“Great place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back from a weeks stay with 4 Friends.
Had emailed to ask for rooms next door to each other which we got!
Rooms were fine quite big- On the ground floor but our balcony was raised a bit so gave a bit more privacy! (rooms 303/304)
One thing to be aware of is that there can be cockroaches- but if you ring someone will come round/give to spray to kill them- even 4 girls put up with them!
Would be better if more of the staff had some basic English as sometimes we had no idea what they were saying and visa versa!
Entertainment was good-very family friendly.
Cocktails where hit and miss and took bar staff a long time to make- some were better than others!
Pool was cold- but you get use to it!
Pieros down the road is a must visit!
-No AC but it was fine in June
-Safe 15 Euro per week

Hoping to come back here again over the summer!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your kind words with us. It was a pleasure to fulfil your room request, accomodating you next to each other.

As for the english knowledge, all our employees that have direct contact with customers (reception and waiters) need to speak few languages on at least elementary level. I am concerned that you did not understand some of them (and vice versa) and I hope it was more problem of different accents than any other thing. I would like to apologise you for any inconvenience caused by this matter. I will also double check number of bartenders working in pick hours, so the waiting time will not affect quality of the holiday.

I am glad that you managed to enjoy your stay so much that you want to come back during summer. Please remember that we have only few apartments left for next two months so I recommend you not to wait until the last moment with the booking. If you have any room requests before your arrival, we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (928)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

stayed in the hotel broncemar from 7 - 18 june 2014 all inclusive (room284) and what can i say hotel was lovely- clean- maid service almost daily parts of the hotel were a bit tired but there was always a maintence man painting or fixing something room was lovley clean comfortable beds comfy but what struck me most was how hard the staff worked ! unbelievable how hard these people work! deffo 6 days a week but easily 14 hour days!
food was fine breakfast was easily best meal of the day freshly cooked eggs omlettes cereal fruit pastries as well as full english whatever u want .
drinks from 11 am onwards breakfast served from 8 till 10am
buffet snacks from 11am - 5pm ( hot dogs , burgers , chips salad cheese and ham for toasties etc)
lunch 1 - 2.30 (restaurant)
dinner served from 6ish till 9 ish
entertainment was ok karaoke was a bit too much for the 6 days but we still enjoyed it though would have thought maybe a disco or something on a couple of the days to give it a bit of variety
beach location was superb literally walk down the road and through shops and beach is there !

Also fado rock restaurant is a MUST a bit over priced but really worth every penny the portions are HUGE my bf had the t bone and i swear it was from a tyrannosauraus rex it was that big!

i had a fillet steak and this too was massive not to mention cooked to perfection!

all in all a superb holiday in general deffo going back and cannot fault any part of the holiday!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing Broncemar Beach experience with us and all TripAdvisor users.

It is a pleasure to read that you appreciate our hard work. Indeed, we work hard, but we do it as it gives us satisfaction. As a group of professionals we want our efforts to be noticed and give effects. I assure you that there is nothing better after long day to see review like yours - it gives us new energy to continue working, creating unique moments for our guests.

I will take into consideration your karaoke suggestion, although there are some customers (also coming from different hotels) that visit us every night only because of this activity.

Next time when you visit us, please try Gambrinus Restaurant - they have typical spanish cusine, wide choice of meats and seafood.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel manager
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Really good value for money, the food was good and our room was huge and cleaned daily. We were AI and we will most certainly return. Daily entertainment was good for the children and the Hotel is in a great location. 2 lovely pools and plenty of sunbeds.

Room Tip: Book a 2 bedded family room they really are huge.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear badbugs17,

thank you for your short but valuable review.

I am proud of Broncemar Beach team that we managed to make your holiday special and we came up to your expectations in every aspect. We hope that your next stay will be at least as good as this one.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

barceona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My boyfriend and I have just got back from a week at this hotel. Overall we were pleased with our bargain of a holiday. A bit of tweaking and i would be happy to go back.

Rooms- a bit tired but loved. Very clean. Well equipped kitchen for a self catering stay. Comfy beds. The shutters on the bedroom were fantastic as it was very warm and we felt secure and cooler.
* I would suggest bringing a fan with you and things like tea towels and soap for the bathroom.

Food- Great food, however both my bf and I are not fussy eaters and we liked the food on offer. The normal chip brigade moaned but for us it was enjoyable and well cooked.

* if you are staying self- catering there are supermarkets and a shop on site for you to buy food cheaply and for all the family. A supermarket is close by (3 mins on foot) for all your needs. Even baby food and formula is available.

Pool- nice pools with entertainment through out the day. We had a lovely stay and thought the gardens and public areas were well kept. Yes, there are peeling paint in places but hotel staff were in the process of repainting areas as of June 2014. In general it was. Nice way to spend a week, a little tweaks around the pool would be beneficial- new parasols are a must.
* bring your own beach towels as they aren't provided by the hotel.

