We came back yesterday from a weeks all inclusive with our two children. I had booked this holiday about 2 months ago and got an amazing deal. I was really worried when i read all the reviews...I am a pretty fussy person and have very high standards!!!!
We had a junior suite on the third floor. Beautiful view across the beach. It couldn't have been lovelier. Apartment was great. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen area and large lounge. Really impressive apartment. Cleaners cleaned well every day. We put used towels on the bathroom floor and they were changed as required. Sometimes the floor was still a bit sandy after a clean but on the whole it was done really well.
Food was really good, huge selection and really fresh. My only small complaint is the restaurant felt like a canteen....this may be the case with all inclusive everywhere? The waiters and chefs worked tirelessly.
Pool was great. Salt water, so goggles definitely needed for children. Water was quite warm and very clean. Pool area was very clean and tidy. We saw very little of the pool tiles coming off as mentioned on previous reviews. Sun loungers were nice and well maintained. Pool bar was a bit basic. One member of staff for all drinks and food. Food available was sausages, burgers, chips, cake and ice cream. A bit basic but OK. Bar area was sometimes a bit scruffy and grubby looking. One member of staff doing too much!!!!
Hotel in general is pretty ugly. Has a 70s, industrial feel. Reception is very open plan with sofas, chairs etc. These badly need updating. Really uncomfortable and some chairs are frayed and just look really scruffy.
Evening entertainment was DIRE!!! The only act that was good was a male singer on Monday 25th August. He was excellent. The rest were frankly embarrassing. Kids loved the magician and falconry show!!!
Bar was a disaster and I heard lots of ,people complaining to reception. Only one member of staff and the queue for drinks was often 12 people long!!!
Reception staff were really helpful and kind. One receptionist even offered to bring some superglue from home to mend my little boys necklace!! Having said that, the hotel has a very impersonal feel. It is big and guests are permanently checking in and out. There was very little staff/guest interaction, Basically you were just left to get on with it. When we checked out, the chap on reception didn't even day goodbye!!!!!
On the whole, for the money we paid, it was good.
We visited the nearby Sheraton to pick up a hire car. The Sheraton is 5 star and the difference is massive!!!! BUT, the Sheraton is at least double the price. You get what you pay for at the Geranios.
Room for improvement in a few areas. Reception seats need updating or mending. Extra member of staff at pool bar and evening bar. These small improvements would make such a difference.
On the whole, we had a really good holiday for the great deal we got.
Hotel was busy but all guests were very nice. Very child friendly. No lads/girls groups. All either couples or families.
The only massive downside....after a weeks all inclusive, I have put on 4lbs!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Geranios Suites & Spa is an ideal place where you can have a vacation with your couple to relax with our sea views in a privileged and quiet environment. We have a spacious suites that include living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and terrace/balcony. If you just want to remember a pleasant rest come to our SPA and Wellness area. But if you want to come with the hole family you will enjoy in all our spacious common areas like our swimming pools, tennis corner, squash, fitness area, kids club with 5 playrooms, animation and a lot of activities near the hotel (camel riding, surfing, quad biking, golf and many other family activities just 100m from the hotel). We are waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Alpha Holidays Limited, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solvasa Geranios Suites And Spa
- Solvasa Geranios Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Solvasa Geranios
- Geranios Suites Fuerteventura
- Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste