“Good Holiday Hotel”
Review of Hotel Costa Caleta

Hotel Costa Caleta
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Booked this hotel all inclusive even though it was 3+ and not 5 star as are previous summer holiday so was not expecting great things. Arrived at hotel late evening checked in OK and was told a small buffet was left for us in the dining room, nice touch.
After the buffet went to the room and was surprised to find a very clean and decorated room/bathroom 'don't know what I was expecting' but when its 3star + you expect the worse.
The next day went for breakfast and found the rest of the hotel to be clean and in good order, the dining room was large but you still had to find a table vacant as the hotel was packed but the staff are really efficient and we were found at table no problem. The food was of a good standard with plenty of variety if you could not find anything to your liking then you must be very fussy eaters!
The hotel is in a good location with bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk the beach 10mins away .
The only downside I can say about the hotel is the pool area is a bit too small and can get very crowded so we use to get the lift to the sun terrace on the roof of the hotel, here there was bar, and small pool with 2 jacuzzi s and showers because the pool was only small it was used mainly by adults so the place was a lot quieter than the main pool area below.
For the price I paid for 2 weeks this was a good hotel but I don't think I would go in peak times as mentioned some areas could get too packed.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Costa Caleta

Reviewed 19 September 2010

Fantastic holiday had by both of us, it was a late deal booked on monday and arrived on wednesday evening. accommodation very clean and well proscented , and food very nice, weather fantastic in its 40s. Will be booking to go back and to take the family with us

Reviewed 17 September 2010

made the mistake of reading trip advisor after booking did not believe the negative reviews but alas they were spot on the standard in hotel very poor - crowded noisy dining room also chipped plates not cracked chipped - running out of cups ~All drinks were served in plastic cups if you could wait the 20-30 minutes to get served Towels like dish clothes sheets not changed all week.. Certainly not 3 star plus. The hotel was very well thumbed and dog eared. A very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Had a brill hol went last week in august, the holiday makers that had been there 4 2 weeks said that it was a bit of a nightmare the previous week for waiting at the bar for drinks also getting up early 4 sun beds but this was'nt a problem by the time we got there(still school hol time). Their were 2 brill holiday entertainers called Evelyn and a lad who's name begins with 'B' whom really made a difference doing water polo, archery, kids club etc. 10 out of 10 to them.My only Gripe is things went from our room-clothes sunglasses and a Sony PSP charger. These were reported to Thomas Cook on our return and we have had no response.
FACT.There was a notice up on T.C.board at the hotel asking if anyone had a PSP charger to loan & to see Kelly the Rep which I did(thinking I may help a child who's PSP was out of charge)leaving my room & mob number.I was never contacted but the charger vanished(Its not the type of thing you can loose from your hotel room is it?). Coincidence? also a pile of brand new clothes were taken. I searched the rooms when we checked out and they were not there.I am not claiming on the insurance but am annoyed that T.C. have not got back in touch.
All in all we did have an excellent time.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Just got back (unfortunatley) from a weeks stay in hotel costa caleta,had the BEST time ever! we didn't know what to expect after reading reviews on here,DO NOT take any notice of some of these reviews on here the hotel was great and the resort was absolutley beautiful! We couldn't complain at all,the room was very clean and the hotel in general was v clean and new. The food was great, a very wide choice to suit everybody and also themed nights! the entertainment during the day was great and was something was always happening whether it be mini golf on the roof terrace,water polo or archary.the night time entertainment was great for kids,although there was only me and my boyfriend (both 19), however the leter entertainment we couldn't complain about the a magician and brazilian dance show. overall and brilliant holiday and hotel and will hopefully we visiting again!!!!

3  Thank saz53
Reviewed 11 September 2010

First of all, I have no idea what people would have to complain about here. If you paid what we did (around £360 each for a week all inclusive) then you would have been pleased with what you got.

Upon arrival at around midday, we were greeted by the receptionist who gave us bands and our info pack. We were staying in room 2016, with a balcony looking out over another hotel, and a lovely view of the sea. The room itself was clean and spacious, although the double bed turned out to be two singles shoved together! The air con was great, we had to turn it off a couple of nights because it was so cold but brilliant to come into after a day in the scorching sun! The secret is to put a card such as a store card into the slot so that the room stays cool all day. Our towels were changed about 4 or 5 times in our week long stay, very impressive. My only complaint about the room was that my sandals mysteriously disappeared the day before we were due to leave, I can only assume it was a cleaner or staff member that nabbed them. Not happy.

I am not too sure what folks are complaining about in relation to the food. There were absolutely loads of choices, and I would be incredibly surprised if you couldn't find anything you liked. There was a constant supply of chips, cheese, pizzas and salad regardless of the food 'theme' that evening, so if you're fussy you can always have that. People seem to forget that it isn't just British people that go on holiday here, the hotel have to cater for all nationalities, so things such as rabbit stew and unusual sauces are to be expected. You can pour your own beers, soft drinks and wine at lunch time too. The desserts were the same every day, but who doesn't love a bit of flan???

Pools were nice, large, clean and the sunbed situation was not the 'carnage' we were expecting from the reviews. If you were there at 9ish, you were likely to get a bed. The rooftop pools were nice, the beds up there had cushions but you had to be quick off the mark to get them! My advice is spend a few of your days at the beach where you can hire 2 sunbeds and a sun umbrella for €9 and you will have no problem getting one down there. The beach is fantastic anyway.

Entertainment wasn't great, we went out most nights although you get your All Inclusive drink till 11pm so it is worthwhile to stay in for that. I would say though, that the drinks that they pour are so incredibly strong I found it hard to drink them sometimes! The beer is Tropical, which is the cheapest of the cheap, but actually quite drinkable. We tried the wine once, and I'm not sure if it was the tap we got it from but it was disgusting!
The kids entertainment was good though, with a mini-disco at 9 most nights, and the two Animation reps were really bubbly and fun. They also played games with the kids all day, including pool and rifle shooting, which took them away to give mums and dads 5 minutes peace!

Location wise, you have hit a winner with Costa Caleta. If you walk across and down the side of the Barcelo hotel, you can be at the beach in 5-7 minutes. The shops and pubs including Piero's, The Blues Bar and restaurants such as Paprika and Cafe Nero (our absolute favourite) are around the same distance away. The most you will walk is about 10 minutes to get to where the action is. There are a few supermarkets around the area, plenty of places to eat and a playground just up and across from the hotel.

To sum up, we loved it! We relied a lot on Trip Advisor to help us choose a hotel and we are glad we ignored some of the more negative reviews on here.The hotel is a 3 plus star, a rating which it deserves, and if you go expecting a 3 plus then you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank StephanieTelfer
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I will start with the positve it was very clean and the pool is very nice but that is it. The food was discusting and repetitive. If you want pancakes for breakfast it is a major hassle. I have a baby and they have 5 high chairs for around 80-100 young children and 2 are broken and they look like they came off the arc. The towels are all thread bearing along with the sheets having holes in them. They chain the sunbedds up until 9am but if you want one you need to go down just after 8am. I have been all inclusive before but after that holiday I will never go again. It says that it has a mini market but this has been closed down. Thomas cook should take this off there holiday deals.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
#5 of 27 in Antigua
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
#9 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Hotel Costa Caleta? Share your experiences!