“Fantastic Family Holiday”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Family Holiday”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Wasn't sure what to expect as we had read mixed reviews. Good food, lovely staff, great location. We were away with our 2 yr old and she loved it. So good we've booked to go back in June. Only thing that wasn't great was entertainment and I believe that's changing next year.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank srarchan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
west lothian
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just back from a week here, the hotel is ok nice pool area just a pity it does not get much sun, the rooms were nice quite big and spotlessly clean, all the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Now the worst part the FOOD my god it was just the most tasteless I have ever experienced you got by for breakfast and lunch at a push, we ended up eating out four nights out of the week as the dinners were so bad, I am not a fussy eater at all but I struggled find something that I could enjoy. All I can say is thank god the bread and butter were good !!!! as for the drink lets just say we came back with healthy liver !!!

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week and had a nice time. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The room itself was a little dated but was cleaned thoroughly each day and our towels were always replaced. There was a good variety of food although it was hit and miss quality wise. The pools were freezing and would be better if at least one was heated. I had a full body massage which was very nice. All things considered we had a good holiday but there are some things that could be improved.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 793KathA
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just got back from a great holiday . Would have been better if the hotel was any good . It is very dated in need of a good make over . Food was what you expect . If you could find a table to sit at to eat it . What ever time you went in you struggled to get a table . Round the pool tiles are cracked in the pool tiles are missing . Sun beds when you could get one in the sun are very old ones . The few chairs round the pool area are all faded and old . .. The bar at night ... Don't know what time the people come down to get there tables . We came in a few times from the beach and there where no tables inside . That weren't a problem there are plenty in the alley way . With all the smokers . Drinks are ok . Your only allowed two drinks a visit which is ok it keeps the queues down to minimum . Rooms are basic very basic ..... Beds are on wheels so if you move around at night because you are hot because the air con doesn't work very good . It moves around the room . The couple of times I went reception they weren't very helpful . Needed to exchange more money one time . so I could go out and sit at table comfy with a bit of room ... They don't do it .. Never said where I could go . Banks where shut . Luckily there a shop around the block that exchanges money . ... That's the rant over ... The resort is great a place on our regular trips out we chat to a good few people that went self catering villas . They paid a lot less ... To get there .. So my only tip go self catering . And visit this great resort .. Or a different hotel

Room Tip: Try a different hotel or go self catering
2 Thank Schase117

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Food was always cold not nice some of the bar staff were rude the pool was in the shade and too cold to get in and only the top of the pool area was in the sun so not many people could sun bath the rooms were very clean luckily we had a pool view which was nice but would not stay again

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Emma7791
Sandilands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Having read the reviews for this hotel I was fairly confident I could put up with a basic place for a quick weeks break, as long as there was a pool, sun lounger, bar, and reasonable food what could go wrong? Well, in short, everything. It was bad. I echo the review written by Jason H and have a few more bits to add.
The main pool only gets the sun in one mall area due to the height of the surrounding building, and getting a sun lounger in this area is no small achievement, believe me. I was there from Saturday until Tuesday (at which point I pulled the plug and moved elsewhere) and didn't manage to get one. The roof terrace proved too windy for comfortable sunbathing unsurprisingly; remember we're talking about a Canary Island in November, so not really the hotels fault, but as this was the only other option to lying in the shade by the main pool I tried it and lasted for about an hour. Enough said.
The room was basic but not a deal breaker in itself, it would have sufficed no problem if other aspects were better. As I said, I wasn't there to be fussy, just for a quiet break.
The food?.....my word, what can I say. Lots of words spring to mind, but dire is the one best suited in my experience. I ended up eating out in the nearby town getting knowing looks from waiters when they saw my 'All Inclusive' wristband. That spoke volumes in itself.
I arranged to see my Thomas Cook rep on the Monday of my stay as I'd had enough of the place. She quickly sorted out an alternative hotel nearby and I gladly paid the extra £300+ to get out.
The poor staff, bless them, were running ragged and didn't engage at all.
In my opinion this hotel certainly doesn't warrant a 3 Star rating, everything from the plastic cups to chronic entertainment smacked of desperation and lack of attention. If you're booked to go there and are reading this I hope you have a better time than I did, and I'm sorry if this review is disconcerting for you. However, actions speak louder than words and I moved out as soon as I possibly could.
Caleta de Fuste is a really nice little place and Fuerteventura itself is stunning!

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I am a travel advisor (so i know my thing when it comes to a holiday) i stayed here in July 2013 with my family of all age groups.
I would highly reccomend this hotel for familes or couples. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. I do think they could have better hotel entertainment, they did have kids mini disco and entertainment and some shows. The rooms are very clean and the food was good and i have a 5 year old son who can be a fussy eater and he ate loads for the whole two weeks. :)
The area itself is a good location and its a lovely walk along the beach. Its a nice resort and very safe. Out of all the canary Islands its is the best i have been too.
We met some lovely people staying here too. I wuld definately return as it is a really good price and the people who moan about the little silly things should enjoy themself more on holiday! You get what you pay for if you want a 5* then pay!
I had a great time and would send my customers here.....

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family