The Thomas Cook entertainment team were fab, great to watch for all ages. We stuck about in the evenings which is a first for us as they were nice and welcoming. A real asset to the hotel.
If you're booking here, don't worry, I am a seasoned traveller both with business and for pleasure and this is a great base for any holiday, and once all the little tweaks are fixed I'm sure will be one of the best in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe away from the pool as this may be a bit too noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Broncemar Beach experience so much that you are willing to come back.

As I have already written in previous responses, we are constantly refurbishing our complex, as we know that modern facilities are quite important. We all hope that you will notice changes when you visit us again.

We believe that food is one of the essential factors while choosing your holiday, therefore we try to cater for needs of everyone, providing wide choice of dishes from all over the world. I am glad that you noticed our efforts.

You also described few things that need to be changed, for example parasols. I want to assure you that we value all comments, even the negative ones, as every kind of feedback helps us improve and adjust our services to the level expected by customers.

Should you have any questions or queries before your next stay, we will be of assistance.

Regards,
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from the broncemar beach. The hotel is clean and tidy. The hotel staff are very helpful and efficient. There was always some entertainment throughout the day and evening. Bar service was good and it was help yourself to soft drinks and coffee and tea. Pool bar was self service it had burgers, chips, hotdogs, salad, bread, cheese and ham so you can make your own toasties. The restaurant food was ok with salad everyday, hot food was very repetitive, pasta and sauce everyday, beef ternera nearly everyday at both sittings. Puddings were traditional cakes and mouses fresh fruit etc. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, eggs cooked on request, also fresh fruits cereals salads were all on offer. The rooms were clean although a little tired. The beds were comfortable and the maid service almost daily. The bathroom was in need of the most attention. It needed re-grouting, there was no extraction. The room smelt of cabbage when the sink was run or the shower, although we didn't make a complaint as we went out a lot. The hotel is 5 minutes from the shops and 10 minutes from the beach. The bus stop is only 2 minutes from the hotel. It looks like a butlins tent roof. We ate out a couple of times because the food was so repetitive. We went to the Italian restaurant next to the broncemar and we were very impressed with the service and quality of the food. The steaks are great and the garlic prawns were excellent. All in all the broncemar has everything it just needs a few tweaks to make it a hotel I would return to.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Geoff,

thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate all kind of words that help us to improve or maintain level of service offered by us. I have to admit that your opinion about food repetitiveness surprises me, as every dinner we have different thematic meals. I will check this issue with our chef and we will consider introducing any necessary changes.

I am especially proud of my employees who worked hard to make your stay unforgettable. It is a shame that you did not inform us about problem with bad smell in the sewers, as we always have a maintanance man on duty and I am sure that they can repair smaller problems in few minutes, bigger in an hour, impossible ones in a day ;-)

As your overall impression seems to be quite positive, I hope you will visit us again soon. If you need anything during your stay, I will be happy to help you.

Yours faithfully,
Newcastle
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just returned from another holiday at the Broncemar Beach and we were saddened to learn from the Reception staff that the Thomas cook Entertainment team will not be there for the Winter 2014/15 season, I hope they have a change of heart as we were just about to book another Holiday to the Broncemar in December but now we are looking at alternatives due to the fact that the Thomas Cook Entertainment team will no longer be there. I would Urge all Broncemar Regulars to write to the Broncemar on recepcion@broncemar-beach.com detailing your disapointment at the hotel removing the entertainment team. I get the feeling that they are trying to aim their sales at the Lucrative Scandinavian Market in the winter and im sure to them the grass looks greener on the other side!! KEEP THE ENTERTAINMENT TEAM OR YOU WILL Thanks All

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Customer,

first of all I would like to thank you for your short but important feedback. I feel obliged to inform that you should contact directly Thomas Cook about any issues connected with their eintertainment team.

During winter 2014/15 we will provide entertainment programme during the day and in the evenings, but it will be organised by us, not by any external company. As in winter seasons our guests come from many different countries, we want to have more international offer, also in the entertainment area.

I hope that ¡my explanation is clear and you will decide to visit us again, participating in international activities.

leeds
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We travelled with friends. Our 3rd visit and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
The rooms we had were large and spacious and were clean. The food was ok, sometimes very good sometimes just average. The complex itself is good, the entertainment team, especially Laura made our stay more enjoyable. They have the samey things going on through the day, quiz,sports,bingo etc, night being the same.
If there is a downside, it's not the complex it's the resort. Although things are getting better, there isn't enough going on in the resort.
The good reviews are very true, the bad! Well just ignore them.
Go, enjoy, and be happy. Oh, and say hello to the team from me and deggsy.

Whilst there you must visit Fado Rock, if you like lamb ask for the leg, you won't be disappointed, guaranteed.

But it will be Corralejo for us next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Above all I would like to thank you for choosing Broncemar Beach for your holiday. I am pleased to learn that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in every aspect - rooms, food, entertainment. This kind of review shows us that our efforts in making guests' holidays unique are paying off, creating unforgettable memories for customers and giving us satisfaction at the same time.

I am a little bit concerned that you were dissapointed with the resort, as Caleta de Fuste is a quiet and peaceful place with two safe beaches and a lot of restaurants. Although you wrote that you would choose Corralejo for your next Fuerteventura holiday, I hope to see you again at Broncemar Beach.