“so noisy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
hull england
“so noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have just got back after 2 weeks holiday. We were all really looking forward to it. The property was cheap so we didn't expect too much. It was very clean and the cleaners were there all the time, but just abit dated. We dreaded night time as we were right opposite a night club and it did not close until 5am. At first we didn't mind it but after a week of it and three miserable children as they could not sleep we had enough. To make it worse there is a sign in the corridor asking for people to be respectable and to be quiet from 11 pm. They were having a laugh. Kids were running and screaming and shouting up until about 12. We have visited this resort for four years and I must say we will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank sarah b

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Polish first
huddersfield england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

To start on the good points. The coffee was really nice!!!
The rooms are exteemly old and in desperate need of modernisng but they were clean and cleaned 3 times during our stay.
The single beds I thought were a bit smaller than single, but then I'm only small! but they had plastic fitted sheet so i woke sweaty in the mornings.
when we arrived it was quite lated so we put our bags away and went down to eat. The food was dried up and no real choice,but I put that down to the lateness!!! wrong !!!! Thats how the food was all of the stay, no choice and absolutly disgusting, and left un covered and on the heat for the entire of the servery, but to stay alive I ate toast and in the evening Chips! durin the day you could getn toasties and they were edible.

The first night (thursday) we went down to the bar I asked for a pina colada, no no no ! you can only have them on wednesday's so because we were leaving the following tuesday I was never going to see one! however we met a young couple and the really atractive woman said she would get me a pina colada! off she trotted to the bar, me a few stepps behing her, she asked the same guy for a pina colada and he proceeded to make her one, I said to him hey!! how come i can't have one? he stopped in his traks halfway through making it and say ohhh sorry you can't have one , it's not wednesday! he was the creepy english entertainer!
the entertainment was hilarious o.m.g they put on a race night, the tv that they showed it on was one of those old fat ones, the commetary was loud but we could not see the telly!

to get a sun lounger you had to get in a queue at 9am the tourist put towells on them and went off for the day, Mainly to the all inclusive bar!
to sum it up all I can say is Faulty Towers with their own ageing entertainment chap!
we got a cheep holiday in more than one meaning of the word cheap!!!

Fuerteventura it's self is very nice but a bit expensive to eat out.

Room Tip: don't go there!
1 Thank kimnco
monoborracho2014, Director General at Caleta Garden, responded to this review, 5 August 2015
Dear guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you experienced during your last stay with us. Of course we already investigated the whole matter. All of this does definitely not reflect our usual service standards. Our goal is to deliver high quality hospitality to every guest on every stay. We hope, that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel

Best regards,

Himar SIlvera
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Greenock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We didn't expect too much but certain things we weren't happy about The staff were friendly enough but nobody in authority when a crowd of 20year olds spoiled it for others Roaring football slogans, very drunk.sitting round the pool .music going .throwing each other in I asked at desk if there was anyone there to see to them but was told a security man came on at night,!!Food was definitely budget,Goats stew one night more bones than anything else.Rooms clean but fridge rusting to bits.,Majority of people decent lot,Would need a lot of money to upgrade as its been a nice
hotel at one time Yes sunbeds booked every morning and not a German in sight!!!!

Room Tip: we had room 223 over looked the pool but very noisy as there were a crowd of bampots throwing each o...
1 Thank eleanor398
Bellshill, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Just came back after staying for one week cockroaches in room small beasts on kitchen sink and outside in dinning room was going to have a pear and flies flew everywhere this happened twice so after that I could not eat in it and had to go out to eat toilets in reception usually clean but one night there was human mess all over pan and toilet doors full of writing would never go back

