“Good Hotel”
Review of Hotel Costa Caleta

Hotel Costa Caleta
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed in the Costa Caleta Hotel for one week from 18 th May. I arrived we at the hotel 11 am and got the keys to my room straight away. My single occupancy room was clean, tidy, good size, wardrobe very big, enough for two people. I was pleasantly surprised, how spacious room, television old, only two Spanish channels, balcony was hug , view not the best, facing a rubbish but it was ok with me, was glad that far away from pool, no noise, peace. Air conditioning worked very well.
Pool area is good but I imagine during busy season would be difficult find the sun bed, people put towels from early morning. Most of the times i spent on roof terrace, could find sun lounger any time of the day, little bit windy, beautiful views, nice that you can have your privacy, people do not lie next to each other, can help yourself with the beer, soft drinks, coffee.
The breakfast was good with fried eggs, streaky bacon, beans, fresh tomatoes, fresh bread, cold meats and cheese, fresh fruit juice, doughnuts and small breakfast pastries, cereals, yogurts. The coffee not to my taste but i had my own kettle in the room to enjoy real coffee.
The lunch was not too bad, soups were nice, especially cold tomato, very refreshing. Very good choice of fruits, better then expected for the 3 stars hotel, good selection of salads, vegetables. I did not like any of the deserts, flavored creams made from pockets, cakes made with same creams not very nice but i have seen many people enjoy it. For desert liked only poached pears in red wine, it was really nice, same had for the dinner.
The Dinner was similar or some case worse, tasteless, overcooked meat, fish cooked fresh on a grill was dry and unseasoned, after trying few times the fresh cooked meals o the grill i gave up cause it was impossible to eat. The mussels were really nice cooked to my surprise, well seasoned, never had enough. The deserts were same,nothing special, ice creams were ok, little bit watery. During the meals time, i never struggled to find seat or had to queue for the food . It was dress code to create special atmosphere for dinner time but people did not follow that, what to follow if you have your drink from plastic, often it was not enough glasses.
The beer was good, sangria nice too, white wine was not too my taste, gin seemed watery, not very strong. In the evening bar was busy most of the time long queues, sometimes drinks were served in plastic.
I enjoyed my stay in Costa Caleta Hotel, loved location - close to the shops, bars, beach not far too, everything what you need for relaxing holiday. Payed very little for the holiday because fly with Norwegian Air was incredibly cheap. Definitely stay again there if my whole holiday cost only £300.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Agne83
Write a ReviewReviews (3,212)

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My overall review of this hotel so I will get my negative comment out of the way 1st.
The entertainment/animation was terrible...truly pathetic. A sour faced short girl who wandered around making no effort at all and a tall girl who we seen now and then in the background this 100% needs improved we usually really enjoy games during the day having a laugh with them all and then a wee show at night. These girls are in the wrong job!!!!!
Staff of the actual hotel were lovely reception maid bar restaurant all lovely people and all spoke perfect English.
Food was delicious - 5 meat eaters 1 veggie and a baby. We all enjoyed our food and always had full plates and full bellies. A few of our party are fussy Eaters but we were all satisfied dailly.
Drinks were good and didn't taste watered down at all to me.
Sangria was delish.
They have the beer wine sangria juice and coffee on taps for you to help yourself during the day at pool and at meal times which is very convenient I think.
Rooms are what you expect clean tidy good size cleaned regularly by maid towels always replaced. We unfortunately had a bit of a rubbish view facing onto houses and the street but actually I think a pool facing room would have heard too much night time noise there was a rather rowdy polish group who loved their late nights :p always having fun.
Pool area is good but I imagine during busy season u can always get a bed.
The pool is nice and big there is a smaller pool that mostly the kids played in and a baby pool and a park area for the kids with a slide seesaw etc really good.

Hotel has lots of restaurants and bars around and lots of shops we enjoyed wandering round quite a bit and ate out two nights. The Indian Restaurant that is glass surrounding and green signage smelled delish we couldn't resist.
We also went to a lovely Spanish themed restaurant was lovely I think it was called el patio we were greeted with a glass of cava and our meals were lovely.

We didn't look very hard but we never seen any clubs or late night dancing places around theyr maybe there tho.

We never booked transfers a taxi to hotel from airport was only €10 for 6 seater and baby seat.

Beach also walking distance.

Watersports close by which we never did but I wish we did.

€3 taxi to Atlantico centre where we went bowling and to mcdonalds and there's lots of shops and eateries and stuff for kids outside like trampolines mini go karts and it's on the beach.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
14  Thank nichoc0
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Myself and my husband who are in our late fifty's stayed at this hotel from the 16th May 2014 for 12 nights all inclusive, on arrival we were greeted by pleasant reception staff who spoke excellent English, the room was large and spotless and the maids cleaned very well every day except Tuesdays and Sunday's they helped in any way they could. The pools were clean and monitored for water quality, the areas for the sunbeds were swept and hosed down every night.
The breakfast was good with fried eggs, streaky bacon, beans, fresh tomatoes, fresh bread, cold meats and cheese, fruit juice in three flavours and cold water with doughnuts and small breakfast pastries.
Lunch was burgers, chips and hotdogs for the kids with at least four different hot meats, fish, vegetables, pasta, potatoes, chips, salad and cold meats and cheese with ice cream, fruit,cake and flavoured whips.
Dinner was much the same, it did get repetitive but if you like differently flavoured meats and fish some were cooked fresh on a grill every night you will probably enjoy it, I being a vegetarian struggled to find anything but salad, chips, potatoes and pasta.
The coffee, local spirits and beer was good, the mid morning and afternoon snacks were the usual pizza, hotdogs, burgers and chips, you could get small cups of ice cream free from the pool bar in the snack times as well.
When you book specify a pool view as the balcony's on the outside of the hotel especially on the sea view are very cold and windy.
The entertainment was a sham, the previous team had just left and they had no entertainment at all for the first six days and when they did get two people they were dreadful, a game of water polo in the afternoon for adults and kids disco at night, they did have the odd outside show come in as in birds and animals which you could have your picture taken with for 20 euros!!!!.
The shops are a few minutes walk right out of the hotel and the beach is a seven to eight minute walk, the shortest route is down the side of the Barceló Fuerteventura Hotel
There is a place called piers in the shopping centre near the beach which has a brilliant act on every night, Rat Pack, Blues Brothers, Songs from the Movies etc., but if you want a good pint turn left out of the hotel at the end turn right then first left and walk across the road to The Kings Arms!!!!, The owners and staff are lovely people and so friendly, they have an act on four times a week and karaoke the other three, they have John Smiths chilled in cans, we went there almost every night and had a brill time.
We enjoyed our holiday but would not go back again, once you have done it that's it unless you are willing to explore the rest of the island, it is very windy there but don't let it fool you if you miss the smallest area with thirty factor it will not stop you burning as you cant feel the heat even through the cloud. Hope this review helps Norma and Dave Skegness Lincolnshire

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor between1063 and 1072 , 1066 was our room and it was right ab...
9  Thank norma p
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from Fuerteventura , where we have spent two lovely weeks in Caleta, hotel Costa Caleta .
As my title says there is a limit to what you get for a low price that is what this hotel is all about. Very well kept, very clean and friendly staff, which is very important for every holiday.
But there is things that show why is reasonably priced and I will mention some .
One very important one is that they run out of certain foods and they don't actually have any more to bring out, it has happened three times to us (evening meal) it was beef twice and fish once. I do understand that it could happen at the end of the dinner , but it was more than one hour before dinner finishes, so at ten past eight no beef and dinner is till nine thirty. That is bad even for a low cost holiday.It should never happen.
Ok that might have been then and it might not happen again,who knows.
Another not a very good thing is- there is no maid service twice a week, so your room does not get cleaned and also you do not get fresh towels, you can manage not to have your room cleaned, but you most definitely need clean towels.
There is a satellite tv in the rooms, but to use the tv you have to pay, it isn't a deposit, it is a charge , I haven't been anywhere so far (we do travel a lot and been everywhere outside Europe too) but never experienced that before.
It didn't matter to us, we don't watch much tv even at home, but you couldn't see what was happening in the world, couldn't see any news.
I am not really bothered so much about all this, we have still had a good time and enjoyed it, also we are going on some more holidays this year and one of them is Maldives , so it isn't as important to us, but I do like to tell people, mention these things so they are aware of it , because this might be the only holiday they will have this year and you do want your holiday to be as perfect as possible
Like I said holidays are to be enjoyed and by the end of the day it is what you are used to , so it might be perfect for some and not quite so perfect for others .
It is always nice to have a break , so perhaps it is worth trying this hotel

4  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have just returned from our 2nd holiday at this hotel and I'm glad to say that it hasn't changed, the staff are fantastic and very helpful. There is so much choice of food it's hard not to try a bit of everything!! I must also recommended while you are there to take a tour on a trike, it is an experience you will not forget. We also hired a car for two days to see a bit more of the island. Whilst there my mobility scooter decided to stop working and after being given a name by another wheelchair user we ended up in Miraflor Mobility Hire where we couldn't of been treated any better.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room do not book one overlooking the pool.
6  Thank billnightingale
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great friendly hotel, spotlessly clean, roof terrace superb.
Stayed in room 1047 no view but after a day of extreme heat the room was in the shade and the air conditioning was excellent.
Food good standard they have a lot of nationalities to cater for, staff friendly and hard working.
Cant fault it not sure what people want it was a very good 3 star.

Room Tip: Make sure you try the Dog & Duck as this will be your new local.
6  Thank LynnScott15
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just got back from a weeks holiday with family (wife/kids) and brother/ sister in-law.
Hotel was excellent, from check in at arrival through to check out. We were given rooms 3000 & 3004, both twin. Room was a bit small when itcomes to a twin bed, cot and sofa bed, however for the amount of time you are in the room it was manageable.

Had to mzke sure you were down at pool early to put towels on the loungers, but watch out for the creep of a lifeguard who wil move you if you are not youmg, female and don't have your cleavge on display. Reception will not help you out with him.

After reading reviews, yes food is repetitive, pasta and fish everyday, however you are in a medterainian country so what moe do you expect.

Entertainment team of Arran, Becky & Gemma were great, very limited resources at their disposal but worked extremely hard and well. Our daughter loved the mini disco at night and the kids games during the day.

This was a really good hotel in a great location, and I would definately come back again.

Room Tip: Don't get top floor with young kids.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family