“Never Again”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
London
“Never Again”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have to share my experience with you. We are 2 adults and 2 children only came back last Sunday after a 2 week all inclusive holiday in Broncemar. Like others we didn't see ant cockroaches. Our room was very clean and spacious. But bedding was changed only once or twice during our 2 week stay. Only on our last day we didn't have any hot water. Swimming pool was cold and had black bits floating everywhere. We have been to so many holidays but never saw a filthy swimming pool like this. We have never seen anybody cleaning the pool. Pool area toilet was always wet. I saw so many people falling down near the pool area because of wetness. Food options were very limited. Everyday pork and beef only. If you don't eat pork or beef it is very difficult to survive. Everyday vegetable soup only. Why can't they have some variety like chicken soup or seafood soup. One day for religious purpose I was supposed to be a vegetarian. I couldn't eat anything other than just chips. Even the rice was mixed with some pork pieces. We paid so much money for this all inclusive holiday. But what a shame. most of the days we had just fruits to fill our stomach. The climax is just one day before our last day I slipped and fell down very badly inside the restaurant because something was leaking from the small kitchen where they make omelettes. I think it is oil and it was very slippery. I was hurt very badly on the elbow back everywhere. Luckily one person helped me to get up and stand on my feet. After that the cook and some other people came and asked me whether I am ok. After that only they wiped everywhere and put a board to say that it is wet floor. Whole night I could not sleep because my whole body was aching. Next day early morning I went to the reception and asked them whether they have any spray for the pain but the receptionist said that I have to wait till 9.30 for the lifeguard to get a spray. I waited till 11 o'clock. My 2 children aged 5 & 6 got scared and went around to find the lifeguard for me. They found him and told him that their mum is in pain & need some spray. By that time I managed to walk upto to him and explain my situation. But he simply said sorry I don't have anything just go outside to the pharmacy to buy the spray. What sort of attitude is it. It was not my fault at all. It was totally the hotel's negligence. One week gone and still my pain didn't go away. I have to claim compensation for all my pain.

3 Thank Hamsa777
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Hamsa,

thank you for taking your time to write your detailed review. We appreciate all kind of feedback from our customers.

I would like to inform you that our pool are cleaned and controlled on everyday basis, also by official Canarian Government authorities. I am also surprised that you did not enjoy our All Inclusive programm. We have a menu prepared for 2 weeks, every night we organise different thematic night - mexican, american, spanish etc - it allowes our guests to choose from many dishes. I did not remember talking with you or anyone from your party about limited catering options - normally guests try to contact me to talk about their reservations.

As your remarks about accident in the restaurant are quite serious, I feel obliged to comment on them. The "oil" you slipped over was a drink spilled by another guest and, what is even more important, we are insured in this kind of cases. I hope that you still remember our conversation that took place in the restaurant. I have asked you if you felt good and if you wanted to visit a doctor, you said that you were fine and needed no doctor's help. The following day you asked one of our receptionists about spray for pains, but without giving her any details, nor wanting to contact me again . Our lifeguard is not a doctor and he can only advice to visit a specialist.

In case of any doubts, please contact me directly through e-mail.

With my best regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have just returned from our holiday at the Broncemar Beach in Caleta de Fuste. The hotel is ideally located with a good shopping centre and nice beaches within 10 minutes walk. Also there are some great restaurants in the town which is good as the hotel food was awful and repetitive. Also the pools are a good size but not very clean. There seems to be a cloudy haze to the water and you cannot see the bottom. We were also told that a few guests were suffering with ear infections which they though the dirty pool was responsible for. Last moan is that the rooms have no air-con so it is impossible to get a good nights sleep. It is not all bad though, if you take it as what it is, a budget 3 star hotel you will have a good base in a very nice area with a great beach and glorious weather.

Dear Customer,

thank you for sharing your opinion with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the center of lovely Caleta de Fuste, but I feel obliged to inform you that our pool are cleaned and controlled on everyday basis. We have not heard anything about ear infections among our guests, if they appeared - please remember that Fuerteventura's strong winds can be also a reason of hearing problems.

For me the most important part of your review is the one saying that relation between cost and quality is good, as it is not that easy to offer high level of services and reasonable prices.

I hope to see you soon at Broncemar Beach.

Kind regards,
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week 13th to 20th August with my 12 year old son self catering . On arrival reception staff were great and changed our room immediately as we did not want to be on top of all the noise around the pool area. A few issues with fridge but resolved within minutes of calling reception. Cannot fault their response considering this is a large hotel with many rooms. Hired fan as rooms do not have air con. Noted pool area sun loungers quite cramped together on first inspection, which is not for us, so decided to use the beach instead. A beautiful stroll away through a parade of shops and restaurants ( Aroma served the best English breakfast ). This proved to be the best decision as the breeze off the sea made it a pleasure not an endurance test. The views are simply breathtaking but hire sun beds to avoid sand blowing when the breeze picks up. These are 3.50 euros a day so well worth paying. We spent our days exploring in morning and hitting the beach post midday sun. Sea was beautiful and clear and my son spent his time snorkelling as there are many fish in the sea.
We basically used the hotel as a base, dividing our time eating there a few nights in our room and eating out the rest. Avoid the hotel supermarket, very expensive, as there is a better one a walk away in the shopping mall a 5 min walk away.
We loved this resort and will be going back .. As we look for a bargain we may well come back here if the price is right. Nothing really put us off but our opinion may be very different from those who stayed here everyday by the pool and using the all inclusive option. I feel you'd be missing out if you stayed here all day. If you need a base ( our room was always fresh and spotless with cleaner in most days ) this hotel is quite perfect ideally situated from the airport ( please do not pay transfers as you are a stones throw away so taxi will be cheaper and quicker !)
Those moaning about insects need to remember where they are .. Yes we saw them but what do you expect in a hot
foreign country ... We also saw chipmunks on our walk to the beach daily ... nobody seems to mention that natural aspect of the resort, it was surreal and they would eat from your hand !
Budget hotel but 5 star holiday for us.

