“Great holiday!”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 30 July 2014

myself and 2 others stayed here from the 13th july to the 23rd. firstly on arrival the lady on reception was more than helpful, although finding the rooms can be a little challenging at first but once you gain your bearings its fine! and we found nearly all staff to be pleasant and as helpful as they could.
food couldn't be faulted, there was always a wide selection of various dishes and of course chips every lunch and dinner for even the fussiest of eaters. Every dinner time there was a country theme and the food would correspond with that country, aside from that there was a roast joint (usually pork) with gravy every night which was nice.
drinks wise there was a great selection of drink compared with some of the hotels we've stayed at, and the tavern bar was very nice and made a change from the poolside, also the barman of the tavern is extremely efficient!
In anticipation of our holiday we had heard mixed reviews about balconies and the privacy which they gave,but we found this not to a problem of any kind, in fact it was quite a good way to socialise with the neighbors! rooms were more than adequate and provided all that we needed, not that it cause us any worry there are a few cockroaches about.
the beach is few minutes away bit does have a rather rocky patch going into the sea, id recomend a ten minute walk along the front where the beach area is 10x better! we ate out only once and chose fado rock after hearing good reviews, would highly recommend!
only moan is that at the time we stayed there were a lot of raucous childre! Not one if you're looking for a quiet relaxing holiday, but then what can you expect as it is the school holidays!
all in all we thoroughly enjoyed our selfs!

1  Thank ashleigh s
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with us, especially so positive ones.

I feel reponsable for the each department of the hotel - reception, bars&restaurant, housekeeping etc -therefore I am glad to read that, according to your experience, all my employees work hard and efficient. It always give us satisfaction to know that we do our job correctly, making holiday of our guests amazing. I am also fully aware that we need to improve some areas, this is why we refurbish the complex.

It would be an honour if you decide visit Broncemar Beach again. Please bear in mind that we are at your disposal at any time.

José Luis Suarez

Write a ReviewReviews (3,554)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in July 2014 for 2 weeks All Inclusive. This was our third trip to the Broncemar and again we were not disappointed. Food good and plentiful, staff in bars, reception etc all very pleasant and another great Thomas Cook Entertainment Team.The rooms are big and clean and the little improvements like the balcony dividers are a great bonus. We will be back.

1  Thank AodhO
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Repeating Customer,

it is a pleasure for all of us to learn that you enjoyed your third stay at Broncemar Beach. It is motivating to know that our guests want to spend their holiday year by year at our hotel.

Please let us know in advance if you need anything special during your next stay - we will be delighted to help you.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say: dirty rooms, dirty hotel in general, nothing is cleaned properly including cutlery and plates. Towels and bedding is only changed three times a week so expect to re-use towels a few times. Staff are not very polite at times especially in the bar area. The food was what you would expect from an all inclusive hotel as was the drinks. Fuerteventura itself was stunning, we rented a car which is a must @ 87 euros for three days from a small rental company just down from the hotel, the beaches in Morro del jable where absolutely stunning as was the weather. It is a nightmare trying to get sun beds around the pool so expect to get up early to secure a couple of these. It is a hotel for families so expect a lot of noise from kids, we have a child so this wasn't an issue for us but if you don't it's certainly somthing to consider. Wifi is at extra cost of 25 euros per device a week and tv also costs 1 euro an hour. No aircon and expect a lot of bugs in the bathroom. A week was more than enough to the the point we were all looking forward to getting home.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank David H

Dear David,

thank you for taking the time to comment on your very recent holiday with us. I am sorry that we disappointed you, not coming up to your expectations.

Just as you noticed, usually many sunbeds are "reserved" by towels. Official hotel policy (with noticed placed in the whole hotel area) says that reserving a sunbed is forbidden but many customers still do it. We have already tried all possible solutions - from connecting sunbeds for the night-time to taking all the towels left there before 9 a.m. - and towel removal proceeded on demand seems to be the most efficient one.

According to the other matters mentioned by you, we always inform in the arrival materials that towels are changed 3 times weekly or every time you ask for it at the reception. The impoliteness of any staff member is, of course, unacceptable, therefore I wish to deeply apologize for it, just like for the fact that we did not manage to make your holiday perfect.

