“Excellent hotel”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We are a family of 6 and just returned from the Broncemar Beach hotel.

The complex was spotless, rooms were large, entertainment was good and there was plenty of choice for everyone in the restaurants. The hotel in Central to everything, restaurants, bars, shops and beach.

We would definitely return.

4  Thank Marie D
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Marie D,

first of all I am grateful that you shared your opinion with us, as it is really important to know what our guests think about their stay.

As your opinion is highly positive and you seem to not have any reservations about Broncemar Beach, I can only invite you to book your next holiday. Please bear in mind that you can always contact our reception before arrival - Maite, Pilar, Katia and Zuzanna will be more than happy to help you with anything you need.

We all look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived a couple of days before the accident when it happened the girl was quickly attended to by fellow holiday makers and someone who worked for an ambulance service who had just arrived I think there was a lot of confusion as to what was happening in the first instance. However this was our second time here I have to say I love the place the staff were fantastic and friendly and helpful the room was clean and well attended to food was great with good services on site the entertainment team were fantastic we did have a problem with the door lock which can happen anywhere it was sorted in under 5min after reporting it I will most definitely come back and stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank patterdale808
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Customer,

thank you for sharing with us your Broncemar Beach experience.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your second holiday at our hotel and that you want to come back. We always try to solve any issues, like door locks, as soon as possible, so our guests can relax without worries.

We believe that 90% of successful businees is in the hands of its employees - therefore I am really proud of Broncemar Beach team, as I know that they want to provide excellent service in all areas - food&beverage, housekeeping, reception, entertainment. This is why I am grateful when we get feedback from the customers, as it shows us what we should improve and what is satisfying enough for most of our guests.

When you visit us again, please inform us that it is not your first stay. If you have any questions or requests before, we will be happy to help you.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived back late Saturday after a very enjoyable 10 days here. We usually ask for, and get, an upstairs room. These rooms used to be at no extra charge, but last year Broncemar started charging 10e a night extra. We paid it last year but decided this year to just ask for a room near the pool, which we got. This was actually more convenient for nipping back to room. I don't think the 100e it would have cost us was worth it.
The rooms are looking a bit tired now but nothing at all to complain about. Sheets were changed three times but we had to go and ask for more toilet paper. I keep meaning to ask why the cleaners remake the two beds in the bedroom but not the bed in the living room, they just dump the clean sheets on the bed-settee..
We stayed self-catering as we enjoy the local restaurants but the food looked fine at lunch time.
As to the dreadful accident to the little girl, this was awful. I would like to say that we have been going to Broncemar for ten years now and have never witnessed anything like this before. It was truly horrific. Obviously Spain has lower standards with regard to safety than we have in the UK so children do need to be supervised closely near water etc. but all the glass needs to be changed so this can never happen again. I have a relative who works at a glass company and he was horrified about this as obviously the wrong type of glass can be used in Spain,
I am waiting to see if the Manager replies to these comments.
Also, I think a mention of the lovely man who sprinted across the pool area to assist the little girl is needed. The outcome could have been different but for his actions. Do not know his name, he was from South Wales. Lovely man!
Apart from this accident, a very good stay again.

3  Thank suesmum

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for trusting us once again and for sharing your review with us.

I would like to explain that we have 4 types of rooms: standard, upstairs, superiors and double bedrooms. All of them have different prices and it is always possible to make a booking directly for the type of room you want to stay in.

According to the topic toilet paper, we are grateful for reporting this kind of problems during the stay so we can act before departure day. I should inform you that our housekeepers do not make the sofa beds while they clean the rooms so the customers can fully enjoy the living room area during the day and decide on their own when they want to convert sofas into beds.

I also agree with you that children should be supervised at all times and it is not acceptable that a child of 10 years old is looking after his even younger siblings, at the same time being totally alone in any area of the hotel. Everything that should be written about the accident has been already written in my previous responses. As a representant of the hotel I have decided not to comment on this subject anymore, apart from underlining that all hotel amenities comply with standards imposed by spanish law.

I hope you will decide to spend your next holiday at Broncemar Beach. We will be at your disposal at any time in case you have any questions or requests.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

we stayed here for 4 days just after we arrived the accident happened where the little girl walked through the glass window an accident that should not have happened.when the girls father arrived back from the hospital he gently pushed other windows near the pool bar and they also bowed and moved.he also asked the manager for a room while his little girl was recovering from her operation and was told he would have to pay up front as he owed them money for the window,several holiday makers thought this was disgusting.
my daughter had an 8 year old boy with her and rather than him get injured at this hotel she paid to get a flight home early.
i would urge people with children not to go to this hotel until the glass as been changed.

3  Thank sandee915

Dear sandee915,

I regret that your daughter, instead of talking directly with me so I can clear up the situation, decided to change her flight and leave the hotel earlier than it was planned. I am also disgusted with the false rumor that I demanded that guests pay for the window.

I would like to underline that all the hotel amenities comply with standards imposed by spanish law.

Apart from that, everything that should be written and commented about the accident has been already written in my previous responses and as a representant of the hotel I have decided not to comment on this subject anymore.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok area is great. Hotel is clean and tidy with good food among best I have had all inclusive Bar staff friendly.
Special mention to the entertainment team wonderful with all the kids work very hard.
Rooms are clean and tidy and comfortable.
Having previously stayed in the Broncemar we returned for a week on 1st of May weather was great and the hotel was great no problems.
Howeveris was changed on Wednesday when a young child had a very serious accident at the pool bar area where she walked into a glass window next to the door.
The window smashed and came down in large shards of glass which could have killed the young girl to be honest.
Surely all glass in windows where kids are present should be safety glass.
The hotel staff offered little or no help once the accident happened people were requesting an ambulance and not until Thomas cook entertainer went to reception was an ambulance called.
The so called lifeguard was trying to put iodine onto the large serious wound.
Clearly safety has not been a priority for this hotel in the past.
No apparent first Aider on site at the time of the incident the guests took control of the situation.
The hotel manager did nothing and I believe even informed the poor girls dad he would have to pay for the glass and for extra nights stay.
The family should make an example of this hotel to ensure this never happens again next time someone could be killed.
At the end of the day it is the hotels fault this incident happened and did nothing to help.
The next day all of the windows had the orange stickers on them however with all respect orange stickers are not going to stop this happening again and we have pictures which clearly show the previous day no orange stickers on the windows.
The hotel manager wants to come on here and say sorry in public and he is going to replace all the windows in resort YES Manager this will cost a lot of money but don't you owe this to your customers and also you cant put a price on a life next time it may be worse.

Room Tip: one with double glazing
5  Thank gbur123
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

I am glad that you appreciated our all inclusive program and you rate high all the staff, especially the entertainers.

I am fairly sure that all that needed to be said about the accident has been already written in my previous answers. I would like to underline that, according to the information given by reception during check in, no minor can be left unaccompanied at any time, especially children of 4 and 10 years old.

Since the hotel's inauguration (year 2001) has never occured any accident of this type and nobody crashed with a glass surface. Keeping in mind possible differences between Spain and other countries.

I hope my explanation will help you to understand our point of view and you will decide to come back to Broncemar Beach once again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had a 10 day stay at this hotel, good value for money, rooms were spacious and clean. We did a self catering so cannot really comment on food.
On our last day our daughter had a terrible accident. She walked into a glass window, a window that wasn't clearly marked, she literally just head butted it and the whole thing came crashing down around her leaving her needing emergency surgery on her legs to which she now needs 6 months physio to beable to walk again as glass cut through her muscles and nerves!! It was a terrible freak accident, she wasn't running like some people say, we have enough witnesses we have seen the CCTV she just turned around from looking behind her and walked into it. I thought my baby was going to die, there was no first aider on site, the staff were more concerned about the door then my what I thought was a dying child. Every parents worst nightmare. There were no stickers low enough for a child to see until the window was fixed and now big orange stickers are all over the windows. But this doesn't matter, the glass is so flimsy you only need to slip and could come down on you!!! I would never go back and would advise all parents with children to be very very careful, there are so many windows and doors by the pool area. Thankfully my baby is alive but would hate to think of this happening again, the next person may not be so lucky!!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Glitterbug1980

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to write another review.

As I have written few answers before, I commiserate with you about the accident that happened during your stay.

I would like to ensure you that all my employees were worried about your daughter, not about any material damage. The most important rules of first aid are securing the accident site, calling an ambulance with all required data, following the instructions of 112 emergency line operator and not harming the victim. When our lifeguard tried to help your daughter, some guests did not permit him to fulfil his duties, one of them saying that he was a doctor and taking over the action, as professionals always have a right to act first.

I have already described the procedure of calling an ambulance in Canary Islands and our regular and detailed safety checks conducted by Thomas Cook and canarian authorities.

Although all hotel ammenities are in accordance with spanish regulations, I understand that foreign customers can be accustomed to higher level of security. This is why we decided to introduce some improvements. . We did it because we want to increase safety level so it can resemble the english one, thereby being higher than required by spanish law.

All of us are concerned about Layla's health, therefore I would like to wish her a quick recovery. In case you have any doubts, I will be at your disposal at any time.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean, spacious apartment with the best set of facilities I have seen in an apartment for years, great 2 ring hob, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, loads of pots, pans etc. Spent 1 week B&B here and loved it, although we spent our days on the beach, the room 363 was large and quiet in a great position for getting a buggy around and the staff were very friendly. Would go back. Only downside you have to pay for the TV in the room, but I didn't go away to watch telly!

Room Tip: don't stay too near to the pools if you want a quiet night.
2  Thank Janine W
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review and for choosing Broncemar Beach for your holiday stay.

I am glad to read that you found our apartments well equiped for bed&breakfast stay. We try to make our guests feel like at home by giving them a possibility to prepare their own meals in the apartments and we are happy that you used this oportunity.

As you probably noticed there are some children's facilities (like miniclub and children's playground in the hotel), but I guess you have chosen the beach because it is only a short walking distance.

I have already passed your compliments to all our staff members to motivate them to work even better than now.

If you decide to come back to Broncemar Beach anyday, you can contact us directly by e-mail in case of any doubts or request - we will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,