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cclark54
Dear guest,

Best regards,

Himar SIlvera
Hotel Manager
wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were moved here last minute and would never have picked it. Yes we only paid £26 per person per night AI, but have stayed in much better places for around the same amount. Large 2 bedroom, clean but dated, apartment, BUT it was on main road opposite a Karaoke bar. Drunken wailing (singing) till 4am then the street cleaner came around at 6.30 so almost no sleep. Not enough loungers around the pool, so if you did want to stay then only option was the concrete floor or a seat on the filthy cushions at the bar.
Staff were ok, strong drinks (needed the extra alcohol to help us sleep) and entertainment of sorts each night.
Food was awful, very limited choice, we had to eat out every evening. A pleasant walk to the beach, lots of bars, restaurants and tat shops on the way. A local market twice a week ,selling counterfeit t-shirts, sunglasses and hats and also some ornaments. Make sure you check food prices as they add 7% Tax on top. We paid £85 for an ok meal in the Indian, but the Slow Boat Chinese has 30% discount on its amazing buffet 2 nights a week and our bill for 4 of us with drinks was only £40! We made the best of it but would not go back ever again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank becmacs
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

First of all, this is my 3rd visit so I knew what to expect when I arrived. The staff I have to say are very good at what they do, from reception through to the bar, they are happy and smiling and very helpful. Freddie especially. We arrived just slightly too late for the all inclusive bar but had a drink anyway as the bar was still serving till midnight.
First morning came and we went to breakfast, as usual plenty of choice and you can easily find something for everyone, my only complaint was that there were no tinned tomatoes and the beans were cold. Everything else, lovely. Now it comes to the sunbeds, yes they are locked up until about 9.00am when the maintenance man comes to unlock them once the cleaners have finished around the pool. I cannot tell you how many people moaned that they were locked but I feel this quite a fair way of dealing with them, it means they do not get trashed during the night or thrown in the pool, they all get hosed down and everyone queues quite nicely to get their bed. There were people who took say 4 which were for themselves and 2 of their kids, the children however did not use their bed once during the day which must have been rather annoying for people coming a little later that needed a bed. I myself allowed a couple to have mine and my friends beds during the afternoon when we walked to the beach and on our return sat in the bar area.
Now, the bar area. Plenty of tables and seats. I must say, it actually got very hot during the late afteroon too and I even moved inside on one afternoon. The tables are cleared often and tables wiped down. Again bar staff doing a brilliant job during this hot period of the day. During our stay a group of young people arrived who were, lets say a little more rowdy than the usual clientele. Unfortunately, they had taken it upon themselves to sneak in a bottle of very strong shot alcohol which they passed around them all whilst drinking pints of lager. I think most people realised it would all end in tears which happened when one of the girls fell over by the pool and bumped her head quite badly. The staff I cannot say controlled the situation but it did then calm down immediately.
The rooms, they are dated and the beds are a little small and uncomfortable. This did not bode well in my case this time as I had hurt my ribs before arriving and meant I could not sleep very well. Last time I stayed, the bed was fine. Rooms are kept spotlessly clean and the balcony though at the front of the hotel was not noisy and kept some sun during the afteroon too. All in all this hotel is a great base as it is right in the heart of the main resort. Walk to the beach can be long or short whichever route you take. I will be going back and soon. It is completely adequate for your needs and people do have to remember it is only a 2 key hotel not a 5 star Hilton. Most deals on this hotel are cheap. I do understand that some people may not have the money to go outside of the hotel to eat but if it can be done, I would say go for it.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 105, though ground floor and with terrace at the front of the property, was adequate...
5 Thank sammig30
monoborracho2014, Director General at Caleta Garden, responded to this review, 5 June 2015
Dear sir,

We are very grateful for your comments, as we motivate much. We try to give the best service to ensure that your stay at our hotel enjoyable.

We take note of them and I assure you that will help us to work harder to keep up with new demands.

Regards,
The hotel management
Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just returned from our 5th visit here in the last 3 years and we love it. Ok, it is sad and neglected and in need of some TLC, but to be honest we only paid £100 for 10 nights, where in England could you find that? The rooms are cleaned, regularly, my only gripe would be the terrible plug sockets, only one of ours would work with a European plug in it. we never go in the bar area, nor the buffet (we did the first year and regretted that!) We sunbathe on the top child-free terrace. We simply use the hotel as a base for a wonderful resort. As I said, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,756 reviews
Villa Florida
Villa Florida
#9 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Caleta Garden? Share your experiences!