Remaining at your full disposal,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for 10 nights at the start of July with my husband and two children (11 and 8). Having read some reviews before going I was a little anxious but I was pleasantly surprised. All of the staff were very friendly and extremely hard working. The apartment was spacious and comfortable and we didn't really bother about the lack of air con. We were all inclusive and found the food to be great. There was plenty of choice and it was replenished promptly. My kids loved the themed nights in the evening buffet. The drinks were good too and was easy to make sure no one got dehydrated. I would recomend this hotel for families as the pools are good for kids and the evening entertainment is just up their street.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Heather B

Dear Heather,

we are really grateful that you decided to share your Broncemar Beach experience with us. It is important to know if our customers enjoy their time spent at the hotel and what can be improved, especially in case of guests who were anxious before the arrival.

I am especially proud of my hard working team that is trying to make everyone's stay special and creats unique memories. Also, as you stayed on All Inclusive basis, we appreciate your positive impression about the programme. We believe that serving good food is essential while running a hotel, as even the best ammenities can be ruined by not-so-good menu.

Summing-up, we all hope that you decide one day to visit us again, giving us a chance to make your holiday at least as good as this time.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed for a week 16-23rd of July, 2 adults and 2 13 year olds, Lovely hotel, food was good with plenty to choose from, the only disappointing thing was getting a sun beds round the pool, I went to put some towels down the 1st morning and by 7am there was not 1 sun bed free, there was a couple of nights where myself and my partner were sat on the balcony having a few drinks and actually watched people taking their towels down at 1am which is pretty ridiculous so I am using this post as a bit of a confession because ...................on our last night which was the 22nd we were a little bit drunk and so decided to have a bit of a laugh with our 2 teenagers, it was us that threw all the towels in the pool at 2am, we just hope that all of the new guests that went down to the pool area on the Wednesday morning stood half a chance of getting a sun bed. Apart from that suburb hotel :) Oh and don't pay transfers with your holiday provider, it costs 12euros in a cab

2  Thank Kerry B

Dear Kerry,

thank you for leaving your kind review. It is a pleasure to know that we managed to make your holiday special for the second time.

As you noticed, usually many sunbeds are "reserved" by towels. According to the official hotel policy, reserving a sunbed is forbidden but many customers still do it. We have already tried all possible solutions - from connecting sunbeds for the night-time to taking all the towels left there before 9 a.m. - and towel removal proceeded on demand seems to be the most efficient one. We also do not approve that anyone throws belonging to the pool, but at least you had some fun on your last night.

We all hope to see you again soon - in the winter season Broncemar Beach - and Fuerteventura - are a lovely place to visit for a short brake.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I have just got back from a ten night stay at the Broncemar Beach hotel. I'd read some of the good and bad reviews before we came away, and since I got back and here's my honest opinion. We had an upstairs apartment (324) which was set well back in the complex, next to the tennis court. Noise was not an issue here. The room was clean, maybe a little in need of a spruce up, but nothing I'd complain about - it was fine as a base with adequate facilities. I've read cockroaches can visit, but we only had one which was dead anyway. In a hot place like this, I'd expect to see cockroaches, and anyone complaining otherwise needs to remember where they are I think. Only disappointment here was that although we were all inclusive, TV was pay as you go, and WiFi was seperate (much to my daughter's chagrin). A double bed in the bedroom rather than two singles would have been nice, but I also appreciate how rooms tend to be set out. Again, not a complaint, just a thought. The maids cleaned regularly, and left the beds very nicely made, placing my youngest's teddy on top for instance.
The pool area was where we spent much of our days. Yes, it is slippery around the tiled floors - but there are warnings up everywhere for this. My daughter slipped going to the pool, but this is not a hotel fault, it's simply people spreading water everywhere going between the pool and bar. If guests just waited and dried their feet, I'm sure slipping would be much less an issue here. In fact, I'd say that more problems are caused by the thoughtlessness of guests rather than negligence of the hotel. Sunbeds are a joke. In 10 days, we managed to get sunbeds twice. Again, it's selfishness of the guests - I find it quite sad that people were going to the pool at 11pm at night to lay towels down for the next day. The staff work incredibly hard, and at times I was embarrassed because of the way guests speak to them - maybe I should say bark at them. They do their best and seem stressed at times, especially when people are being rude to them. We were polite all the time, and were treated in kind - please and thankyou go a long way! The food buffet was excellent. The effort to care for all tastes was evident at all times, the kitchen staff really seemed to care about what they put out. Their displays for themed dinners were really well done. The choice was superb - I have two fussy eaters, and they never struggled to find something. I didn't expect such good food, and I think I have put on about a stone through good eating this holiday. A real highlight of our holiday.
Drinks were fine, I know people have complained about plastic cups, but then they'd complain if they were glass I'm sure. Really not an issue. At night in the Tavern, glasses were on hand anyway (and I saw a fair share of breakages which justifies the plastic cups in the day).
The amusement area is a little tired looking, the pool tables are very worn - but it's not surprising as it seems more of a crèche than anything else, with unsupervised children abusing the tables all day long. I felt sorry for the poor evening attendant as he had no control over the riotous kids. Maybe some stronger rules here would benefit.
The entertainment was fine - the entertainment people did a fine job of trying to make things lively, without ever dragging anyone in unwillingly. Again, I felt for them occasionally, with people old enough to know better throwing them in the pool for instance. Kind of embarrassing again, and you could almost see the entertainers biting their tongue at times. So full marks to them for being professional.
At night, we spent time in the Tavern most nights, the karaoke there is great fun (again, if you can stop unattended kids repeatedly going up to sing songs from 'Frozen'...)
In fact, if the manager reads this review, be sure to tell Alberto that Dan said Hi!
Summing up, I enjoyed my stay here, and I would return. The eye opener for me was not the hotel, but more the people staying there. I'm not a grump, but I do respect I am in someone else's country, and in my observation, guests getting ratty because the barman maybe doesn't understand you properly the first time, or because the bacon is 'different to home', well maybe you'd be better off in Wales for a week.
At the end of the day, we were sad to leave and go home, it was a beautiful area and the hotel is brilliantly placed. The staff were courteous because we were also, and worked tirelessly. You could do a lot worse than stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank RetroDan16

Dear RetroDan,

thank you for your kind and detailed feedback.

It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful time at Broncemar Beach. It is our goal to make holiday of our customers enjoyable and unique and it gives us satisfaction to know that we succeed in our mission.

I would like to inform you that we are constantly refurbishing our premises, adjusting it to guests' expectations. In the whole hotel you can find posters with our policy about sunloungers. It is forbidden to reserve them and if you come in the morning and there are no sunbeds, lifeguard will remove towels that have no owners.

We believe that eating good means living good, this is the reason why we try to cater for tastes of everyone. I can just say that we are glad that you found our all inclusive programme satisfactory enough to gain a pound during your stay

Also I would like you to know that I am delighted to read that you are willing to visit us again. We all hope you will repeat your Broncemar Beach experience soon.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After reading all the reviews and recommendations from friends, we thought we were going to have a lovely stay at Broncemar hotel, how wrong was I? There were cockroaches in our room, on our clothes in the toiletry bag and inundated with baby ones in the bathroom and on the worktops in the kichen. The food was poor, food trays were empty and long waits for them to be filled up and same goes for for cutlery tray. If you want a sunbed you need be down there before 7am SERIOUSLY! People were putting their towels down when they came in from their night out. I don't usually write reviews but I felt a need to after our awful stay. We are easily pleased normally.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Janec580423

Dear Guests,

thank you for leaving your review, altough your overall impression of Broncemar Beach is negative. It is important for us to get all types of feedback, not only positive words.

We always try to solve problems mentioned by you while the customers are here - it is enough if they come to the reception or directly to me. I am sure that you did that during your stay and therefore I would like to apologise you sincerely for any inconvenience experienced by you.

I will be glad if you decide to contact us directly, passing your remarks.