“good location, friendly staff”

Ereza Dorado Suites Hotel
Leeds, United Kingdom
“good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

we stayed here last week, as a family of 4 , 2 kids aged 13&10.Had a great time. The location is great , right on the seafront, easy to get around resort from here. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, our room much bigger than expected and was clean and tidy. We were all inclusive and had read bad comments, but none of us ever went hungry , ok the choice isnt massive, but its a 3 star hotel with a small spanish restaurant, there was always salad, pasta, rice,fish, either chicken or pork to choose from.The bar was ok, they do have an issue with glasses, and the staff are always very busy, but we never had a problem with getting served as some have said. Theres a pool table/table tennis for the kids, no kids club but didnt bother us as we go away to spend time with them !All in all, I would quite happily go back here, the pool is a bit cold, but thats a canary thing, unless its heated it will always be cold!The only down side was the all inclusive finishing at 12 on day of departure, we didnt leave until 1815!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 253leeds31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews my partner and I went with an open mind.Unfortunately we were agreeing with all the negative comments after one day .
We booked the sea view room , nice view of the sea however the room was basic . No air conditioning , bed sheets changed twice a week , no complimentary water, rust in the bath . Deposit for TV remote control ! . The worst was yet to come .
We booked all inclusive thinking we had a piece of mind to enjoy the rest of out 7 day holiday well after 2 days of being subjected to the so called restaurant food we spent all out money eating out ! .
The food was tasteless and was the same everyday . Tasteless fish , tinned mushrooms , over cooked chips and soggy egg just to name a few . The tea was herbal ( bring your own tea bags ) . The manager ( cross between Robin Williams / John Inman ) suggested we try the barbecue one day . Well we were presented with a slice of chicken that was normally served everyday ! and that was the weekly barbecue ! .
The Buffalo bar was in need of a major TLC in appearance , management and atmosphere .
The lady on the bar had no people skills and you were given one glass at night bearing in mind you weren't given a clean glass if you changed your drink ! . The so called Neil Diamond / Elton John tribute act was awful, no formal dress code ( shorts ! ) badly sung and started too late every night ( around 10 ) bearing in mind all inclusive stopped at 11! .
The atmosphere was poor for high summer season hence we retired to our apartment early after 2 nights of waiting for some kind of entertainment .
My advice is look for another hotel , plenty of choice and fairly cheap to eat out .
I 'd be surprised if they are still in business next year unless they read these trip advisor reports and take responsibility .
James B , Nottingham .

