“Dont Bother”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Skegness, England, United Kingdom
“Dont Bother”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed here for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and were glad to go home after 11 nights. Believe me!!! We ate out most of the time because the food was not that good. It was always cold and mostly pork which is ok if you want to eat pork everyday! On a plus note some of the staff were really nice.
The rooms are ok but not that clean even after the maids have been in! You have to pay 3 euros per day for the tv which we payed for as the weather was terrible whilst we were there but what a dissapointment that was.
Entertainment is very basic. If you want to see Artists etc then do not go here. All you get is the Entertainment Team with the same entertainment every night. Bingo etc. Dont get me wrong they were a lovely team but you do get fed up of the same thing night after night. I personally would not return here neither would I recommend it. Do not go.

3 Thank Tracey B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2011

we stayed here for 4wks nov/dec and really enjoyed our holiday.we could not fault the hotel and the staff were excellent. we felt that the behaviour of some of the british guests was deplorable and we felt ashamed to be british.the food we really enjoyed even my daughter who is veggie was happy as there was plenty of choice for her too both hot and cold food the salads were very nicely presented we cannot understand why people complained so much the thomas cook rep we found was also very helpful, we hope to return to this hotel for another long stay. .

Room Tip: high floor 3000 to 3020 best
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank RINGSTEAD99
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed here in January with my sister, rooms very modern and clean, pool view. Food very nice, we are fussy eaters but always found something nice to eat. Entertainment ok. i would reccomend this hotel to others and would consider going back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lauren t
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2011

wonderful, brilliant, first class. its the people that stay there spoil it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank holidaymaker385
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We were really worried about this hotel after reading the negative comments but can honestly say we have just returned from this hotel and had a lovely holiday! Ok so maybe the hotel itself is located in a street rather than on the beach front but it takes 5 mins to walk to the beach and into the resort itself so I don't see this is a problem.
The rooms were spacious and clean-some people seemed annoyed that you had to pay if u wanted to use the tv - who on earth goes on holiday to watch tv anyway??
Another complaint seems to be the food. I've been on many AI holidays and the food here is no better or worse than any of them, in fact there was a lot more choice than some hotels I've stayed at! People were moaning that chips were served at every meal - yes they were, along with other potatoes, rice, pasta, meat, fish, veg and salad - since when is offering choice a bad thing? I honestly think some people go on holiday actually looking for things to find wrong so they can complain! I heard one guy complaining to reception staff that it was too cold to use the pool. Like the hotel can control the weather - Unbelievable!! The staff there, especially the bar staff work very hard in the face of some very rude behaviour from holiday makers which frankly made me feel embarrassed to be English!
All in all you get what you pay for and for a cheap week away this hotel was great value and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2011
11 Thank Katface10
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Just returned from 7 nights at this hotel. Booked with Thomson's and got a very very cheap deal on all inclusive.The only good thing about this hotel is that communal areas were clean and also the bedroom was clean, no maid service twice a week but no problem having to make your own bed on a couple of mornings.
During our stay the hotel was full of beer swilling, rude, obnoxious and foul mouthed Brits whose idea of going on an excursion was leaving their seat to go to the bar and back again. People started drinking as soon as the bar opened at 11am in a morning and were still sat in the same place when the bar closed at 11pm.
Only stayed in the hotel bar one night and the entertainment consisted of the Thomas Cook reps trying to get people to make planes out of pieces of paper and which ever flew the farthest won a prize !!!!! Decided I would like a cup of coffee to finish off the night until I discovered it was served in a pastic cup.
The food was generally awful, breakfast being the best when cereals and toast were on offer. Could never find an empty table either at breakfast or the evening meal. This was a huge restaurant ( more like a canteen ) and there appeared to only be 4 staff on duty at any one time. These staff worked extremely hard and always with a smile on their face.
The food in an evening was terrible was lukewarm and either under or overcooked. If you like pasta or pizza you should be ok but both these were also lukewarm.
Last visited the resort of Costa Caleta ( then Caleta de fuste ) about 18 years ago and the resort has definately not changed for the better.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter how little the cost. Spend the extra few quid and stay at the Thalasso Spa or the Antigua, in fact anywhere apart from here.

Room Tip: Higher floors at the back have less noise
5 Thank chris110757

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I will be as honest as possible and leave out the emotional stuff that colours a review. Firstly, it is not a 3 star plus hotel, I would rate it a good 2 star having travelled to over 20 countries and comparing it to them. The good points, excellent clean resort (not the hotel), the beach is fantastic when you find it (15 minute walk), clean sea and I mean clean, no worries on that score. The brochure claimed all year sun but the weather was mixed and I am told it can be like this for several months of the year (I blame the Thomas Cook brochure for this). Yes I know, it is not the fault of anyone for the weather but it is the fault of Thomas Cook and their wording in a brochure. Stay at the 4 stra Barcelo and you will have no worries staying in the resort. Thwe food at the hotel was ok but nothing special. We found out that the hotel kitchens only get 12 euro to feed each person for a whole day and based on that they perform miracles especially at breakfast (forget the sausage, stick to the curly bacon as we called it). Lunch was ok but they do send the meat over to dinner in the evening but the BBQ night was very good. So I rate the food at 60% good..The room was spacious but needed updating. A visit from a cockroach in the room was a surprise but I'm told the island suffer from cock roaches (don't know) but in warmer climates these things can happen. Having been to tropical countries I've had worse in my room. I would say it is worth paying more for a better hotel in the same resort. The beach/sea is very clean and safe for kids. Also take plenty of extra cash for trips as there are many and look fairly good although we did not go on any of them.

Room Tip: choose a room in a better hotel
1 Thank terry b