“cheap and cheerful!”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“cheap and cheerful!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

i stayed at this hotel may 2013 with my brother and partner, my partner and my 1 year old, i found that the room we was given was on 1st floor although i had requested a ground floor when booking, my brother was given a ground floor so we swapped without fuss. i have read some reviews where it said the room was in bad repair, my room was fine, clean and no hazards anywhere, i think some people go digging for problems to be honest! its a 3 star!! if they want to pick the negatives then pay the extra and go 4 or 5*! i found the food was fine what you expect from all all inclusives bit of everything but not always going to tickle everyones fancy! my partner is very fussy and he enjoyed the food and would return! the entertainment team were friendly especially steph she seemed to do all the activities when we was there! evening entertainment was poor, we spent most of our nights in the irish bar on the karoke or getting the karaoke man to perform gandam style (very amusing). all in all we enjoyed ourselves and its what you make of it our daughter had a lovley time although the childrens indoor play area was like a death trap! we took her to a few different ones throughout the town which were safe! the town is nice to walk around plenty ther and went on the day trip to the oasis park id say this was a must do with children brilliant value for money!!

Room Tip: id pay the extra for all inclusive! well worth it even if you eat out a lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank taylor1312

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (915)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Derbyshire
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here and it was the biggest mistake we ever made booking this place. The room was in a very bad state of repair. The door handle hanging off, the patio door only locked with 1 simple bolt held on with 1 screw, The furnature was very tatty and the bath had a big rust patch in it. All in all it was very shabby. The rep eventually moved us at extra cost but we had to endure 2 nights there. There was no room around the pool and the complex itself consisted of tatty rooms surrounded by tacky bars and amuzements. It seemed to be a little bit of Blackpool in Fuetaventura, I guess this might be to the taste of some people but certainly not us. I should also mention that it is very noise as you are directly under the flight path to the airport. The groundfloor rooms do not have a private balcany and anybody can walk into the room if you leave the patio door open. The hotel is not allowed to put people with children on the upper floor as the handrails are loose and in general not safe.

The hotel rep did agree with us how bad the place was and they did say they they keep giving feedback back to the uk but nothing ever seems to get done.

Room Tip: None. If you are near the front you have got the noise of the bars and discos and if you are at the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Adrian C

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Cheshire
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here 22nd-29th jan 2014 the place itself is overall ok bit shabby in parts (in need of a lick of paint)but an ideal base if you like to go out a lot! The room was basic but clean and maid came 5 out of the 7 days we stayed we had a ground floor room on the end of a block and because the hotel is situated up a slight hill the wind howled round the room and it was quite cool of an evening when we got back from our night out.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank starrCheshire
uk
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

We visited the hotel 15-22nd jan, and I have to say this is the best all inclusive I've ever stayed at, I've stayed in more expensive and less expensive but all things considered this place beats them all, the first night we arrived we were given a room by the pool and bar, because we were travelling with a 4 month old we found it a little noisy and we were given a choice of apartments further from the centre, great! The new apartment though had a bit of a tired mattress, we mentioned it and they changed it straightaway, the apts are not 5 * but they're clean and well equipped, the entertainment was great, the staff pleasant and friendly, the pool large clean and well maintained, the Irish bar is a real treat, its not often you find a 'real' pub in an all inclusive and though its only AI for 2 hours a day its a pleasant change for a drink after dinner. The barmen are lovely and a credit to the hotel constantly tidying and cleaning up, but the best bit in my opinion is the food, most nights are themed, American, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Canarian and I can't remember the others! But this is a fab idea as AI food quickly becomes samey, there is also usually a large carvery roast joint as well, something for everyone I think, there is beer and wine on tap, and even bottles of cava at breakfast! For the money I have not a clue how they manage to keep standards so high but I'm really impressed by broncemar and will definatley be returning. Thanks everyone x

Stayed January 2014
9 Thank UkMonkeychops
kent,
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here the last 3 years in jan/feb and after reading some of the latest reviews I was a bit unsure what to expect as some seem to slate this hotel,but I must say I found it to be the same comfort as I have had many times before.yes in some places it looks a little worn and in need of a bit of t.l.c but you need to look further than that. Girls that check you in cannot do enough for you,maids came everyday and got clean towels everyday.yes the tv is pay for view but it's nice to have if you don't feel like going out and want to watch a bit of tv. All I can think is the bad reviews seemed to be for Christmas/new year so maybe hotel had a little hiccup or maybe people just expected more for little expense (maybe they need to spend more to get what they are looking for) I would say this place is well worth the money and they do try to look after you (but if you keep moaning all the time it does wear a little thin regardless who you are or what it's about) we do feel this should recommend here as a nice place to stay.

Stayed January 2014
8 Thank paulbKent_
Sidcup, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

9th visit to this resort. A complete change to my review in August 2013. The hotel has obviously taken on board comments. Our apartment was newly decorated and the shower was one of the best I've had, very powerful. No cockroaches! We were self catering but the general comments from AI guests was that the food was excellent.
There was no trouble getting a sunbed and no queues at the bars. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The Tavern barman made an excellent G & T!
The entertainment team of Steph, Nat & Will were superb constantly smiling and great energy.
We will be back in August!

Room Tip: Upstairs room!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank martinsidcup
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our 3rd stay at the Bronce. Love it! Can't wait to go again next year! The AI food is good. It was better this time as they had more tapas/starter options than previous times but saying that it has always been good food im my opinion.

The entertainment team were amazing. Join in the fun if you want to but there's no pressure if it's not your thing. They are fun, friendly and helpful. Stef, Will and Nat are an incredible team!

As far as the hotel staff and customer service goes top marks all round! If you have a problem talk to the staff about it. Don't wait until you get online and gripe about it in a review. If they don't know you have an issue how are they supposed to put it right?!

We've never been out of the hotel for drinks, entertainment or nightlife so I can't comment on what that is like. The Bronce is all we need for our kind of relaxing and fun filled holiday.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends