Booked this even with some bad reviews – you have to read through some of the complaints – which were insignificant to me.
Arrived and parked right outside the main entrance. 2 large suitcases and no porters or ramp to help to get down the 2 steps.
Reception was very large with only 1 receptionist trying to book 5 groups in. Staff sat in a rear office – but no additional help arrived. We had to wait 30 mins as we where the 5th.
The suite/room was OK but certainly not 5 star – The settee was badly marked with spillages etc and we had to put a sheet over to keep ourselves clean.
The Bathroom functional and tidy- good shower etc.
The Kitchen functional, but missing any tea towels, washing up liquid or a cloth to clean anything – when I called reception they said we had to go buy them ourselves… I asked them if they where are 5 star hotel – they did not comment. No tea or coffee provided or any mineral water (you have to drink bottled water).
The hotel does not have WIFI or internet connection in the rooms – it is free however from the reception area (but not what you would expect in today’s world.
Swimming pools were OK, but very cold and no one was using them. The sun beds plentiful – but poor maintenance of them made them awkward to open, position etc etc.
We did not try any food in the hotel – so cannot comment.
There was some entertainment in the evening (but I would rather do my own thing anyway) which did not seem well appreciated by the few who did attend. The hotel bar was lifeless – so we gave that a miss also.
Overall - I would say the hotel is trying to be run a shoe string, hotel maintenance not done and simple penny pinching everywhere.
This is a long way short of a 5 start hotel in fact I would give it a 3.
For what we paid 70Euro per night (via hotels.com) for a suite (with a real front on sea view) it was not bad (inc 20 Euro upgrade for the view), you need to look at reality of what you are paying – you would not get a 5 star for that – thus think logically and not emotionally.
Would I go back – maybe!
Was it good value - possibly.
Will it be open in 6 months – not too sure! Without modernisation and better maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Geranios Suites & Spa is an ideal place where you can have a vacation with your couple to relax with our sea views in a privileged and quiet environment. We have a spacious suites that include living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and terrace/balcony. If you just want to remember a pleasant rest come to our SPA and Wellness area. But if you want to come with the hole family you will enjoy in all our spacious common areas like our swimming pools, tennis corner, squash, fitness area, kids club with 5 playrooms, animation and a lot of activities near the hotel (camel riding, surfing, quad biking, golf and many other family activities just 100m from the hotel). We are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Onthebeach, TravelUp, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solvasa Geranios Suites And Spa
- Solvasa Geranios Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Solvasa Geranios
- Geranios Suites Fuerteventura
- Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste