“Would definitly use this hotel again.... Brilliant !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Costa Caleta

Hotel Costa Caleta
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Kent
“Would definitly use this hotel again.... Brilliant !!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fantastic resort, fantastic hotel, rooms clean, thought the food was excellent, staff friendly..... Make sure you sent your alarm if you want a sun bed though - beds chained up till 8 am - however there was plenty room on the roof area which we enjoyed..... See you again soon

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank gsn1970
Hotel H, Director hotel at Hotel Costa Caleta, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear gsn1970

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Costa Caleta and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are grateful you took the time to specify it. Our friendly and efficient staff is always motivated by comments like yours.

We hope that you will continue to give us the pleasure of hosting you when next you are planning your vacation as we look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took our 3 kids July/Aug for 2 weeks, the first two day's we ambled down for sunbeds after 9am and managed to get 3, our smaller kids don't need them as there aren't enough to go round and I'm not selfish enough to leave others short. Anyhow on the 3 day my hubby couldn't sleep so went down to sit by the pool and leave me in bed, this was around 7.30. When he came back to the room he showed me photos of the sunbeds all lined up with towels on and not a soul around, apparently the done thing is for the customer to take their towel down to the poolside and lay it on the ground where they want their bed so when the beds are unlocked it's a free for all with everyone grabbing the beds and setting up for the day. This is totally unfair for the newbies but after 2/3 days everyone is doing the same. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in all my life. What doesnt help is the limited amount of sunbeds and not enough space pool side for the amount of rooms. Unfortunately it was us British that were the main culprits, but the French came along at whatever time of day and sat on whatever bed they felt like no matter what was on it! The all inclusive food was ok if not a bit poor and lacked variety, I was pleased on the first day to see paella, but after seeing it another 27 times it became a family joke. The staff are fab and will help you however they can and the rooms are clean and presentable (they do need a bit of TLC but with being open all year it most be difficult) The zoo is an amazing day out were you get to actually touch a giraffe and an elephant's trunk which is just wow!!! If you want good tasty food and somewhere to lay in the sun try The San Jorge round the corner, its more expensive but worth it

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Newyorkfan40

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your valuable feedback about your recent stay at the Hotel Costa Caleta.

We take note of your comments. Your feedback constantly helps us in improving our standards and the service to our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my Girlfriend stayed back in July and for the price we paid we can not complain.
Firstof all the hotels cleanliness was first class, rooms where spot on, and spotless, staff, very helpful, drinks in plastic glasses were a disappointment, food was not as bad as everyone bangs on about, would I go again... yes I would !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nicklaus2014
Hotel H, Director Hotel at Hotel Costa Caleta, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Nicklaus2014

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Hotel Cost Caleta for your vacations, as well as for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travellers.

Your evaluation is of special importance to us. The fact that we continue receiving positive reviews like yours is proof of our commitment to consistent and quality service. Your recommendation of our property is also encouraging our Management and staff who ensure that your vacation is relaxing.

We also hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Visited this hotel in May 2013, very clean, two big pools & large roof top pool, two roof top jucuzzis
entertainment most nights. Lovely location, walking distance to beach, don't forget to feed the fish off the jetty, a must is to go & feed the chipmunks, go with entertainment team or you may not find .them. Help yourself all day to soft drinks, lager, wine, tea & coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynn425
Dear Lynn425

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Costa Caleta to spend your vacations.

We also hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from the 1st August for a week all inclusive with my family (9 adults and my 10 year old daughter). We checked in without too much trouble after arriving late. You are only given 1 room key at check in but you can ask for more. The lady on reception with dark curly hair was helpful and would provide members of our group with additional room keys whenever they asked. She would only ever deal with one customer at a time but when it was your turn she would help you as much as she could.
The rooms were spacious however the floors were never properly cleaned, our feet would get filthy so I took to walking around in a damp towel after a shower to try and clean it. I always put the towels in the bath when they needed changing just like they do at other hotels i've been to and this seemed to work. I was in when the maid changed the bedding one day so I know they were also changing the sheets although I know people have complained about this. The beds really do sound like you a rolling around on a crisp packet whenever you move even slightly which made me laugh as I remembered reading it in another review.
This hotel is certainly made for couples as even though there are only two chairs on the balcony which I have read complaints about in other reviews (although this has been the same at every hotel I have ever stayed at), they also only set the tables for two in the restaurant.
The food and drink really is terrible, I have stayed at many 3 star all inclusive hotels in the past and this is by far the worst as far as this is concerned. I tried the different dishes they had out but it was mainly just undercooked rubbish. There is an area that has a sign saying 'children's buffet', I think this must of been a joke! At breakfast they put out what looked like a stew pack in one tray, sweetcorn and ham in another and green beans and carrots in another. At dinner it was things like cauliflower and sprouts, artichokes or aubergines. Luckily for me my daughter ate toast or fruit at breakfast or pasta and bread at dinner.
The drinks are ridiculous! Hot drinks and fruit juices are only available in the restaurant at breakfast! If you want one of these drinks with any other meal then get it before you go in. Nothing worse than sitting down with your food and then realising you have to traipse around the hotel going to other machines while your food gets cold. Not everyone can drink fizzy or alcoholic drinks!
Speaking of which the spirits are more like syrups, disgusting!
The sunbed wars are a joke but this is the managements fault. They unchain the beds at 7:30 but the pool doesn't open until 9:00 and the sun never breaks through until about 11:00 so it's a sea of beach towels until then. We often seen many beds with towels left on all day, whats the point of getting up and reserving a bed only to go out all day and not bother to use it?
The pool area does need repairing as my daughter sliced her thumb open on a tile while holding onto the side of the pool and my sister sliced her leg on another. Some of the Sun beds and all of the chairs around the pool and roof top terrace need replacing, perhaps this will be done as part of their ongoing refurbishment programme.
We never seen the entertainment as the area it is in isn't big enough to accommodate more than 50 people. We went out to other pubs but did call by the bar on the way out and sometimes on our way back in and found the queues weren't that bad and they would serve you a drink in a glass if you asked, they would also serve us more than two drinks but we weren't exactly asking for a complex round of drinks.
The hotel has an indoor multi use games court, gym, play park and games area with table tennis, table football, 3 pool tables.
The hotel is in a superb location and I think this is it's main selling point. Restaurants nearby are cheap and food is lovely, we found it best to book tables at Fado's and the indian on the corner as they were really busy so expect to wait for you food, it will be worth it in the end.
Fuerteventura is brilliant for families, there are little play parks everywhere, our daughter loved the water park and you can feed nearly all the animals at the zoo including the elephants and giraffe. The sand dunes are also worth a visit.
We hired a car for £92 euros including insurance for two days. This was the best way to get around as it takes two buses to get to Corralejo and cost £80 for 10 of us, not to mention it takes forever.
The beach was lovely but don't forget your water shoes as it is rocky once your in the water, it only goes up to your waist but is really clear so you can see lots of fish and starfish.
We also used our water shoes for climbing across the rocky area near the hotel, it has rock pools with lots of different little fish that come out when you throw bread in, this is where the chipmunks live and you can even hand feed them.
I would definitely go back to this island again but would not recommend this hotel to anyone going all inclusive, self catering maybe if you aren't bothered about the pool.

Stayed August 2014
7 Thank Claire D
Dear Mss Claire

Regards

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed with husband and 11yr old boy from 30th july til 6th aug.We were so concerned by the bad reviews that I set up a forum and looked to change hotels and also destinations but the admin costs and price differences were too high so we decided to risk it and go with extra cash and hire a car.
The hotel was better than I had feared ,the food not as bad in fact it was pretty good and I am a fussy healthy eater.I always found sufficient choices as indeed did my family.People who think the food is bad are unadventurous eaters used to steak and chips ,have a go and try something new,you never know you may like it!!!
The queues were nothing like as bad as I imagined ,if you did eat early it was a bit busier but we never queued once!The bar was the same in the evening.The longest we waited was about 3mins,not long to wait really!!
The sunbed issue was a problem,we were not keen to sit amongst the plastic town,which was extremely busy at all times,you could however sit in the lovely terrace for all meals and during the daytime which was very pleasant.There is a big smoking thing going on in all outdoor areas though which is not very nice when you are trying to eat.
My son had the best hol out of the 3 of us making lots of friends and playing footie ,water polo etc..the hotel is very child friendly which he loved.
The roof terrace is not as pleasant as I had hoped,it does smell of sewage near the vents and is not very attractive away from the pool areas,also it is no longer adults only which is a shame.
The drinks were ok,beer on tap fine ,gin and tonic nice but sort drinks a bit hit and miss.
The animation team were good although we skipped the evenings and went out to escape the masses.
The room was clean and spacious enough for 3,nice and quiet too,pity about the costs for wifi and tv.Air con very good.
All in all for what we paid it was fine but not too my taste,too many people and not enough space.
Personally I would not return but my son would!!!!
The beach and resort were very pleasant,plenty of good restaurants and good shopping.
Prob wouldnt go back to the island though we prefer Lanzarote.

Room Tip: rooms with a street view are quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle D
Hotel H, Director Hotel at Hotel Costa Caleta, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Dear Michelle,

We would like to start off by expressing how appreciative we are that you have taken your time to dedicate this great review to Hotel Costa Caleta online.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Firstly if you have booked this hotel and are reading reviews to make sure all is ok - dont worry the hotel is ok, the rooms are clean (ish) and the area it is in is fine.You should enjoy your holiday as long as you bring extra spending money....However if you are reading reviews before you make a booking then my advice is to book elsewhere...

This hotel is "all Inclusive" and when comparing it to other hotels- you compare on a like for like, or so you think, but this hotel does not want to be all inclusive....

My biggest gripe at this hotel was the Drinks - they are ALL horrible - even the water (which is filtered tap water) All the soft drinks are over sweet and very very cheap tasting. Drinks are available from when the restaurant opens at 7.30am (you have no drink making facilities or a fridge in your room) The tea tastes like dust, the coffee is just cheap, the fruit juice is over sweet squash and your other choice before 10am is the water.
At 10am they open the pool bar where you help yourself, using nasty tiny plastic cups (yes even for the hot drinks) then theres the addition of the revolting fizzy drinks, all of these just taste of sugar except the diet cola which tastes of saccharin! You also have beer and sangria (the only drinks we could stand to have when we were there). This pool bar stays open until 5.30 - for some reason they close it at this time and you have to go inside to the main bar for any drinks after that, where you are then served to you, still in the nasty plastic cups. The pool bar is self service so we were at a loss as to why it had to close 2 and 1/2 hours before the pool closed.
We only actually stayed at the hotel twice in the evening once on our first night, where we tried desperatly to find something we could drink and one night in our second week as our daughter wanted to go to the mini disco. The Bar in the evening is Dire. You have to queue for drinks and when you are served the attitutde of the bar staff is appalling. I know they are busy but they make you feel like you are freeloading - we did pay for these drinks upfront!!! Apparently all the cocktails are pre mixed - (yup no alcohol in them). To start with you are allowed a glass - but as the night wears on its the turn of the nasty plastic cups again . They really need to invest in more staff and more glasses!. There is a bar in the lobby that they could open too - to stop the queues, but they dont - only 3 bar staff to serve everyone, clear tables and wash the glasses.

The entertainment. - The hotel is in the canaries an area known for having pretty much no rain, but this Hotel has all its entertainment INDOORS. Why would we want to spend those balmy evenings sat inside? The bar area is also pretty small,so I think you have to get there early to get a (grubby) seat. I cant really comment on how good or bad it is because we simpy didnt stay there in the evenings, but it seems to be the usual fayre.. Kids disco followed by a show. I understand the hypnotist was good from others who watched it.