• Stayed August 2014
10 Thank James b B

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a week at the end of July and I can honestly say we have never experienced an all-inclusive holiday like it!! Well I say all-inclusive...that is using the term very loosely.
Upon arrival, we were checked in quickly by tthe pleasant reception staff. Our room and bathroom were clean and spacious, albeit a bit dated. Bed linen was only changed twice during our week's stay and towels three times.
After checking in, we ventured over to the on-site restaurant. The food was appalling...fish in sauce, or meat and fish which was cooked together on a hot grill, and a rather unappealing rice dish which looked like it contained chicken knuckles!! The restaurant manager was welcoming, however as mentioned in previous reviews, could be a bit touchy feely with the males. We had no problem as such with the breakfast but lunch and dinner meals were sub-standard...cheap ingredients used to create tasteless, unappetising meals! We are not fussy eaters and generally give most things a try but we were forced to eat out most lunchtimes and 5/7 dinner times. The final straw was our evening meal on night 3 which consisted of a jacket potato and beans!!
Now onto the Bufalo Bar...the so-called all-inclusive bar which was managed by a very rude English man who couldn't bring himself to serve the all-inclusive customers and only served 'paying' customers despite his staff being ran off their feet with long queues. There was only one member of staff on at a time and they had to take drinks and sort out snack orders whilst that joker pretended to wash glasses!! Onto the glasses!! The bar had a policy that no drinks would be served unless used glasses were returned. The queue for the bar was massive on a night, and people were turned away and refused drinks if glasses were not returned!! This was not only to stop the manager employing someone to collect them, but it saved on washing them because all they did was REFILL YOUR DIRTY GLASS!! Surely a Health and Safety issue especially as the place was filthy, tables (of which there were only 6 outside) were rarely wiped down, and dirty glasses would often be on tables the next morning!! We drank out most nights and there are plenty of local bars close by which were very welcoming and reasonable priced.
The entertainment mainly consisted of two blokes pretending to be Elton John, who took to the stage clearly sozzled, and continued to drink throughout his 'performance', and a Neil Diamond tribute who was often seen propping up the bar during the day!! One new holiday maker walked in and straight out of the bar and we clearly heard her say to her husband "Get me out of here!". We never saw them again the whole holiday!!
The pool was absolutely freezing and the toilets were disgustingly filthy, ioften having no toilet tissue!! Lucky I always have tissues in my bag!! There was absolutely no entertainment on during the day for children, which didn't really affect us as our son is 13, but a lot of other people we spoke to were very disappointed and ended up taking children out of the complex to keep them entertained. More extra money spent on top of the all-inclusive price tag!!
As we had paid for all-inclusive, to have to go out and pay for our food and drinks totally unacceptable! Hence, we contacted our holiday rep who came in to see us and was very supportive of ours, and other holiday makers, complaints.
There are so many other hotels on this lovely island...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank A M
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What can i say this has to be the worst holiday i have been on we were told that there was entertainment on well if you call a 50 odd year old drunken man entertaining then good help u he turned up drunk everg night and can not sing for toffee at one point my 5 yr old nephew was told to sit down as he was danceing i dont know if this was beacause people where laughing at him or because he was scared the the man would fall on him at the end of the day he is a child and wanted t dance.The public toilets were horrid human muck all over the doors and door frames that have been there since we wher there the toilet roll was never full the soap dispenser was always empty when asked if they could be filled we just got a dirty look.Rooms where only cleaned 3 times in the whole two weeks we where there but where big but very basic you couldnt cook food in there as they had these little micro ants running about. Staff in the buffalo bar some where helpful some where not but then again one member of staff to serve drinks and do snacks i think on the odd day i would be like that as for the snacks very little choice and at some times took uo to 49 mins to do. Now lets get the big point the food well i would not serve it to my dog it was the same two choices nearly every night if you like fish you are on for a winner kids choice was very little then after on 2 occassions finding the meat not cooked proper and one of the cooks using the spatular to itch his arm then carry on cooking with it we spent our second week eating out and our nights in a different hotel as we couldnt stand it any more so what little money we took we spent on food. After returning home from a different hotel my 13 yr old daughter pressed the lift for us to go to our room when the lift opend to be greated by two young people haveing sex. I would not book this hotel again but the island has some other lovely places to stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank vikianne76
Stockport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here my hubby n my son who's 8.

We enjoyed the holiday but as mentioned there are a few pointers that id def agree with:

1) pool was freezing far too cold in my opinion hardly anyone went in it except kids
2) food was basic n not always hot, not much choice but was ok don't forget this is a 3 star not 5 star!
3) toilets were awful, there was excrement on the walls which was disgusting
4) not enough dunbeds round the pool everyone was reserving them going on trips etc! Management did take towels off beds not occupied though which was good
5) staff in buffalo were never smiling mind you not surprised as they had snacks to cook and to manage the bar!! The woman with glasses was especially rude n gave dirty looks n got snacks wrong every time! She chose to work there!!
6) entertainment was abysmal nothing whatsoever except a drunk bloke singing elton John n another one neil diamond a total joke he even made a lewd comment to me of which I was disgusted with
7) the most annoying is that we were told our all inclusive was until 12 when we checked out but after speaking to jet2 rep she sorted out us keeping bands on until we left (5pm) but the management did not stick to the agreement!! I will be emailing jet2 about that!

Overall id say it's ok for a 3 star just need a few tweaks, change buffalo staff, book normal entertainment, clean toilets, more variety at tea times etc n all inclusive to last until you leave!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Debsgaz01
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from at stay at this hotel that I could only describe as FAULTY TOWERS. We'll start with the good points 1.room good size 2. Great sea view. And that's your lot... Now for the bad points.
I would not class this as all inclusive having to wait 45 mins for a small plate of chips in buffalo bar as only one server supplying food and drink. Also my wife was given attitude from the ladies in the bar on a number of occasions this is not what I call customer service. Also only one drink at a time so a walk from the pool to the bar for drinks and your not even allowed swimwear in the bar. The selection of snacks was small burger, chips, toasties and hot dog was your lot. And for the small list of snacks it took an eternity to make on average 40 mins. Also some days there was no chips only one type of ice cream no cheese etc...... Surely they could get this from local supermarket....... The entertainment stated In this hotel was a drunk man in the buffalo bar every night on one night he came on stage in a football kit to try to explain he had fell asleep and forgotten his outfit so will be back in half an hour. Now that's what I call professionalism.
Now for the main restaurant..... where do I start on the first night we were greeted with a smartly dressed man who seemed to like to feel the men in the party hence are nick name of touchy feely.... his restaurant was poorly run hardly any choice 2 dishes mainly fish in sauce and meat in sauce then rice chips salad pasta. And that was the same for the 2 weeks.... No selection for kids the odd tray of chicken nuggets which the refilled with garlic bread when asked. Hence after the 3Rd day of the same we decided to eat out
...yes eat out when I had paid for all inclusive. Also we arrived at 12noon and when the kids had dived in the pool there was no turning back so the wife went to get them some chips from the snack bar which was closed as restaurant open. So she decided to go to restaurant to ask for some chips in container for kids to be confronted by touchy feely who replied with a stern No.. Great start of customer service. The food was generally tepid ironically there was a microwave oven next to the hot plate. The dishes were not refilled regularly they were left until finished well hardly ever finished as poor quality it tasted like a tin meal every time. Also basic hygiene was poor using same utensils on raw chicken as other meats it was a wonder no one contracted a serious health issue. The signs on the food were a giggle, they would put butter in front of margarine.... and one of their Spanish dishes was labelled as chicken in custard... Yes chicken in custard obviously being opened minded I tried this to find it was actually chicken in mustard...... As I tried to get moved from this hotel I decided to take some photographic evidence for my complaint at home. So one morning me and the son went down for breakfast before the girls there was no beans in the tray and the orange apple and coke was out on the drinks this was the fourth day. So when the wife came down I decided to start snapping. I was then confronted by a crazed Spanish pancake maker wielding a spatula in my face. My son was scared and I was astonished I continued to snap but was overcome with waitresses and him shouting in Spanish ti each other and giving me and family dagger looks. I was appalled..... As your wondering with all this trouble why wait till we got home we actually filled out 3 A4 sheets of complaints in the reception over the holiday and nothing done. And if you think it was just me we were talking to other people around the pool in the same situation complaining every day. Now to me that is not a relaxing holiday. If your thinking of booking this hotel if your a couple wanting a cheap base please just book self catering as there are some fabulous restaurants out in caleta....which are very reasonably priced. If your a family please avoid this place with a barge pole as there is nothing for the kids. If I was returning to fuerteventura I would probably go self catering as the food and drink is very well priced in area.
REMEMBER FAULTY TOWERS POOR FOOD AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE YOU BOOK THIS PLACE

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Andrew S
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel states all inclusive when you book (this is a false statement) the food is disgusting no choice i woud not even feed my dog this. Its all sat out for flies to sit on, and lettuce for breakfast (who has that???)
The bar staff lady is very rude and she gives dirty looks when you ask for a drink (a smile does not go far,people work hard all year for a holiday and to pay your wages!)
The pool is small and more for adults.
I had to eat out most nights as no variety and the meal options were so bad.
Basically a good location but i would never recommend this as an All inclusive. No entertainment either only a drunk man wobbling around trying to sing.....Terrible!!
My advise to Risco Dorada...... you are no Ritz i know only a three star but i would never rate it as this with your meal choices. Maybe your staff/chef should eat at a nice hotel one night in the area to get some guidance on what a decent three star offers.
If anyone stays here maybe just go self catering as lots of nice restaurants nearby ( i recommend Fado Rocks, i even saw the Risco staff eating there shame they dont cook like them though.
Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview