“Quiet Tranquil Holiday”

Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 13 July 2012

What a hidden gem. This hotel is perfect if you are looking for a relaxing holiday away from the crowds. When we went middle of June it was very quiet, think probably only about 20 guests in the whole hotel. The buffett was not running as they didnt have enough guests so we had all our meals cooked by the chef personally (celebrities eat your heart out!!). The all inclusive was a bargain as all drinks were included as well as food. Rooms are big and very comfortable as well as having a kitchen. Do not book this hotel if you are looking for a hotel to provide evening entertainment or you dont enjoy being one of a handful of guests. The time we were there it was mainly spanish, english and german guests but most were aged 40-80 years old. The gym was the only thing that let the hotel down, I know people with more equipment in their homes!! However the staff are very attentive Antonio in the restaurant is a wonderful host. I would definately go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank KSaint

Reviewed 8 July 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 years on the run I can't find a better place to stay. The staff are really friendly and always happy to help. The room was very clean!! I really enjoyed my stay very much and already planning on returning next year! it's close to all the local bars and restaraunts perfect location and a very relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Sophiesophh
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We just returned from there, booked all inclusive which turned into a school diner base,We were fed
exactly like kids in the school canteen with choice of no more than three dishes for lunch and two for the evenings, no choice whatsoever.I never knew such a form of all inclusive.We paid lots of money and got nothing. Every night we were out for our meals. the hotel couldn't be more depressing.Wherever you turn is empty and bit spooky . The worst is that this was my son first holiday abroad with me, he is only fourteen and recently come to live with me. I wanted to give him a nice holiday.This hotel is not capable of catering on all inclusive base,they are only good for self catering. Rooms are very spacious and clean although there already signs of declining . After all I don't blame the hotel it's all about "ON THE BEACH" they should do their homework before start marketing the hotels,because this one is very much away from the truth and is a complete rip off.The place it's
not even five stars it's officially four which is also misleading.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank polyab
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

We arrived today so i can only give my opinion so far,
Ok this hotel has fantastic views when u arrive outside, very friendly guy at check in desk , the lobby area is huge this Hotel has got amazing potential . So the room is very spacious , sitting room & bedroom , the bathroom is very modern and i just had a fab shower loads of hotwater nice hot temp too.its perfectly situated , 2 mins walk to supermarket & resturants & beach too. Only a few little tweeks and it could be perfect , no kettle in room, no shower robes, noisy railings outside room rattling in the wind , bit of a gap between door & frame which makes the room a little nippy, bit scarce on towels which im sure can be sorted easy enough. Might i just add we are a young couple in our 30s who have stayed in some of the most exclusive hotels all over the world and just happened to book this last min so all in all i think its a lovely clean spacious hotel and would definatley recommend it .

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Siob37
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Booked via travel agent, just wanted a break and took Geranios Suites as sounded good. Very worried by previous reviews but hotel, staff and resort really very good. Hadn't holidayed late March and early April before and weather just starting to settle down and get hot. Hotel and resort fairly quiet but room huge, well looked after and with half board not a lot using restaurant but food was not to bad at all and I'm quite fussy but overall liked the choices there. The staff were very good and I hope the hotel prospers as I would definitely go back. The resort was very good indeed and the prices not a rip off like too many other destinations. Airport was probably the best, most efficient I've been in for a long while. Overall I think the hotel is very good indeed and it was obvious the staff were trying to make it as pleasant as possible. A very relaxing hotel, resort and island. Give it a try and I hope to be back to hotel again.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 3 May 2012

As the review below stated, I had read some of these bad reviews before going and I was getting worried about what awful place I was going to end up.... I am very happy to say I had an amazing holiday, The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the finish on all the rooms and the main body of the hotel is stunning, beautiful marble and slate, glass double sink in the bathroom. Even though we didn't pay for a seaview we still had one from the veranda- had a peek at the superior suites before I left which was breathtaking. The staff are extremely helpful, polite and always smiling. The pools are beautiful so I have no idea what one of the earlier reviewers was on about talking about needing to be seven foot tall? I am 5ft five and I assure you I could stand up in all of them.
As for marketing- they need to do more, get more people in the hotel as its so under used, what a bargain for 350 pounds incl flights. Used the spa also which was again a luxurious experience, one of the benefits of how quiet the hotel is we had it to ourselves. We also eat once at the buffet restaurant, food was fresh and a good selection available. The hotel is right next to the beach, the resort of caleta is dreamy- beautiful sandy beaches , not too busy, relaxed atmosphere- perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle. I didn't want to come home xx

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank funkyj30
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We recently booked a superior suite for a 1 week half board break. We had read some of the more negative reviews but were prepared to give Los Geranios the benefit of the doubt. Having arrived there what can I say other than it is probably the worst place I have ever stayed so much so that we paid a supplement of €80 to get out after one night.
Why was it so bad ? To start we had booked a room with 2 bedrooms but turned out we had a double room and a very thin sofabed which was very uncomfortable. The room was dirty with large cobwebs in the room.
The buffet in the evening was very limited ,dried up and cold. There were only 10 people in the hotel and no atmosphere whatsoever. Worst of all the whole place was extremely dark and gloomy and frankly depressing .
Most of this can be put down to the architecture - what person would design a beachside hotel with a restaurant with no view or terrace, a swimming pool overlooked by concrete apartments with no vegetation and views of the sea. The restaurant and lobby are underground with no views , dark and dated.
The only positives was the bathroom which was nice, a useful kitchenette , and the room terrace was OK.
None of this can be put down to the staff who try their best but whatever you do- DON'T BOOK

Room Tip: Don't book your holiday here
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level
#2 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
Occidental Jandia Playa

Been to Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!