Arrived at 9pm with my wife and 2 tired children to be told by the lady on reception that the hotel was overbooked even though we booked months in advance... Asked to speak to the manager only to be told no manager here . "Don't worry you stay at another hotel for 3 nights and then come back here for 4 nights. This very normal for peak times , we do this every year" Had to then pay for a taxi to another hotel the broncimar which fortunately was considerably better. When we returned to la Tahona garden upsetting the children who had made lots of friends we realised at least 8 other families had also been shipped out to different hotels at the start of their holiday. La Tahona Garden is very basic . The food is shocking! Most lunch meals are reused in some form or another . Eg pork casserole for lunch becomes pork and sausage pasta for tea.. the food is usually cold and we ate out 3 times rather than suffer anymore... The only plus point Is the ice cream Is nice... The outside bar and pool area is nice and the sunbeds are locked up until 8:15 each morning stopping any struggles for beds.. The rooms are very basic but clean and the animation woman who is meant to entertain the kids does pretty much nothing . The worst kids rep ever! She would occasionally play uno with 3 or 4 kids if pestered and play the odd game of pool but that was it - no organising any games at all. We as a family are easy going and not fussy at all but the food was terrible and purposely over booking the rooms is not acceptable.... Never again . You have been warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set 600 metres from the Playa del Castillo Beach, Bungalows La Tahona Garden is located in Caleta de Fuste. It features 2 freshwater swimming pools. Tahona Garden is located 8 km from El Matorral Airport, in the east of Fuerteventura. Free WiFi is available in reception and La Tahona also has a TV room with satellite channels. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at the restaurant, while snacks are available at the pool bar. La Tahona's main swimming pool has a separate section for children. Surrounded by a sun terrace and gardens, free sun loungers and parasols are provided. There is a multi-sport area, and you can play pool and bowls. All of the apartments have a furnished terrace or balcony, bedroom, bathroom and living room/dining room with sofa beds and TV. Satellite channels, WiFi and a safe are available for an extra cost ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your LABRANDA La Tahona Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tahona Garden Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- La Tahona Garden Apartments Hotel
- LABRANDA La Tahona Garden Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste