our 2 week stay straddled end of sep/into oct so outside the 'school hols' period which meant the hotel was much quieter than it would be in the peak season. No it isnt a 5* (which it was meant to be when it 1st opened) but if u accept that (which we did & the price we paid reflected the downgrade) then its not bad at all.
The hotel itself is MASSIVE but barren - the manager when i talked to him said 'solvasa like the minimalist style' (ummm, couldnt help but think that meant 'strip out anything/everything that costs money to maintain').
& the rooms you stay in are HUGE - 2 entirely separate rooms - separate living area & ensuite bedrooms (beds themselves are HUGE as well) - both fully airconditioned & cleaned every day during our stay. Bathroom was very 'posh' with glass basins etc.
As i said the size of the hotel is HUGE - we had a 200yd walk along the corridor from reception to our room. Yes the hotel itself was / is need of some regular TLC (cobwebs & dust all over the HUGE plate glass outer walls) but that is prob due to it becoming an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel (us included in that) so owners solvasa may have cut back on 5* stuff to stay in business.
Food & drinks ALL day adequate - nothing special but always found something to eat. Evening bar did have 1 glaring & baffling fault - there was no OUTDOOR seating area to sit out & enjoy the warm nights. You had to stay indoors & slowly get overheated as the aircon was totally inadequate or you got bitten by the rather large number of mosquitos inside the bar area. We have never stayed anywhere in world that hasnt had an outdoor area.
For this reason we only used the evening bar twice during our entire stay preferring to sit outside next door at the nearest CHARGEABLE bar.
Staff were all good & did service with a smile - even the receptionists who had to apologise every day as the ADVERTISED 'free wifi' was 'down' for 1/2 our stay there - router had gone bang & had to wait for 'solvasa IT' to send & instal a new one (not whilst we were there).
All inclusive WAS tho an incredible saving as both drinks & food OUTSIDE the hotel was very expensive - in fact generally HIGHER than in UK - & that included even LOCAL drinks & food. We had a meal for 5 at a local restaurant 1 evening & paid €177 (ouch) - just 2 courses & drinks. The local 'english language' paper had a front page saying ALL INCLUSIVE was killing the bars & restaurant trade - well @ those prices normal families just cant afford to 'eat out' on a regular basis so that is why ALL INCL is fast becoming the preferred option for us tightening our belts brits !
Yes hotel IS right under flight path of airport & they fly right over your head every 15 mins during the day - but we soon get used to that & no night flights so you get a good nights sleep (rooms double glazed as well).
All in all we had a good stay - great weather too (which is what REALLY makes a hol after all)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Geranios Suites & Spa is an ideal place where you can have a vacation with your couple to relax with our sea views in a privileged and quiet environment. We have a spacious suites that include living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and terrace/balcony. If you just want to remember a pleasant rest come to our SPA and Wellness area. But if you want to come with the hole family you will enjoy in all our spacious common areas like our swimming pools, tennis corner, squash, fitness area, kids club with 5 playrooms, animation and a lot of activities near the hotel (camel riding, surfing, quad biking, golf and many other family activities just 100m from the hotel). We are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Eurostars, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solvasa Geranios Suites And Spa
- Solvasa Geranios Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Solvasa Geranios
- Geranios Suites Fuerteventura
- Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste