Broncemar Beach
  • Beachfront
US$133
US$99
  • Pool
Eurostars Las Salinas(Caleta de Fuste)
US$128
US$123
US$127
  • Pool
Hotel Costa Caleta(Caleta de Fuste)
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Sara(Caleta de Fuste)
US$167
US$152
US$214
US$186
US$156
US$146
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Palace Golf(Caleta de Fuste)
US$179
US$137
Villa Florida(Caleta de Fuste)(Great Value!)
US$74
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
3,668 results
All reviewsself cateringentertainment teamtavern barfado rockgreat holidaypool bartoastiessaladbar staffkids and adultspool sideplenty of choicecan't comment on the foodapartment was cleansun loungerslick of paintbad reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Like so many reviewers below, I too was apprehensive about going to the Broncemar after reading negative reviews. What swayed me was the many extremely positive ones written too- and I'm really glad we went!

Broncemar is only 10 mins from the airport- and you can get a cheap taxi (10 euros) or we pre-booked our return transfers in advance online very reasonably.

When we arrived at our apartment, the bath had a rusty patch on the bottom- so we requested a new room and were allocated a new one straight away. This room was perfectly clean, and well equipped. There is a kitchen with hob & microwave for those of you non- AI. There is a terrace, with chairs and table- and a clothes horse for drying your swimmers! I strongly recommend hiring the safe for the week (15 euros) and taking a hairdryer with you (there isn't one provided). The beds are single beds pushed together- and are very firm!! Not the most comfortable, but perfectly adequate.

Take your own beach towel- You're not allowed to use the apartment ones and they are very expensive to buy in local shops.

Food- There is something for everyone. Of course, they cater for 'the typical brit abroad' and serve cooked breakfasts, but they also offer fruit, yoghurts, pastries and continental selections. Lunches you get the option of poolside BBQ (Stay away from the sausages) or buffet (pork/beef/chicken/fish dishes and various rice/potatoes/pasta/bread accompaniments plus a huge salad bar, soup, desserts) Evening meals- similar to lunches with various hot meat/fish dishes and sides. There is usually themed- mexican/ chinese/ indian dishes available on top of the normal fayre. They do serve some canarian cuisine- chicken stew, mojo fish, canarian potatoes and I recommend trying these.

Drinks- There was loads to choose from on A.I. There was beer, wine, sangria (V.nice), cocktail of the day, vodka, gin, rum, brandy, whiskey, tia maria, amaretto, baileys (non-brand versions but perfectly quaffable). fanta, Fanta lemon, coke, diet coke, sprite, pineapple juice, O.J. Tea/coffee always available too. Careful with the ice- me and BF both got dodgy stomachs!

You cannot go to Caleta without going to the Fado Rock restaurant. It was absolutely amazing- we went twice in 1 week. The food is sensational, and excellent value. I had a massive fish mixed grill (King prawns, Tuna steak, 2 salmon steaks, local fish, squid, mussels) for 13 euros!!!! The portions are mahooooosive :o)

I recommend hiring a car. My BF hired one from Hertz, by the Hiperdino. We drove through the mountains and did the south of the island in one day. I recommend driving to Pared on the west coast- there is a bay there with a fish restaurant that has it's own swimming pool!! There are also caves there and you can feed the chipmunks. We also drove down to Jandia- which is very nice, and stopped off at Ginginamar on the way back up the east coast. There is a lovely little beach front bar there(literally on the beach)- and we ate authentic tapas while the sun set.

Buses- there are plenty of them. We took a bus up to corralejo for the day via Puerto del Rosario. They are very cheap.

Weather- interchangeable. We went 7-14 March and it was on the whole warm and pleasant- 20-25 degrees with some cloud & wind. However- there were a few stonking rain showers, and it rained our entire last day!!! They do make an effort with activities/ entertainment should this happen. Be careful when it's cloudy- this is when I let my sunscreen guard down and got epic sunburn!!!

I would like to say I didn't see one cockroach all holiday- but I saw one in my bath on my last night (Think this was due to the amount of rain).

All in all a fantastic holiday- great value. I was sad to have to come home.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank laurabow
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Arrived after reading some mixed reviews. Really don't understand how people come up with negativity! Bit tricky finding your room at first I'll grant you but after that there was nothing I could criticise! Apartment was clean, tidy and well presented and nowhere was far from the pools. Breakfast was plentyful with a good choice - burgers and chicken at the pool bar for lunch or very decent lunch fayre in the Restaurant. Enjoyed the evening meal every night which was often themed.Had excellent Paella one lunchtime!

