“Ok for what we payed ”
Review of Broncemar Beach

Broncemar Beach
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We visited her on 15th August for 10 days. When we arrived the lady on reception was friendly and helpful and had loads of knowledge on the area. The room was basic and ok to a point but like other reviews our bedding was changed on the 9th day and towels were only changed when requested so if u you are going you will need to ask if you want them changed. We did have some problems with the room like the tap breaking and the safe but these were fixed within 10 mins so was impressed with that. We found that the staff were not that friendly and did not smile but this may be due to the fact that they are under staffed and have to work so hard and have to deal with some people that treat them like dirt. Food was ok but got a little boring but for what we payed was overall good. As in other reviews the pool did have black bits in and is in need of a really good clean as is the rest of the resort it is rough round the edges but with a makeover and hard work it could be really nice. The Thomas Cook entertainment team were great also and work very hard to keep everyone entertained. If you are booked here don't be put off by the bad reviews it is not a bad resort by all means it just needs some work and a few more staff plus some customer service training particulary the manager who I presumed was the older man with glasses, he barely smiled and seemed so grumpy all the time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dookie43

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in for 10 days on the 12th august, after an initial dislike for our first room we were moved to 167, I'd say the food was very good for the price we paid during the day you have an arrangement of nice light meals in the canteen or burgers etc etc by the pool , the carbonara sauce they did is amazing !!! I feel all of the staff are overworked here, the lifeguard did about 10 different jobs but was always lovely to my kids and had a smile on his face, the young lad ruuben who worked the bar loved my kids my son Rocco wouldn't leave him alone .. Top lad him !!

The entertainment was good the reps obviously work hard behind the scenes .

Listen this place ain't 5 star luxury but it has everything you need it's rough around the edges in parts but it makes up in others trust me ! I would go again with my wife and kids

Anyone who's moaning probably would moan at a 5 star resort some people just love a moan !

To clarify ... Get more staff keep the ones you have and this place will flourish !!

Thanks for our wonderful holiday

The newtons

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Newts83
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Was dreading this holiday after reading the reviews before we set off but had an open ! Anyway don't want to go over the same things over again as I'm sure people are fed up reading ..... For us a family of four it has to be the worst place I've ever stayed and the sad thing is it has huge potential if managed properly and has investment ! This hotel is not clean on any level, the pool is cleaned once a week if that. There are millions of black bits in the pool which is mould from the tiles within the pool . I informed the manager as did many other guests and the response was a joke four men with sweeping brushes sweeping the inside of the pool ...... Every hotel I've ever stayed even zero star has their pool cleaned daily ... The pool at broncemar is large and impressive to look at but needs shutting down from a health point of view !!! The apartments are a good size and like the pool have potential but are not clean, cleaning is meant to be every day with the exception of two. Our room was only cleaned when I requested It from reception. The towels should be changed three times a week ours were changed twice in two weeks again after requesting. The towels are old and shredded new towels would make a big difference. The dining room is clean but the outside bar and outside restaurant are filthy the cushions on the chairs are discussing and not every chair has a cushion. I expressed this to management and was told they were waiting on a new batch, we ended up going to the china shop and buying 4 cushions for € 10 and carried these with us ! This hotel has one life guard who seems to be responsible for three large pools and is also a general dogsbody is this legal ???? I will conclude with the fact I hate writing a bad review but it pains me to think that a place like broncemar is not shut down for a complete overhaul and new management.

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Anita C
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We returned from our holiday at Broncemar on 24th August 2014, 2 adults 2 children.

The hotel is situated a very short drive from the airport, so with 2 young children this was great for us. On arrival at Broncemar we were given our key to our room and directed very clearly to where it was. We stayed in room 231. Our accommodation for the 10 nights was everything we needed, one bedroom with 2 single beds and to sofa beds in the living room. On arrival the room was very clean, and the maid cleaned what seemed like every third day. We had to ask for our towels to be changed as they hadn't been as we thought they would be. Food was good and a good selection everyday.

As a 3 star hotel, we can not grumble, we paid for what we got and had a fantastic holiday. The staff work very hard to keep up with the requests of the holiday makers and worked very long hours.

Thomas Cook entertainment reps were very good, we went to the cabaret night at the music hall tavern and it was great, cheesy but great, very funny.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank loumic44
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We are just back from 7 nights at the Broncemar but were ready to come home after 4-5 nights.It was our first sun holiday as a family. Our apartment was clean to a point. The beds were changed but dirty linen was left in the bedroom to pile up. There was a mouldy smell continuously in the kitchenette area and bathroom. The towels were never changed and we were a family of four sharing. (2 adults and 2 kids) We were hoping for a quiet family holiday but loud music coming from the entertainment area kept us up until at least 1am. And this started at around 12pm. And we were not directly over the entertainment area. It would have been more comfortable to sleep on a table than sleep on their beds. They were terrible. My kids complained that their backs were sore after 2 nights. We did not go all inclusive. If I hear the song "Pump it up" anymore I will crack up. It was played at least four times a day to announce Bingo. We found the pool to be dirty with black bits floating in it and my 7 yr old daughter got a chill and a temperature from it after just the second day. The cockroaches around the pool area put me off too. We had to pay 1euro an hour to use the TV and that was with three channels and one was in spanish or arabic. Location wise it is very good. It is just a short walk from the local shops. The town itself is lovely with many good restaurants and shops. The beaches were fab. Thats where we spent most of our time.Even though we paid for an apartment with pool access, which was cramped, as the kids looked forward to the pool everyday they got maybe an hour at most. Then again they loved the beach, snorkeling and swimming. Even to go paddling in the sea, there were lovely fish in the shallow clear waters that were fab. If we were to return to Feurteventura we would not stay here again. We will book at least 4 star. It is LOW budget and just a base to explore the rest of the town and area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 337MarieCF
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review. I feel upset reading that you were ready to come back home after 4 days of your stay, as we always try to make everyone's stay special. Obviously we failed in your case, therefore I would like you to accept my apologies.

Many of the issues mentioned by you could have been solved immediately after informing our front desk team (for example towels or bed linens), some of them depend on the time of the year when you visit Fuerteventura - in the high season all hotels are full, with the pool areas being extremely busy.

It is obvious that we did not meet your expectations, therefore I would like to apologise you deeply.

I remain at your full disposal in case of any doubts or more comments.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Honest review here.
Rooms are adequate for 2 people only. Any more and you sleep on settee's. Nothing wrong with that unless you are over 5ft 4inches as there are wooden ends both sides which mean you can't stretch out.
No air con IS an issue in august.
TV. 1 euro an hour!
Wifi charges extortionate.
Pools. Beware of broken tiles. Loud music is played over speakers from 10 until 4pm then evening entertainment from about 8pm. If you have a pool side room do not expect a siesta!
Entertainment. Staff were lovely and worked hard, but it is bingo, raucous pool games, table tennis etc so don't expect to sunbathe peacefully. Evening entertainment is by the same staff and local entertainers on a couple of evenings per week.
Hotel staff ranged from pleasantly aloof to bloody miserable. Reception staff and pub staff were the nicest.
Be prepared to get up at 6:30 for a sun bed war BUT the lifeguard will remove towels for you from beds that have been reserved but not used.
Food. Free for all canteen. Stressful getting a table and keeping it. Food as standard for 3* AI. Kids lived on chips, ham And cheese toasties and omelettes.
Not for couples without kids in the school holidays.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Shazza690

Dear Shazza,

thank you for taking your time to write a review.

I am surprised by some of your remarks, as we always inform all touroperators about our offer - for example pay TV or WiFi, just like about lack of air conditioning in standard apartments. Also, as you can see in most review, many english speakers were delighted with Thomas Cook entertainment team, but I understand that everyone can have different opinion.

As you noticed, our lifeguard removes towels left on the sunbeds when requested, therefore loungers should not be an issue. What is more, you visited Broncemar Beach in the middle of school holiday, when the hotel was full of children, many of them - left unattended by their parents (which itself is breaking spanish law). At the moment our hotel is peaceful and quiet place with almost no children nor teenagers on holiday.

I would like to apologise you sincerely for any inconvenience experienced by you and I also hope that you will give us another chance in the different time of the year.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and myself have just returned from an all inclusive weeks holiday at the broncemar beach, we Read reviews before we went and my god most of them were true, we arrived on Saturday 16/08/14 we got there at 9.15 pm and was told the restaurant was closed so we didn't get a meal,but we were told we could go down the road to Gambrinis steak house and get a 10% discount,our room was clean and a good size, we had sunbeds on our balcony, which was good because if you didn't get down to the pool by 7 am you would struggle to get a sun bed ,the pool was dirty so we never went in ,on the Sunday when we had done round the pool we made our way back to our room to find pigeon poo all over our balcony ,it was still there when we checked out 1 week later. The sheets on our bed were changed once ,the towels 3 times ,they were discusting you could see day light through them they were that thin,I've used better as dusters at home,every night after a shower we had to hang them on the balcony to make sure they were dry for our shower the next morning ,we only found 1 lot of toilets for all the complex they were disgusting the ladies only had 3 toilets which is not enough for how big the complex is
I paid €9 one day for 2 devices to have WiFi ,that was crap only 1 worked and it is very very slow ,the food is really basic , all my husband could say was "you get what you pay for ,its only a 3 star"

Room Tip: We had 205 which is a first floor room it was near everything I.e pool,Irish bar ,restaurant ,entert...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank flutella
director_broncemar, Gerente at Broncemar Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Flutella,

thank you for sharing your impressions with us.

I am fairly sure that our reception staff gave you all the necessary information about all inclusive. This programme starts at the moment you get the bands - this means, that you could use the bars, but as the restaurant was closed, we were unable to provide you with a meal - and it finishes when you leave the hotel, even if you have a late flight. Many canarian hotels cut off the bands at midday, but we have decided to let our customers keep them as long as they stay on the hotel premises.

As I have already written in other responses, our sunbeds policy states that it is forbidden to reserve them. We have tried many other solutions and removing towels on demand is the most efficient one. Unfortunately we have to admit that as long as high-season guests decide to reserve sunbeds and not use them until lunchtime, this will be an issue.

I am also surprised by your opinion about cleaning service. We change the towels three times, bedsheets once and the rooms are cleaned five days in a week.

Most of the problems mentioned in your review could have been solved quickly, but as long as we receive no feedback during customers' stay, we do not know what they expect and what should be changed.

This is true that Broncemar Beach has three stars, but we are proud of that and we always try our best to make everyone's holiday special. I truly regret that we have not succeeded in offering you expected level of services.