Took a week at this hotel from 24/11/2013 so please remember that when looing at this review, this hotel is 3 star but is of a good standard, we arived at about 12ish to be told that our room was not ready, but went and had a beer and a couple of hot dogs next to the pool, at about 1.30 our room was ready got our key wrist band and details of the hotel rules, meal times etc.
Our room was 3000, but they all seemed the same nice bathroom 2 single beds (yes they are a little hard) and a small balcony just what we were execpting, the views are not great but the location is. The hotel does need a little tender loving care things are a liitle worn, tiles, sun beds, chairs etc, but it did not bother us that much, you are in the middle of the town so you can walk to most of the shops, pubs, clubs and the wonderful sea front, even though its in the town at this time of year it wasd not to noisie at night.
The food at this hotel seems to divide people well we thought it was good not great lots of meat, fish, salads, soups we ate well and yes things do get cold and some food does run out but chill out its soon topped up no rush, there is free beer, coke juice and coffe all over the hotel as well as in the dinning room.
We found the staff to be very good and hard working they do know how to deal with que jumpers at the A1 bar, the drinks arte fine and we never qued for more than a min or two but remember the time of year we went not sure how this hotel would cope in the high season.
caleta de fuste has a lot to offer nice walks, bars, resturants, shops and seems a very safe place we were walking for one end of the town to our hotel and felt very safe even thought it was very late.
This hotel is not the best for sun bathers as the pool area gets well shaded so go to the room top its hotter with plenty of sun beds and a great view we did not go in the poll on the roof as it was very cold, the weather was good during our week but we did have some cloud so its not all that hot on the roof.
Now my helpful tips:
1. Do not book a bus trip to you hotel if going to calets de fuste you have to wait for other planes to come in, just hop in a taxi, same when going back to the airport it took us over an hour to do a 10 min trip in our bus.
2. If you want to go out try to do it yourself, there are many trip to do but they all take you way to early and bring you back to late, try the local buses they are cheaper, we went to jadina to go on the sub cat we left at 8.40 and got back at 5.30 a long day for a 1 and a half sub trip, they stop at lots of hotels to pick people up and leave you at the result to "shop" for about 4 hours. If you do this trip or visit the resort and go on the beach there are a lot of nudistis on this beach so be aware if this is not for you.
Would we go back to this hotel maybe out of season, the entertainment is vey poor and it may struggle when busy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Costa Caleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Costa Caleta Hotel
- Ocean Costa Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Costa Caleta Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste