“Long weekend May bank holiday break”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really good value for money, the food was good and our room was huge and cleaned daily. We were AI and we will most certainly return. Daily entertainment was good for the children and the Hotel is in a great location. 2 lovely pools and plenty of sunbeds.

Room Tip: Book a 2 bedded family room they really are huge.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Carole H
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear badbugs17,

thank you for your short but valuable review.

I am proud of Broncemar Beach team that we managed to make your holiday special and we came up to your expectations in every aspect. We hope that your next stay will be at least as good as this one.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,550)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My boyfriend and I have just got back from a week at this hotel. Overall we were pleased with our bargain of a holiday. A bit of tweaking and i would be happy to go back.

Rooms- a bit tired but loved. Very clean. Well equipped kitchen for a self catering stay. Comfy beds. The shutters on the bedroom were fantastic as it was very warm and we felt secure and cooler.
* I would suggest bringing a fan with you and things like tea towels and soap for the bathroom.

Food- Great food, however both my bf and I are not fussy eaters and we liked the food on offer. The normal chip brigade moaned but for us it was enjoyable and well cooked.

* if you are staying self- catering there are supermarkets and a shop on site for you to buy food cheaply and for all the family. A supermarket is close by (3 mins on foot) for all your needs. Even baby food and formula is available.

Pool- nice pools with entertainment through out the day. We had a lovely stay and thought the gardens and public areas were well kept. Yes, there are peeling paint in places but hotel staff were in the process of repainting areas as of June 2014. In general it was. Nice way to spend a week, a little tweaks around the pool would be beneficial- new parasols are a must.
* bring your own beach towels as they aren't provided by the hotel.

The Thomas Cook entertainment team were fab, great to watch for all ages. We stuck about in the evenings which is a first for us as they were nice and welcoming. A real asset to the hotel.
If you're booking here, don't worry, I am a seasoned traveller both with business and for pleasure and this is a great base for any holiday, and once all the little tweaks are fixed I'm sure will be one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe away from the pool as this may be a bit too noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank redlaura4185

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Broncemar Beach experience so much that you are willing to come back.

As I have already written in previous responses, we are constantly refurbishing our complex, as we know that modern facilities are quite important. We all hope that you will notice changes when you visit us again.

We believe that food is one of the essential factors while choosing your holiday, therefore we try to cater for needs of everyone, providing wide choice of dishes from all over the world. I am glad that you noticed our efforts.

You also described few things that need to be changed, for example parasols. I want to assure you that we value all comments, even the negative ones, as every kind of feedback helps us improve and adjust our services to the level expected by customers.

Should you have any questions or queries before your next stay, we will be of assistance.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from the broncemar beach. The hotel is clean and tidy. The hotel staff are very helpful and efficient. There was always some entertainment throughout the day and evening. Bar service was good and it was help yourself to soft drinks and coffee and tea. Pool bar was self service it had burgers, chips, hotdogs, salad, bread, cheese and ham so you can make your own toasties. The restaurant food was ok with salad everyday, hot food was very repetitive, pasta and sauce everyday, beef ternera nearly everyday at both sittings. Puddings were traditional cakes and mouses fresh fruit etc. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, eggs cooked on request, also fresh fruits cereals salads were all on offer. The rooms were clean although a little tired. The beds were comfortable and the maid service almost daily. The bathroom was in need of the most attention. It needed re-grouting, there was no extraction. The room smelt of cabbage when the sink was run or the shower, although we didn't make a complaint as we went out a lot. The hotel is 5 minutes from the shops and 10 minutes from the beach. The bus stop is only 2 minutes from the hotel. It looks like a butlins tent roof. We ate out a couple of times because the food was so repetitive. We went to the Italian restaurant next to the broncemar and we were very impressed with the service and quality of the food. The steaks are great and the garlic prawns were excellent. All in all the broncemar has everything it just needs a few tweaks to make it a hotel I would return to.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Geoff R
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Geoff,

thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate all kind of words that help us to improve or maintain level of service offered by us. I have to admit that your opinion about food repetitiveness surprises me, as every dinner we have different thematic meals. I will check this issue with our chef and we will consider introducing any necessary changes.

I am especially proud of my employees who worked hard to make your stay unforgettable. It is a shame that you did not inform us about problem with bad smell in the sewers, as we always have a maintanance man on duty and I am sure that they can repair smaller problems in few minutes, bigger in an hour, impossible ones in a day ;-)

As your overall impression seems to be quite positive, I hope you will visit us again soon. If you need anything during your stay, I will be happy to help you.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just returned from another holiday at the Broncemar Beach and we were saddened to learn from the Reception staff that the Thomas cook Entertainment team will not be there for the Winter 2014/15 season, I hope they have a change of heart as we were just about to book another Holiday to the Broncemar in December but now we are looking at alternatives due to the fact that the Thomas Cook Entertainment team will no longer be there. I would Urge all Broncemar Regulars to write to the Broncemar on recepcion@broncemar-beach.com detailing your disapointment at the hotel removing the entertainment team. I get the feeling that they are trying to aim their sales at the Lucrative Scandinavian Market in the winter and im sure to them the grass looks greener on the other side!! KEEP THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM OR YOU WILL Thanks All

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mattjonesitfc

Dear Customer,

first of all I would like to thank you for your short but important feedback. I feel obliged to inform that you should contact directly Thomas Cook about any issues connected with their eintertainment team.

