Eurostars Las Salinas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Villa El Descanso(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Broncemar Beach(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Beachfront
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Pool
Club Caleta Dorada(Caleta de Fuste)
View Hotel
Aparthotel Caleta Garden(Caleta de Fuste)
2,670 results
All reviewsgeranios suitesjunior suitepool barseparate kitchensea viewself cateringlarge bedroomfree safesalt waterspa hotelreception areasitting roomsmaller poolon tapreception staffevening entertainmentcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here for a week with friend. Large complex but like a ghost town. This place is one on its own, very individual architecture and fabulous well equipped apartments yet when we stayed 34 guests and roughly 10 staff inc. reception but did they work and multitask!! Overall it was a great stay, very relaxing and short stroll into CDF and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Thomas Cook have just taken it on and I do personally hope that it boosts their trade as was spotlessy clean and had everything on site that anyone could possibly want, the only problem seemed to be lack of guests..... oh well, at least we got a whole buffet to ourselves.. heaven!! Food was limited but what they did serve was of a good quality and the only niggle I had with the Dining room was if you asked for a drink that wasnt in their remit they would get it for you but would let you know it was a favour to you so immediately you felt guilty and thankful to the restaurant staff at the same time!!
The major problem was that if you didnt make the meal times you didnt get fed, there were a few curled butties on the pool bar but that was it and this is not my experience of AI, this was the biggest let down and the owners need to review this as it will deter any return guests.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank candy1502
Reviewed 31 January 2012

the place looks great as you arrive, and the rooms are nice but a little lacking in care and cleanliness, our sliding door to the bathroom was broken and although we complained about it nothing was done, the self catering kithchen had no glasses no tin opener and most important no cork screw, no coffee maker or kettle .these were put in the room once we pointed it out . the position of the rooms and balconies are great and the hotel was very very quiet, there was a lot of cleaning going on while we were there ,and it was badly needed. it is not a 5 or a 4 star as it says it is it's a 3..star

1  Thank bcc99
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I should know better than to book 'blind' with Lastminute as I have been disappointed before. I was clearly misled by them, as there is no way this is a 5 star hotel. I do know that hotels of this type can be awarded a star for just having a lift. That in itself is quite amusing as out of the two lifts needed to reach our room, one was out of order the entire week we were there and the other one worked when it felt like it. We were more than happy and able to use the stairs to and from our third floor room. I am not sure the large family group that we bumped into on the stairs one morning struggling down with their luggage were as happy.

We stayed on a B&B basis, thank goodness, because more than one meal a day in the factory canteen style dining room would have had me reaching for the antidepressants. Breakfast was ok, just ok. An absolute disgrace that they water down the orange juice, on the last morning it literally had become orange coloured water, disgusting. We literally went to breakfast as it was included and for fuel for the morning and certainly didnt hang about as the room is so depressing.

In fact depressing is the only word that springs to mind when I think of this hotel. The staff, depressing, the hotel bar, a bit of a joke and very depressing, the entrance, reception and first impression, souless and depressing.

The one good thing was that we were there in low season, this obviously contributed to the staff's general apathy, but did mean we had the pool to ourselves most days. This would have been made better if one of the underworked staff strolled by a couple of times to see if we would like a drink as the pool bar was shut. Instead we had to make a very long walk to the graveyard bar inside to get a drink.

The complete lack of customer care was made apparent when a poor lady tripped on a small, quite frankly dangerous step, by the closed pool bar. She was in a lot of distress and pain. My partner went to help, he went to reception to tell them what had happened. Two members of staff came up, had a look, then left. It was left to my partner and I to help this couple in their late sixties back to their room.

This is not a 5 star hotel, it's just a rather large, ugly, in places dirty, building, with hardly any guests, miserable staff and no atmosphere whatsoever. 3 star at most.

It didn't spoil our holiday, we had a lovely time, got some sun, but we won't be hurrying back.

2  Thank SJ T
Reviewed 28 January 2012

My wife and I holidayed here in March 2011. We had never stayed in a 5 star hotel before, and looked forward to the treat.
The hotel is situated close to a narrow scrubby beach which has wind-breaks made out of volcanic rocks.
The apartment was a good size with a small kitchen and good bathroom and shower facilities. Our balcony had a nice view of the sea, but also overlooked what I assume had once been a water feature with fountains but which was now empty and a bit of an eyesore. There was also a workshop directly below which could be noisy at times.
On arrival the reception staff were very matter-of-fact, and not at all friendly. There was no porter and we had to carry our own luggage on the quite long walk to our room. On reaching the room we realised that we had not been given a key!! So I had to return to reception to get one. No apology for the inconvenience!
We were on self-catering terms but soon discovered that certain essential items were missing, eg no cutlery, glasses or kettle. there was a table but no chairs on the balcony.
We made a list of the missing items and took it to reception before heading off on a supermarket shop.
When we returned we were pleased to note that our requirements had been met and my wife flopped down on one of the newly delivered balcony chairs only to discover that it was filthy with dust and grime that transferred to her clothing. At this stage we were beginning to look for the hidden TV cameras thinking that no one in their right mind would deliver furniture in such a state. So, after my wife changed her clothes it was another trip to reception and, to give them their due, they undertook to have the soiled clothing laundered. Which they did very efficiently. On this occasion we asked to speak to the manager as we felt that he must be ignorant of what was happening in his hotel. He condescended to speak to us in English but did not seem to be surprised at our experience and told us that we aught to be making allowances for the extra bookings they were receiving as a result of the troubles in Tunisia and Egypt. In the 2 weeks we were there the place never seemed to be more than 1/4 full so what it would have been like without the extra bookings I dread to think. By way of compensation he offered us a free meal in the restaurant, which we accepted. The dining experience, and the air of captive misery that hung over the bar whenever we passed by, made us very grateful that we had not paid for "all-inclusive",

And that was only the first day! I could go on but won't.
The architecture is quirky to say the least, you get the impression that the designer had built a lot of prisons before tackling this.

I would never return to this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone. It is not 5 star, it struggles to make 3 stars. In fact, I probably would not go back to Fuerteventura again. We are booked and looking forward to going back to Playa Blanca, Lanzarote this March.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 17 January 2012

this is the 2nd time we have stayed in this hotel and never had any complaints. as we were repeat guests, the hotel upgraded us to a full front sea view. the rooms are very spacious and have a fridge, cooker and microwave. the restaurant food is ok. there is always something there for everyone to eat. the staff are very friendly. i would definately go back there

5  Thank shandyb