The food - its samey and there is A LOT of food recycling going on. We are not fussy eaters so we could find something, when we ate there (we ate out 5 times for dinner and only had lunch there 6 times in our 14 night stay) Our daughter however struggled . she has food allergies and is fussy. Most of the food is covered in sauces (to stop it drying out on the hot plates) unless its fried. They do have "show" cooking, however they Ration this out, one very thin piece of chicken or pork each only (they really dont seem to get the concept of all inclusive!) One day the show cooking was just vegetables! Depending what time you get there you have to queue, as there is only one hot food serving area, so if its busy your food is cold by the time you sit down. When we did eat there we had lunch around 2 and dinner at 8. its quieter, though desserts would run out and not be replaced after 9pm One day there was no more ice cream - they must have had some somewhere but just didnt top it up.
As it is all inclusive, food and ice cream should be available all day - at least during their published hours of 7.30am -11pm (though thats only 2/3rds of the day of course) However after breakfast finishes at 10 there is no food for another 45 mins. The food then avaiable from 10.45 - 12 is burgers, pizza, hot dogs and chips. Thats one lot of food put out at 10.45 and not topped up again, so if you think you would like lunch at 12 you're pretty much out of luck. The Restaurant then opens for lunch 1-3 and then the afternoon snacks are served 3.45 -5 (these are dried up sandwiches and a few leftover pastries and doughnuts from breakfast) with dinner 6.30- 9.30. There are no evening snacks. so food is actually only available 10 hours of the day. You have to ask for ice cream during the day if you can find someone, though its not very nice so I wouldnt bother.
The Pool - there are two pools downstairs plus the roof terrace. it is not as big as it looks in the pictures. The sun beds are chaotic, beds everywhere. To be fair the hotel could not put any more beds out. The first week we arrived we were able to get a bed each morning when we went to breakfast between 8.30-9. by the second week you had to get up and down there for 7.30 , though beds are locked up until 7.45 -8. The hotel is very international but sadly its the British down there is the morning doing the sunbed scrum and in the end we decided if you cant beat them you have to join them! If you dont have kids go to the roof terrace. there are always beds there and a lovely breeze, there is a bar up there too and mini golf.
Rooms - You get two single beds and a pull out bed for kids all in the one room. a balcony with two chairs and a table and a fairly decent sized bathroom. There is no hot water in the mornings! The rooms are cleaned 5 days a week (not cleaned thurs or sun) you get clean towels each time its cleaned and clean sheets weds and sat. unless of course your room is not cleaned when they want to clean it.. ie you are still getting dressed..then they dont come back..this was a source of complaint whilst we were there. I think it depends who cleans your room, It looks clean but the floor is not.. as we had to wipe some water up in the bathroom one day and the towel was black when we'd done. Our beds were comfy though and the room was quiet so we always had a good nights sleep.
Caleta de Fuste is a fairly quiet resort, suited to families, there is enough choice of bars and restaurants if you do go out (and in my opinion if you stay here you will need to go out!) check out the Blues Bar in the castillo centre for the best mojitos! Fado Rock is the best place for steak (book it). Eating out is pretty reasonable
Overall if you were to stay here as a self catering or bed and breakfast guest it would be fine (they dont offer this) but really as all inclusive guests we felt cheated. If you do book here just make sure you have compared it with other half board places as thats really all you are going to get and make sure you bring spending money ( we spent an additional £700 on food, drinks etc whilst we stayed here).
We had a good holiday, we hired a car and spend most of it out and about visiting the island and at the beach!The best being Grande Plage at Correlejo. Costa Caleata was fine as a base but thats as far as it goes.

Room Tip: ask for a seview
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank watermummy
Dear watermummy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us; we take all comments, both positive and negative, very seriously, as we constantly strive to achieve the utmost level of guest satisfaction.

We appreciate all of our guests’ comments, because they help us achieve top quality service levels. We hasten to express our sincere regret that your visit fell below. We wish to assure you that our service standards are very important to us and hence worked upon each and every day.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback online and for giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. If you decide to give us an opportunity to welcome you back in the future once more.