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank AlisonWoodward
Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailed description of the hotel and giving us your opinion about the stay.

I am especially proud of all my employees - reception that managed to fulfil your room change request despite the hotel being full, maintenance man that repaired the fridge and other staff members that were working hard to make your stay special.

It is also good to know that you enjoyed not only the hotel, but also the whole resort. Both beaches in Caleta de Fuste are safe even for the youngest visitors and you can rent sunloungers.

If you decide to visit us again and you have any special requests, do not hesitate to contact us - we will be happy to help yuo.

Kind regards,
Swadlincote, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have just returned from a two week stay at the broncemar beach hotel. This place has both good points but it also has it's bad points. After reading the reviews before going away we were a but worried however some of them did live up to the expectations.

Bad points:
Pool and pool area: the pool did have black bits floating in the water and the more people who jumped in and swam in the pool the more black bits there seemed to be. We were later told by another holiday maker towards the end of holiday that it was bacteria! There is lots of mould on the tiles in the pool hence the black bits. We only ever saw the life guard clean the pool twice during our two week stay. Every other place I've ever stayed the pool has been cleaned every day.

Toilets: the toilets are cleaned on a regular basis however they do not have a clean feel to them, they are smelly due to the fact that toilet paper cannot be put down the toilet and has to go into the bun instead.

Food: the food was a bit of a disappointment, there were theme nights during our stay however this was just three trays and the rest was repeated every day. After the first week we got bored of the food and started going out instead. The food at times was also extremely salty which made us not want to eat it.

The safe: be very wary when hiring a safe we had three problems with it during our stay. The first being a code error even though the correct code had been entered. The second time we put the code in and it wouldn't open and after trying the code again the screen was blank, 10 minutes later the safe door began to open and close by itself thank goodness we were still in the room heaven knows what could have happened if we were out. The third time we put the code in and again the door would not open we had to wait in the room for a maintenance guy to come along. He had to drill into the safe to reset it which took ages, the manager also came along to see what was going on.

Good points:

Room: our room was very spacious and clean with a small balcony and large sun terrace due to being in a first floor apartment. The maids visited regularly changing towels and the bed sheets.

Staff: the staff are polite and work very hard.

Thomas Cook entertainment team: Steph, Darren, Rachel and Laura made our holiday! This is the best entertainment team I have ever seen, they work very very hard to keep kids and adults alike happy with activities throughout the day. They make it fun for everyone to get involved :) keep up the hard work guys you're don't great :)!

Location: the broncemar is in a quiet location on the island it has great shops and bars nearby as well as beautiful beaches and a harbour. If you walk in the opposite direction from the harbour for about 10 minutes you will find a beautiful coved beach it's worth the walk we spent most days there.

Cockroaches: this is the Canary Islands so of course there are going to be critters we don't usually get at home during our stay I only ever saw two. After what other people had told us this was a relief!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth R
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed at Broncemar for 2 weeks. The apartment, service, location, food and above all the entertainment were great. We are booking again for next year. Its worthy of 3 stars, dont expect it to be anymore. Close to the beach. The food was different every day, always well cooked and presented. None of us were poorly. The entetainment team were excellent, in the day and at night. Kids loved it.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank reviewsareus
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind words.

As you have already decided to come back next year, this is the best recommendation we can receive. Please let us know if you have special requests before your stay - our lovely reception staff will be at your disposal at any time.

With my best regards,
Halesowen, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

just got back from this hotel was not all inclusive like stated, ice creams only served from 12 till 5. drinks you are only allowed two at a time so if you want a pint of larger you would have to go back up if with more than one person. food was very much the same every day and hope you like chips. we asked for a quiet room was one back from pool where the entertainment team was on all day and if I heard pump it up once I heard it 20 times a day. you have to pay for t.v in room and drinks after 11 the whole place seems to stop after 11. pool was dirty and very cold where the birds drank out of it could not believe its only 13 years since its opened looks a lot older. most of chairs in club room only had three legs or the padding had gone you got the last hour of the night for adult entertainment the rest we kids club or bingo.

1 Thank Anne B

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Fantastic stay for 2 weeks all inclusive. Thomas cook entertainment team were brill, darren, laura, rachel & steph all work so hard to make your holiday fab, daytime & nightime activies were varied for all ages, young ones, teenagers & adults. Food was ok, could always find something you liked. Need more waiting & bar staff in the evening, restauarant very busy after 7.30. More sunbeds in high season as well, or you were getting up at crack of dawn just to get 1. Great value for money, All in all a very good holiday was had. Thanks again darren, laura, rachel & steph you were brill xx

Room Tip: We stayed in 159, away from the pool noise and fab balcony.