Liked the Irish pub - better than your average hotel bar. Great service from Dani and his mate who worked fantastically hard with a smile on their faces! Well done lads! Overall none of the staff let the side down and were always friendly.

Quite liked the resort - no hustle and bustle but plenty of nice bars and restaurants. Plenty of bars for footie or rugby if you need your sport fix. Broncemar is only 5 minutes from the beach and the shops. Near the airport so yes there is sometimes aircraft noise but that means a short transfer!! No problem!

The holiday reps/entertainment team work hard all day but you can find plenty of quiet spots if thats not your bag - one or two tacky games went on! but you can easily avoid some of this "Hi de hi" shenanigans if you want!

Overall, something for everyone at Broncemar! Would recommend and more than likely return for a winter break sometime! Relaxed and chilled right now so I guess it worked!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Here is the low down on the Broncemar Beach - maybe acceptable 20 years ago in Spain but not nowadays........

1) No toiletries were provided i.e. soap, shampoo etc in the room. (This is the first time ever we have came across this – we were half board, not self catering).
2) No floor mats in the bathroom (even after we asked for them)
3) Shower head broken and held on by an elastic band
4) Damp patches on the walls of the lounge with paint flaking onto the floor (pictures attached)
5) Rooms were poorly cleaned – the bath and sinks were never cleaned – and empty pill plaster packs were on the floor when we arrived/booked in.
6) Chips, cracks and broken sections in the tiles in the lounge floor (picture attached)
7) Cock roach in bath on one occasion.
8) Bathroom surround was black and gaps between the tiles and bath (picture attached)
10) Giant toilet roll in locked container ran out – notified reception twice – in the end had to buy one our self before later collecting new one from reception (even though room had allegedly been made up)
11) Locking bolt on patio doors held on by a wood screw with sharp edges (wrong type of screw used) picture attached.
12) Only one dimly lit (lights not working), smelt of urine, toilet available by poolside (both men and women)
13) No visible pool life guard at any time even though there were signs stating there was one.
14) The poolside loungers were dirty and needed cleaning
15) None of the poolside showers for the three swimming pools worked, even though pool users were advised to shower before bathing.
16) The one outdoor heated (allegedly) pool was often dirty with pieces of paper, stones, plastic bags either floating or on the bottom. (I did not see this pool cleaned at all during the time we were there).
17) Insufficient seating in the restaurant, tables/chairs were crammed together, queues at most of the meal times
18) Many of the main dishes at meals times were almost gone it you were seated more than an hour after opening (particularly at dinner)
19) Water from dispensing machines in restaurant not allowed to half board guests – even at breakfast – told had to buy own water at these times.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This was my husband and I's first holiday abroad together and it was fantastic.The accomadation was spacious and cleaned every day. The food was fresh and had a mixture of British and local cuisine so something for everyone. The staff were exceptional and very friendly espescialy Dani and Ruben the barmen. They added a lot of fun to our holiday. The reception staff were quick and efficient, as was the restaurant manager. These apartments are based near to all local facilities and you can travel from one end of the island to the other using public transport which is cheap, reliable and air conditioned. All in all a great holiday to a lovely resort on a beautiful island.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2011

LOOK ! Hers the easiest way to write a review about the Broncemar Beach hotel.

1. Its about the cheapest priced holiday around on the net and in the brochures so as in all aspects in life you get what you pay for.
If you want quality then spend a load more and book in at the Barcelo Thalassa down the road.
We went as a couple last minute and it cost us £700 all together for half board, knew it wouldnt be five star quality and it wasnt. But for a cheap no frills holiday it was just fine for the price we paid.

2. The food is basic, your not paying much so you wont get the quality. Didnt bother us we just ate out instead which was much nicer, not that dear, and we didnt miss the noise and farce of the broncemars buffet room one bit !

3. the pool area is noisy, its that sort of "Brit families abroad" scenario with lots of loud music and silly pool games like "who can make the biggest splash" or the endless "telly quizzes".
If you want peace and quiet then good luck.

4. the hotel bar at night is heaving, but dead funny at 23.00 when the all inclusive finishes. Not once did I see anyone during my visits spend a euro cent after this time ! Never seen tightness like that before !
So if you can't face the busy bar, just go in after 11 and its all yours !

All in all, bargain break but basic.......
Noisy pool area [ take personal stereo ]...........
Want quality ? Go to the Barcello.......

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple