We have just returned from a four night break to La Tahona Garden. We arrived with several couples as we had organised the shared transfer. The two couples we arrived with were told that the hotel was overbooked and they would have to go to their sister hotel down the road. When this was questioned the couples were told 'it is ok it is the law we can do this'. I do believe that this has been a problem in the past as well. Thankfully we didn't have that problem but we had booked a two bed apartment and when we got to it, it was a one bed. I went down to reception and was told that they were fully booked and had no choice. However, we were moved the next morning after I was quite adamant that we were not staying in a one bed when we had paid for a two bed. As I say we did move but there were no apologies.
The apartment was adequate, very clean but in need of some updating.
The food was OK, nothing really exceptional and sometimes a little cold but there was always something. Drinks were really good, lots of choice and plenty of it.
The staff were polite and there was one waiter at the pool bar who was brilliant.
We have one grouse and that it the usual idiots who put their towels on the sunbeds at 7.45am and don't actually come to use them until lunchtime.
All in all, we had a good break but I don't think I would like to have spent a week there. The hotel lacks any atmosphere and is very clinical. Bright lights all over even in the bar in the evening when it would have been nice to have something a little more subdued.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set 600 metres from the Playa del Castillo Beach, Bungalows La Tahona Garden is located in Caleta de Fuste. It features 2 freshwater swimming pools. Tahona Garden is located 8 km from El Matorral Airport, in the east of Fuerteventura. Free WiFi is available in reception and La Tahona also has a TV room with satellite channels. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the restaurant, while snacks are available at the pool bar. La Tahona's main swimming pool has a separate section for children. Surrounded by a sun terrace and gardens, free sun loungers and parasols are provided. There is a multi-sport area, and you can play pool and bowls. All of the apartments have a furnished terrace or balcony, bedroom, bathroom and living room/dining room with sofa beds and TV. Satellite channels, WiFi and a safe are available for an extra cost ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your LABRANDA La Tahona Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tahona Garden Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- La Tahona Garden Apartments Hotel
- LABRANDA La Tahona Garden Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste