Ok. Having been a regular visitor to Caleta we knew of this hotel and the reputation that has been shared on these very pages. After a very busy year we decided to get away no matter what at very short notice. This Hotel was very cheap and available. Upon arrival we stored our bags in the locked room and went for a quick look around. The layout is very good and its a sun trap trust me. Pool was sufficient, and bar area spacious. After a visit to El Capitans, we collected our things and went to our room. It was spacious enough with separate bathroom and bedroom together with a lounge area and small kitchen.
Lunch is a self service affair. Now trust me, any all inclusive can get boring after a while. Luckily I enjoy a simple diet and the salads and cooked meats where sufficient.
The bar seemed well stocked ( 2 drinks per person) in plastic glasses. I did ask for a pint glass which they do have however some waiters where reluctant to give you one.
Probably because it involves washing them at some stage.
If you want a sunbed its the usual get up and grab one as soon as they are available then put your towel on them and get breakfast, or in some cases go shopping for half a day!!
Now I don't want to complain about anything but a few things did make me wonder who runs the place and how high the bar is set regarding standards.
The English entertainment rep turns up usually mid morning/lunch looking like he's been on the lash. He smokes in front of all the guests which I'm sure you will agree in ANY customer service industry is a big NONO. Not a plus in my book
But the biggest shock was about to come. On our last day there was a commotion from the pool and a young lady had ran past informing there had been an accident. A young boy had gone into the pool and whether he had slipped or got out of his depth, went under. Apparently one of the guests had spotted him at the bottom of the pool and dragged him out. He had to be resuscitated.
Not one lifeguard in sight or actually any members of staff with any first aid knowledge. Disgraceful. The little lad was brought round and taken to hospital. Later hat night he was back to his mischievous self, however it could have been very different.
Now chances of this happening are very slim however I think it was worth mentioning. The hotel has no life guard on duty as advertised on the wall next to the pool.
However all in all if you are a couple wanting basic digs and food as a base but spend your days on the beach and swimming in the sea, then go for it..
P.S no idea about the entertainment as we never stayed in the hotel at night. Too busy enjoying ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caleta Garden offers an outdoor pool, apartments and studios with balconies. This complex is located 200 meters from the beach in Caleta de Fuste and has tennis courts and a whirlpool. Caleta Garden is located 5 minutes walk from shops, bars and coffee shops of Caleta de Fuste downtown. The Fuerteventura Golf Club is just over 1 km from the complex and the Airport is located 15 minutes drive from the complex. At the reception there is a currency exchange service, option to rent safe, fans, kettles, irons and hair dryers. We also have a prepaid self-service laundry. There is WiFi at the reception and communal areas of payment. The Caleta Garden buffet restaurant serves traditional Spanish and international cuisine. They also have a bar service in the resort pool with drinks and snacks. It consists of a tennis court. There are 2 professional shows a week and various activities for adults and children throughout the day. All apartments and studios at Caleta Garden are well equipped and have a livingroom with sofa bed. The kitchen includes a microwave, refrigerator and stove. All accommodations have bathrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, Onthebeach, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Caleta Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caleta Garden Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Caleta Garden De Fuste
- Caleta Garden Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste