“Fantastic holiday!”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 days AI. I can't fault this place at all. Room was excellent, upstairs with two balconies and two sunbeds on one! Cleaned every day except one. After the first night I called reception as my pillow was really hard and lumpy and a new one was brought up within 10 mins. Food was amazing, loved the mexican night! Entertainment was better than some places I have been, the reps were lovely and worked really hard (as did all the staff).. if you are heading to this hotel you will understand why I now have 'pump it up' as a ring tone when you get there! You must go and feed the chipmunks on the promenade, wonderful experience. The pools are great, a bit cold but fine once you get used to it. The life guard checks the water every day and always does repairs around the pools aswell. SUNBED WARS...WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! People going out at 2-3am and reserving beds...if you came down at 6 you had no chance! If you can't get a bed by 11am then the lifeguard would take some towels off for you but this caused problems when people came back to find their towels on the wall! Besides that I really enjoyed our time their and would recommend to anyone, especially families.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jamieacornish
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Guests,

thank you for leaving your 5* review. It is a pleasure to learn that we managed to make your holiday special. As a team of professionals we know how hard it can be to meet somebody's expectations - therefore our success in your case gives us a lot of satisfaction.

As I have already written in other responses, our sunbeds policy states that it is forbidden to reserve them. We have tried many other solutions and removing towels on demand is the most efficient one. Unfortunately we have to admit that as long as high-season guests decide to reserve sunbeds and not use them until lunchtime, this will be an issue.

We hope that Broncemar Beach memories will stay with you for long and that you will decide to visit us again.

Best regards,
José Luiz Suarez
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,504)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for two weeks in July. I wouldn't even call it a 3*. Our room was huge. I emailed before I went and asked for a quiet room because of the other reviews I read. I did get a quiet room. The whole place needs a make over or at least a bucket of paint. It's tired and used looking. The pool is terrible. It's like a cattle mart. Rows and rows of beds and chairs. Did not stay all inclusive and would not recommend it. Tried food one day. uugghh. It's cheap enough to eat in town and better variety. Our towels were changed three times and bed clothes twice in two weeks. Good point; it's in an ideal area. Close to everywhere. Tip. The number 3 bus from the airport is only €1.40 or less and only 10/15 mins. We paid a transfer but if we had to have known this we would have used bus as it stops across the road from the hotel. Very miserable barman. Oh and visit Ireland to see what our bars are really like.

Room Tip: Rooms far far away from pool and high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Breezer69
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Customer,

thank you for leaving your review.

I would like to inform you (and all future holiday makers) that we are currently refurbishing whole complex, as we want all hotel facilities to be modern and comfortable.

As you mentioned that the pool area was crowdy, but it happens mainly in the high season, when we have all the rooms booked. Even if all sunloungers are "reserved" by towels, you can always ask the lifeguard to remove towels that have no owners. This is the official hotel policy - reserving a sunbed is forbidden but many customers still do it. We have already tried all possible solutions - from connecting sunbeds for the night-time to taking all the towels left there before 9 a.m. - and towel removal proceeded on demand seems to be the most efficient one.

I am glad that you liked Caleta de Fuste area, which indeed is close to every place on the island - we are exactly in the middle of Fuerteventura's east coast, but it is a shame for us that you did not enjoy your Broncemar Beach experience as much as we would like you to enjoy.

Manager

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Cleaning service was rubbish. Towels not changed everyday as it's not their policy. Had to ask for toilet roll & towels on several occasions. Maid was lazy. 3 baby cockroaches in restaurant on the wall up near the back (not near food thank god). Floor around pool dirty. I watched maid mop it with dirty mop. Rooms great sizes but mattresses awful

1  Thank catherinem84

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

I believe that you informed us about all isues while you were here - we always solve most of the problems the same day they are reported to us. In cases the repair is not possible, we offer other solutions. If you did not inform us, we had no possibility to help you, but we would like to apologize you for all the inconvenience experienced during your stay.

I remember that on arrival we have given information which says that room cleaning 5 times a week, towels 3 times, 1 time sheets

Although your impression about Broncemar Beach is not possitive at all, I hope you will decide to visit us again, giving us an opportunity to change your opinion.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here between 6 July - 17 July 2014. Before we went I read lots of reviews posted on TripAdvisor about the hotel and decided to see for myself what the hotel was actually like. We arrived and were given Room 289 which was a two bedroom upstairs apartment. It was massive, there were two balconies which were sun traps.