During winter 2014/15 we will provide entertainment programme during the day and in the evenings, but it will be organised by us, not by any external company. As in winter seasons our guests come from many different countries, we want to have more international offer, also in the entertainment area.

I hope that ¡my explanation is clear and you will decide to visit us again, participating in international activities.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We travelled with friends. Our 3rd visit and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
The rooms we had were large and spacious and were clean. The food was ok, sometimes very good sometimes just average. The complex itself is good, the entertainment team, especially Laura made our stay more enjoyable. They have the samey things going on through the day, quiz,sports,bingo etc, night being the same.
If there is a downside, it's not the complex it's the resort. Although things are getting better, there isn't enough going on in the resort.
The good reviews are very true, the bad! Well just ignore them.
Go, enjoy, and be happy. Oh, and say hello to the team from me and deggsy.

Whilst there you must visit Fado Rock, if you like lamb ask for the leg, you won't be disappointed, guaranteed.

But it will be Corralejo for us next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank tragus43

Dear Guest,

Above all I would like to thank you for choosing Broncemar Beach for your holiday. I am pleased to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in every aspect - rooms, food, entertainment. This kind of review shows us that our efforts in making guests' holidays unique are paying off, creating unforgettable memories for customers and giving us satisfaction at the same time.

I am a little bit concerned that you were dissapointed with the resort, as Caleta de Fuste is a quiet and peaceful place with two safe beaches and a lot of restaurants. Although you wrote that you would choose Corralejo for your next Fuerteventura holiday, I hope to see you again at Broncemar Beach.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed there for two weeks and had no problems at all
We were self catering and there was everything you could need for this type of holiday this hotel is so close to the centre which was great for going out to eat at night
The transfer from the airport is only about 10 mins which is great as you are not stuck in a bus for ages in the heat
We did not spend much time on the site but that us why you go in holiday to see the surrounding areas
The hotel us we'll situated near the main road and very central to the island

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mary F

Dear Mary F.,

thank you for your kind review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, not experiencing any kind of problems and enjoying various restaurants in the resort. If you visit us once again, please remember that in certain periods Broncemar Beach guests can get a discount in Gambrinus restaurant - spanish food with a subtle international touch. Also, following other guests choice, you can go All Inclusive - it allows to eat and drink in the hotel throughout the day at no additional cost.

As you wrote, our hotel is in the central part of Fuerteventura, making it a perfect base for sightseeing - less than one hour drive from Corralejo Dunes in the north and not much longer to the sandy beaches of Jandia, the same distance to the rocky west coast. All customers that want to rent a car or book any kind of excursions can ask our reception staff for help.

I hope you will visit us soon, repeating your positive Broncemar Beach experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We arrived back yesterday from 11 nights all inclusive at the broncemar beach. I stayed with my husband and 2 children and we all had a great holiday- this is an average 3 star hotel if you go with that in mind you will not be disappointed.

Pros

Good food ( especially in restaurant) pool bar food ok also.
Self serve soft drinks.
10 mins from airport (approx 10 euros in taxi)
5/10 minute walk to a clean large beach.
Caleta de fuste is a lovely, quiet, safe family friendly resort with lots of play areas etc scattered around.

Hotel staff friendly. We reported a problem in room and someone was over to fix it within 5 minutes.

Cons

If you want a first floor room it will cost an additional €10 per night and these only sleep 3. ( the lady on reception was very helpful when we asked to change to a first floor room though and it was worth paying the extra as the ground floor were not very private and upstairs has 2 balconies one very large.

The toilets near pool/ entertainment were often unpleasant- blocked or cistern lids missing etc. The floor was also extermly slippy due to people going in wet ( the hotel do have signs up not to) but I ended up falling whilst carrying my 2 year old so be careful

There was some maintenance work going on with the pool tiles ( obviously can't be avoided) but on out last day the pool/ sun bed area was scattered with pieces of varnish/ whatever had been scraped off the tiles not exactly pleasant.

Rooms and certain areas of hotel are quite tired looking, didn't bother us as we spent very little time in the room.

The karaoke man in tavern came across as arrogant which was a shame as all the other staff we came across were very pleasant.

Finally the Thomas Cook entertainment team ( Rachel, Laura, Steph and Darren) are a real credit to the hotel with the effort they put in to ensuring guest have a great holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Nikkim23

Dear Nikkim23,

thank you for your detailed review. I am grateful for "pros and cons" balance done by you. It allows us to consider introducing various changes according to your hints.

I am glad to inform you that we have already started to refurbish the hotel, so some of the rooms will not "look quite tired" as you described it. As Canary Islands is a whole-year destination, we cannot close the hotel to proceed the pool renovation, but we always try to make it as fast as possible, not affecting the customers' stay. Also, to be honest, you are the first person who ever complained about Alberto, our karaoke DJ - I can assure you that I will double-check matter of his attitude towards the customers.

As you think it is worth paying the price difference to enjoy canarian weather on private balcony, you can always book this type of room directly through your travel agency instead of paying the suplement at the reception - normally they are described as "private balcony" or "first floor" apartments.

As per positive things, I am proud of my team that we made your stay enjoyable, solving any room problems in few minutes only,serving tasty food and drinks, providing high entertainment level. I hope that you will decide to visit us again soon to repeat your Broncemar Beach experience.