ocean Dreams
#4 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to Hotel Elba Palace Golf? Share your experiences!