The apartment was cleaned every couple of days, beds made, towels left. The only problem was there weren't enough towels left but after a quick phone call to Reception this was immediately rectified. The apartment itself was very clean, the temperature was really hot but there were no ants or cockroaches in sight.

The Broncemar has three pools, one for little ones and the other two for everyone else. The pools were great although there were a few black specs now and then but this didn't deter anyone from enjoying themselves. The hotel was full when we visited but there were plenty of sunbeds around. Unfortunately these were "taken" very early in the morning with towels, the owners of which were nowhere to be seen. The lifeguard told me he didn't speak any English when I asked him to remove some towels (as per the sign on the wall) but miraculously grasped the language very well after a note from Reception was given to him reminding him of the hotel policy and the offending towels were subsequently removed.

The food. Well breakfast was amazing, lunch and dinner were also fantastic and the staff worked non stop to make sure the trays were replenished as quickly as possible. The food itself was great, with themed nights, Chinese, Mexican etc. I've noticed a few reviews saying the food wasn't very good but this is absolute nonsense. The only small "moan" that I would make is that there wasn't enough choice for children, mine are fussy eaters. The chicken was all on the bone, there was no fillet which my kids love. The children however more than made up for not eating much at night by eating during the day from the snack bar which served burgers, hot dogs, pizza, toasties and salad. They even served a huge pan of paella which was just amazing.

The tavern served all inclusive drinks from 20.00 until 23.00. The bar where the entertainment went ahead served all inclusive from 11.00 until 23.00. There was coke, fanta, sprite etc for the kids and beers and spirits for the adults. Tea and coffee etc was also served all day. The bar staff were worked very hard. They were all perfectly pleasant to me. The only "moan" again that I had was that only two drinks were served at a time so if you wanted three drinks you needed to go back to the bar again. This wasn't ideal but again it wasn't really an issue, just a little annoying at times.

The Thomas Cook Entertainment team were absolutely phenomenal and worked hard all day every day to keep children and adults entertained. They have snowball bingo every day and on our first day the jackpot was an incredible 2500 euros. I waited on one number for over 12 numbers until someone else shouted to get the jackpot. Well done to them but damn you number 33 :-)

All in all I just cannot fault the Broncemar Beach hotel and if we return to Fuerteventura we will certainly book again.

Room Tip: Room 289 was a little bit back from the main complex and pool but only took 2 minutes to get down.
10  Thank Paul C
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Paul,

first of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with all TripAdvisor users. I am more than happy that we meet your expectations and you enjoyed your stay at Broncemar Beach.

As I have already written in other responses, our sunbeds policy states that it is forbidden to reserve them. I would like to apologise you if the lifeguard did not remove the towels when you asked him to do so, luckily our reception staff managed to resolve the problem.

It is also a pleasure for us to read that you found our food tasty. We all believe that eating good means living good and high quality of meals is essential if you want to enjoy your holiday. If you decide to visit us again, just contact me and we can try to find some dishes for your small fussy eaters.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stopped here for a week all inclusive. The food was average (What else do you expect for 3*?) It does get repetitive though after about 4 days. The entertainment was aimed at children & was butlins-esque (as expected). The hotel was a short 2 minute walk to the strip where there was bars, shops, etc.. The bar staff were stressed & quite miserable however the restaurant staff were polite & helpful.

The main downsides of the hotel were; The pool was filthy! Cloudy full of bits & bugs, only went in it once. The walkways to the rooms were again filthy with chocolate & drinks thrown up the wall. The rooms were average, although ours had marks on the wall, no air conditioning (You can rent a fan for 15 euro a week & 20 euro deposit), towels clean three times a week & fresh bedding once a week. I cant specifically point out anything that the hotel impressed me with.

The area of the hotel was good, there was an on-site shop, as I said the strip was 2 minutes away where there were restaurants (We sampled Aroma Indian restaurant & a 'Wild West' one, both were pretty average, However there is a Crepes stand on the strip which was fantastic!

We rented a car for a few days & visited Jandia, The National Park, Puerto Del Rosario, Pajara & up through the hills, I would recommend this as Fuerteventura has some stunning views & villages, we seen most of the island in about 2 days.

A few tips to anyone looking at stopping here, don't go for ground floor as you have no privacy on your 'balcony' part of the family had a upstairs room which had a private balcony great for private sunbathing, take towels as they are quite sparse with them, rent a car & explore as it was the best part of the holiday, you can go self catering & upgrade to all inclusive for around 30 euros PP for the last 3 days of your holiday (I think!), Its about a 15 euro taxi ride from/to airport.

