“Great trip!”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for 10 nights at the start of July with my husband and two children (11 and 8). Having read some reviews before going I was a little anxious but I was pleasantly surprised. All of the staff were very friendly and extremely hard working. The apartment was spacious and comfortable and we didn't really bother about the lack of air con. We were all inclusive and found the food to be great. There was plenty of choice and it was replenished promptly. My kids loved the themed nights in the evening buffet. The drinks were good too and was easy to make sure no one got dehydrated. I would recomend this hotel for families as the pools are good for kids and the evening entertainment is just up their street.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Heather B
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Heather,

we are really grateful that you decided to share your Broncemar Beach experience with us. It is important to know if our customers enjoy their time spent at the hotel and what can be improved, especially in case of guests who were anxious before the arrival.

I am especially proud of my hard working team that is trying to make everyone's stay special and creats unique memories. Also, as you stayed on All Inclusive basis, we appreciate your positive impression about the programme. We believe that serving good food is essential while running a hotel, as even the best ammenities can be ruined by not-so-good menu.

Summing-up, we all hope that you decide one day to visit us again, giving us a chance to make your holiday at least as good as this time.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,472)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a week 16-23rd of July, 2 adults and 2 13 year olds, Lovely hotel, food was good with plenty to choose from, the only disappointing thing was getting a sun beds round the pool, I went to put some towels down the 1st morning and by 7am there was not 1 sun bed free, there was a couple of nights where myself and my partner were sat on the balcony having a few drinks and actually watched people taking their towels down at 1am which is pretty ridiculous so I am using this post as a bit of a confession because ...................on our last night which was the 22nd we were a little bit drunk and so decided to have a bit of a laugh with our 2 teenagers, it was us that threw all the towels in the pool at 2am, we just hope that all of the new guests that went down to the pool area on the Wednesday morning stood half a chance of getting a sun bed. Apart from that suburb hotel :) Oh and don't pay transfers with your holiday provider, it costs 12euros in a cab

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerry B

Dear Kerry,

thank you for leaving your kind review. It is a pleasure to know that we managed to make your holiday special for the second time.

As you noticed, usually many sunbeds are "reserved" by towels. According to the official hotel policy, reserving a sunbed is forbidden but many customers still do it. We have already tried all possible solutions - from connecting sunbeds for the night-time to taking all the towels left there before 9 a.m. - and towel removal proceeded on demand seems to be the most efficient one. We also do not approve that anyone throws belonging to the pool, but at least you had some fun on your last night.

We all hope to see you again soon - in the winter season Broncemar Beach - and Fuerteventura - are a lovely place to visit for a short brake.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I have just got back from a ten night stay at the Broncemar Beach hotel. I'd read some of the good and bad reviews before we came away, and since I got back and here's my honest opinion. We had an upstairs apartment (324) which was set well back in the complex, next to the tennis court. Noise was not an issue here. The room was clean, maybe a little in need of a spruce up, but nothing I'd complain about - it was fine as a base with adequate facilities. I've read cockroaches can visit, but we only had one which was dead anyway. In a hot place like this, I'd expect to see cockroaches, and anyone complaining otherwise needs to remember where they are I think. Only disappointment here was that although we were all inclusive, TV was pay as you go, and WiFi was seperate (much to my daughter's chagrin). A double bed in the bedroom rather than two singles would have been nice, but I also appreciate how rooms tend to be set out. Again, not a complaint, just a thought. The maids cleaned regularly, and left the beds very nicely made, placing my youngest's teddy on top for instance.
The pool area was where we spent much of our days. Yes, it is slippery around the tiled floors - but there are warnings up everywhere for this. My daughter slipped going to the pool, but this is not a hotel fault, it's simply people spreading water everywhere going between the pool and bar. If guests just waited and dried their feet, I'm sure slipping would be much less an issue here. In fact, I'd say that more problems are caused by the thoughtlessness of guests rather than negligence of the hotel. Sunbeds are a joke. In 10 days, we managed to get sunbeds twice. Again, it's selfishness of the guests - I find it quite sad that people were going to the pool at 11pm at night to lay towels down for the next day. The staff work incredibly hard, and at times I was embarrassed because of the way guests speak to them - maybe I should say bark at them. They do their best and seem stressed at times, especially when people are being rude to them. We were polite all the time, and were treated in kind - please and thankyou go a long way! The food buffet was excellent. The effort to care for all tastes was evident at all times, the kitchen staff really seemed to care about what they put out. Their displays for themed dinners were really well done. The choice was superb - I have two fussy eaters, and they never struggled to find something. I didn't expect such good food, and I think I have put on about a stone through good eating this holiday. A real highlight of our holiday.
Drinks were fine, I know people have complained about plastic cups, but then they'd complain if they were glass I'm sure. Really not an issue. At night in the Tavern, glasses were on hand anyway (and I saw a fair share of breakages which justifies the plastic cups in the day).
The amusement area is a little tired looking, the pool tables are very worn - but it's not surprising as it seems more of a crèche than anything else, with unsupervised children abusing the tables all day long. I felt sorry for the poor evening attendant as he had no control over the riotous kids. Maybe some stronger rules here would benefit.
The entertainment was fine - the entertainment people did a fine job of trying to make things lively, without ever dragging anyone in unwillingly. Again, I felt for them occasionally, with people old enough to know better throwing them in the pool for instance. Kind of embarrassing again, and you could almost see the entertainers biting their tongue at times. So full marks to them for being professional.
At night, we spent time in the Tavern most nights, the karaoke there is great fun (again, if you can stop unattended kids repeatedly going up to sing songs from 'Frozen'...)
In fact, if the manager reads this review, be sure to tell Alberto that Dan said Hi!
Summing up, I enjoyed my stay here, and I would return. The eye opener for me was not the hotel, but more the people staying there. I'm not a grump, but I do respect I am in someone else's country, and in my observation, guests getting ratty because the barman maybe doesn't understand you properly the first time, or because the bacon is 'different to home', well maybe you'd be better off in Wales for a week.
At the end of the day, we were sad to leave and go home, it was a beautiful area and the hotel is brilliantly placed. The staff were courteous because we were also, and worked tirelessly. You could do a lot worse than stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank RetroDan16
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear RetroDan,

thank you for your kind and detailed feedback.

It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful time at Broncemar Beach. It is our goal to make holiday of our customers enjoyable and unique and it gives us satisfaction to know that we succeed in our mission.

I would like to inform you that we are constantly refurbishing our premises, adjusting it to guests' expectations. In the whole hotel you can find posters with our policy about sunloungers. It is forbidden to reserve them and if you come in the morning and there are no sunbeds, lifeguard will remove towels that have no owners.

We believe that eating good means living good, this is the reason why we try to cater for tastes of everyone. I can just say that we are glad that you found our all inclusive programme satisfactory enough to gain a pound during your stay

Also I would like you to know that I am delighted to read that you are willing to visit us again. We all hope you will repeat your Broncemar Beach experience soon.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After reading all the reviews and recommendations from friends, we thought we were going to have a lovely stay at Broncemar hotel, how wrong was I? There were cockroaches in our room, on our clothes in the toiletry bag and inundated with baby ones in the bathroom and on the worktops in the kichen. The food was poor, food trays were empty and long waits for them to be filled up and same goes for for cutlery tray. If you want a sunbed you need be down there before 7am SERIOUSLY! People were putting their towels down when they came in from their night out. I don't usually write reviews but I felt a need to after our awful stay. We are easily pleased normally.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Janec580423

Dear Guests,

thank you for leaving your review, altough your overall impression of Broncemar Beach is negative. It is important for us to get all types of feedback, not only positive words.

We always try to solve problems mentioned by you while the customers are here - it is enough if they come to the reception or directly to me. I am sure that you did that during your stay and therefore I would like to apologise you sincerely for any inconvenience experienced by you.

I will be glad if you decide to contact us directly, passing your remarks.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Broncemar beach is very good location close to main shopping area with everything you need 10 mins to beach, across from market and bus stop. Defiantly recommend the upper floor apartment they was great plenty of space with large balcony with sunbeds great for relaxing as it was very busy around the pool with it been July. The bar with karaoke on a night was very good cocktails and choices off spirits my husband wasn't impress with there beer so stay on the spirits. The restaurant was always busy great choice for all inclusive very nice selection always something nice to eat. The only downfall to the restaurant was a shortage of cutlery it was hunt for spoons or forks everyday. The only thing I didn't like was the price you payed for wifi 30 euros for one week and half the time we couldn't get connection which is a con. We'll recommend this hotel plenty to do for people with a young family. Trip to corralejo lovely beaches great for day trip, got there buses around very easy number 3 then number 6 to corralejo. Also got the number 3 to large shopping centre just past the airport.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank shellshauna
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure for all of us to read that somebody enjoyed their stay at Broncemar Beach, even despite some cons that occurred during your holiday, like internet connection. We always advice to contact us in case of any connection problems and, in case we cannot resolve it, our guests can get a refund.

If you decide to visit us again, please remember that upstairs rooms with private balconies have supplement of 10€/day or can be booked directly at your travel agency. In case a standard room is booked and "high floor" is only a request, we can never guarantee that it is possible this kind of apartment.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Considering we paid under £1500 for 3 adults and 1 child. Our 15 yr old was classed as an adult. It was pretty decent although not quite what i'm used to.
15 yr old was a bit bored but looked forward to football every day at 3pm. Our 4 yr old girl had the best holiday ever ( her 1st abroad )
She made loads of friends and loved the pools. The weather was brilliant as was the beach which was a 5 min walk past some of the shops. Thomas Cook reps were great even though we booked with a different company.
Food was repetitive and drinks were boring and I wasn't willing to pay for the cocktails when i was all inclusive and they were cheaper in town. Management need to rethink their policies. Rooms were a bit tired but we only slept here. But overall we had a good holiday because our daughter did so we were able to relax.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Phily68
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Phily,

thank you for sharing your opinion with us. It is important that we receive feedback from our guests, even if it is not only positive. Using the hints and comment left by guests we can improve our services, meeting expectations of all future holiday makers.

I am pleased to learn that your younger child enjoyed her first holiday abroad, but your opinion about the All Inclusive drinks surprises me, as we did not receive any complains about the programme while you were here. Of course your remarks will be taken into consideration and hopefully you decide to visit us again to observe all introduced changes.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our family (2 adults 3 children aged 10, 8 and 4) stayed at the broncemar for a week in July. I'd read the mixed reviews and pre booked an apartment upstairs (no144) and was pleased to find a clean, quiet and well stocked kitchen with all the useful pots and pans plus a lovely fridge! This came in useful as we used the hyperdino supermarket 5 mins away for cheap beer, soft drinks and water all at much better prices than the on site supermarket.
The pools were clean and never seemed too full, maybe as the nearby beaches were lovely? Sun beds seemed to be reserved from 5am onwards though.
Breakfast was lovely if you like full English and donuts? I craved plain weetabix and bran flakes by day 3! We always found the choice and variety ok for tea, we were half board which with the all you can eat breakfast and decent tea seemed enough for us.
The hotel was a great base for us and we did the Atlantic adventure which was very good value, we did the Baku water park which seemed smaller than others we had previously used, but we still had a great day there. The other trip we did was to the oasis animal park which the kids loved, camel safari, parrot show, reptile show, sea lions and animal feeding. It was a long day though as the bus collected at 9 then returned at 6.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, people of all ages seemed to love it. All staff were happy and helpful, entertainment was not too bad either.

Room Tip: Room 144 had 2 balconies and the larger one at the front was a sun trap from 4 till 9 every evening...