“Mrs Seymour”

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Surrey
“Mrs Seymour”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great Holiday. My family and I stayed for a week before Easter and had a good time. The food was always fresh and there was a good choice for everyone. We found the holiday good value for money and were pleasantly surprised.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

4 Thank Sally S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had a great time and the kids loved it - age 2 and 13. I hadn't read reviews before booking, but did before I went and so was dreading it because the reviews were so bad. We saw none of the negative things mentioned when we were there at Easter.
Staff were great, kids entertainment was good and for all inclusive the food was good showing variation. I'm a fussy eater so expected chips every night but i found something I liked everyday.
I can't really fault the place other than more of the bars could of been open, but I think when it's summer they probably will be.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Rachel B
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I did read comments about the resort and wondered what we the hell are we letting ourselves in for. Well having been for 10 nights I can honestly say that some people will moan about the slightest things eg. They where late opening the dining hall by three minutes one day and you should have herd the moaning. For crying out load you have two hours to stuff you face for crying out load. Other comments it's to windy, it's too cold at night, aeroplanes too noisie honestly some people.
Well traveling as a family of 6 we had a two bedroom bungalow, very clean well looked after by the cleaner towels changed plus bedding every other day. Yes we had the odd cockroach but soon stamped on them, three less for others to worry about.
All footpaths around the complex are mopped down everyday along with the pool area, the staff are friendly if you take the time to speak to them.
Most of the bar staff are friendly again speak to them smile have a bit of fun with them and thank them, manners work well, you'll notice they work long hours. They have to work fast to keep up with demand.
Food for us was very satisfiying a great choice most days we found about 20 minutes into service you got the freshly cooked food. Fresh carved meat will leave you returning for more and the kids all the deserts. Different types of fresh bread, pasta dishes, rice, salads, fruit and you will always find chips. The tables are cleared very quickly and again smile and acknowledge the staff they will respond.
I told my children at the start of the holiday if you have a drink by the pool make sure you put your drinks cup into the bin when you have finished as the wind will blow them around, I was proud of my kids as they did exactly that, it's a great pitty that some of the others guests could not do the same young and old, but then again they wouldn't be able to moan about the rubbish around the pool by the end of the day would they.
All in all we had a great holiday the kids loved the entertainment people and joined in activities throughout the day and evening. The adults are encouged to do the same.
We enjoyed our well earned holiday but there again life's what you make of it. Hope this is of use to you.

15 Thank Ian B
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We visited club caleta dorada on April for a week all inclusive. I would say this hotel is better suited for families who just want a no frills week by the pool...We are not into all the organised entertainment and school dinner meals but for the price thought it was worth a shot as we went into town and ate out most evenings anyway.

Location is about 10 mins from town, 15 from beach. This was ok but we were a little envious of the other hotels much closer to the town and beach!

Food...ok for the price we paid. Breakfast was fine, lunch was ok but by dinner we were ready to give it a miss.

Pools, there are 3 pools. One main one with the bar and slides etc. And Two smaller quieter pools wih bars (that annoyingly weren't open!) We stayed by the quieter pool but this meant walking 10 mins to go and get a drink....not good, why not just have self serve water and soft drinks at least if you don't want to spend money staffing a bar that's just sitting there????

Rooms were ok, abit tired and dated . shower was great, own water boiler so didn't go cold. We did have a few ants but thy soon went when we made sure no food was left out.

We went with Ryanair so needed to print out our return boarding passes. We enquired of we could use the computers and print off on the receptions printer and we're very rudely told It was not possible and no offer of how we could go about it. In the end we found a little Internet cafe just beside the caleta garden for 15 mins on Web and printing two passes it was €3....why the hotel don't offer this service I don't know?

Finally there is no free wifi. ..not even in public places in the hotel. They want about 25€ for the week. We just headed down to the bars and they all offer it free there.

Good holiday...hotel not for us, maybe better suited for families with young kids if you want something very cheap and cheerful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank turquoisesea186258

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

me, my partner and my 11 yr old son stayed here for 2 weeks very recent, weather was better than expected, AI food for not to bad, drinks were not great but didn't stay there much for drinks. the only problems were the cockroaches which are awful,, no ones fault. definitely didn't have no ants in our room.. and the pool was very very cold, I couldn't stay in it.. but overall staff were nice and polite, and it was a nice and big complex. mayb to big for some..

Room Tip: we stayed in c.block and it was ok for us..
1 Thank Samantha N
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked this quite late as a 'family chill out' holiday. Having read all the previous reviews I was bracing myself, however, I was pleasantly surprised.

The Location
A 20 minute maximum drive from the airport. Don't pre-book your taxi, there are plenty waiting on arrival and the prices are set. I think we paid about 13 euros. The local shops/restaurants are a 10 minute walk away down the hill, the beach a further 3 minutes. Don't use the overly priced 'British' supermarket just a short walk at the top of the complex - the prices are extortionate and the produce rubbish. Ask at reception for a cab (3 euros) and go to the shopping centre (or just say cinema) where you will find a huge supermarket that stocks everything you need and for a lot cheaper.

The Complex
Very large complex with a variety of bungalows/rooms. We were in C135. We had a lovely sea view with a large terrace with table and chairs which was a sun trap and offered a little shade from the gorgeous palm tree at the front. The room was basic and clean (no ants). I paid 25 euros for the safe (5 euros refunded when you hand the key back - don't lose your receipt). I also paid 25 euros for unlimited wifi for the week. The wifi didn't work in our room, however, we had great connection on our terrace (before you pay for wifi check your signal). We had a great signal for face timing and internet use etc. We used the large pool once (I have older teenagers and the holiday was for a pre exam chill). I personally didn't like the large pool, full of small children and towels placed on the sun beds from 7:30am! If you have a young family, they will love the large pool. We found the pool behind the dining hall the best; very quiet with a cool breeze and a little shade if you need it - no bar or snack area at this pool (however, if going in high season I have been reliably informed that they open all the bars/snack areas).

The staff on site were polite and helpful. The food is okay. I enjoyed the breakfast as lots of variety of fresh fruit, pastries, omelette, pancakes and cereals/cooked breakfast. The lunch was similar with a nice variety, however, the evening meal was not to my taste. They usually have a fish and meat dish, pasta, salads and alternate rice and potatoes etc. After three nights we walked into the town for food - more out of boredom. You won't starve, just sometimes a bit bland and boring.

Out and About
Local restaurants - I would highly recommend booking a table at Fado Rocks (check their reviews), absolutely delicious food. The pizza restaurant (near the carpark up a flight of steps) was also a great find; great pizzas at a good price. We also ate at Lins, lovely service - we had lunch there. They serve delicious wraps and burgers and their sangria was by far the best I have had.

Walk around the beach to the harbour. We did snorkelling with the scuba diving guys - great fun and well worth the 20 euros per person - they were very friendly and professional. We also did the jet ski (you need your ID if you look under 18) and the 'whale' (a small motorised boat).

The main beach is lovely, if what very very windy - wear plenty of sun cream as it can be quite deceptive.

We played mini golf near the beach (6 euros per person). You have a choice of an easy or hard route, we chose the hard. Lots of fun and a great course. There were four of us and we spent a good hour and a half playing.

Local shops - not worth spending your money. The prices are extortionate and well above what you would pay in the UK for some products. A little gem I found was some aloe vera cream, excellent to use instead of after sun. I bought three tubs back with me.

10 Thank Gaynor1310
Limericj
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from the 1 week holiday in caleta dorada. Stayed in bungalows near the canteen. My husband got terrible skin infection from the bad bugs. I'm terrified that me and my kids could be infected too. Yes it may be cheap, but it is not justifying poor standards. Everything in this hotel screams dated and cheep. Food is very basic- yes you will not starve but you will not enjoy it. Didn't liked resort - too quite and basic. Will not be back to the resort or hotel.

Stayed April 2014