Overall an average hotel, you get what you pay for, in future I will pay the little extra & go for a 4*+ hotel, wouldn't stop here again, besides location it offered nothing special, I'd say its more of a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: No air con in rooms, Go for an 'upstairs' apartment, a lot more private if you like to sit o...
2  Thank Rich1999

Dear Rich,

thank you for leaving your review.

We are always grateful for any kind of feedback, as the positive one shows us that we are successful in creating amazing memories and negative one suggests way to improve.

I would like to inform you that the pool area is cleaned everyday, just like the pools themselves. In Canarias there are official bodies controlling hotels' chlorine levels, which are measured by lifeguard everyday - it also applies to Broncemar Beach. I have to admit that in the summer season, when the hotel is full, it can be harder to maintain all hotel areas clean and tidy, but we try to do it, following suggestions of our customers.

As satisfaction of our customers is the most important thing for us, I am sorry to read that you rate Broncemar Beach as a 2 star hotel. We hope you will decide to give us another chance and we will be able to provide you with excellent service.

Your faithfully,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Went with my mum in the beginning of June- weather was warm, the wind is deceiving (easily burning weather).
Coming from the uk you need to remember the culture in spain is much different (the people and food) - however they aquire to british taste like chips and full english breakfasts and all these things. BUT they do present you with spanish dishes. A wide range of dishes and desserts. Lovely area to eat outside.
The most of the employees are lovely, the rooms were clean and for a 3* i would definitely come again. Went to another 3* hotel in lanzarote - NOT HALF AS GOOD.
Remember 1- you get what you pay for 2- there are worse places 3- your not on holiday to watch tv (which costs). If you wanted a copy of the uk you should have stayed there, spain is different. Also karaoke, the bar and children's entertainment is brilliant if you willing to get involved. #glasshalffull

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank MillionthTripTaker

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time and leaving a review of Broncemar Beach.

It is important for us to know what our customers think about their holiday at out hotel and therefore we are glad that you liked it.

As you wrote that you had already visited Lanzarote before, hopefuly you were not surprised by canarian wheather and you did not get sun-burned. Using the opportunity, we would like to remind every future holiday-maker that canarian sun is much stronger than on the continent - this is why we have a sheet with wheather forecast at the reception.

If you ever decide to spend your holiday at Broncemar Beach again, just let us know in advance in case of special wishes.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here from 16th July for 10 nights.
We had room 324 which was an upstairs room with a huge private balcony.
Rooms are ok, in need of a little spruce up but we didn't go on holiday to spend time in there anyway.
The food was amazing. I have two fussy eaters who enjoyed most of the foods they had on offer.
I found all the staff to be so nice. Sometimes the bar staff look a little grumpy but that's hardly surprising having heard how holiday makers speak to them!
The amusement area where the pool tables are sometimes gets a bit manic but in my honest opinion it was all down to parents letting the small children run riot.
Pool bar toilets not very nice but again, that was down to holiday makers. All the staff work tirelessly to keep it all clean and running smoothly.
I can honestly say that if there was anything to moan about it was all down to other holiday makers, not the staff.
Some people were so rude, I was embarrassed at how they spoke to the staff.
We were treated with courtesy but that's probably because we were polite too and kept our children under control.
Hear some people moan about cockroaches. We only had one, which we removed ourselves.
It's the Canary Islands, it's a hot place, you're going to get them!
My Husband loved going in the Tavern at night time to the Karaoke with Alberto. He was fantastic, such a lovely man.
If you have children, it's well worth going down the Marina on the left hand side of the beach. They do swimming with Sea lions which was amazing and made my girls holidays.
It's pretty expensive 30 euros each but well worth the money and you can buy the photo's afterwards. It says it's for about 15 to 20 minutes but don't be put off by this. All in all my girls were there for about an hour.
I would recommend this hotel, it was lovely and only ruined by other holiday makers.
The guests are predominantly English with only a small amount of German and Dutch travellers that we could see.

1  Thank Fernsmum1

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your impressions with us. It is very motivating to know that you had a great time at Broncemar Beach.

As I have already written in other responses, we are currently refurbishing our hotel to, making it as comfortable as possible. I am also extremely glad that your "fussy eaters" always managed to find something to eat, proving that we succeed in catering for tastes of everyone.

During school holidays all hotels in Fuerteventura are quite busy, therefore it would be an honour if you visit us in any other part of the year when all area is definitely calmer. If you ever decide to come and you will have any room requests, do not hesitate to contact us in advance.

With my best regards,