“Excellent hotel with excellent staff”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Cumbria
“Excellent hotel with excellent staff”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Having recently returned to this hotel in June for our second visit we found this hotel was every bit as good as last time. The accommodation, food and staff were excellent. The restaurant in the evening was especially good as there was a wide variety of international food and the service from the staff was very very good. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and I am already looking at returning later in the year.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel was absolutely fantastic.

Staff - Friendly in all areas. Receptionists were accomplished English speakers and very helpful, the waiting staff were very attentive (although have a habit of taking plates away as soon as you have finished), but were generally very professional, and the activities guy was also very enthusiastic and motivating.

Room - Very comfortable with good quality beds. The only think I would say is that the hotel is very big, and so if you are accommodated at one of the peripheral rooms, you get a lot of exercise going to and from it to the main areas! Cleaners were of a reasonable standard, perhaps room for a little improvement but only slightly. The hotel was far from full when we stayed, but we didn't hear a peep of noise from other rooms while we were in ours. The TV channels are a bit poor, but this didn't particularly bother us as we hardly watch TV anyway.

Grounds - the grounds are lovely - very well kept and very pleasant indeed. The mini golf is a good bit of fun to pass the time and the gardens are lovely to stroll around in the evenings after dinner.

Pool - great, no complaints! There is an unheated saltwater pool and 2 smaller heated pools (all outdoor). All fine, no dirt/rubbish. You need to pay to use the indoor pool as it is attached to the spa. I had a massage at the spa - it was good value for money (65E full body) and was very relaxing.

Food - Amazing. We stayed half board and the evening buffet is a feast. We had 4-5 courses a night! Soup, then fish course, a salad course then main course, then dessert - it was fantastic. The choice is fabulous, plus every night there is a different complimentary cocktail awaiting you. The Hotel is trying to accommodate many different tastes and cultures and I think it does very well to bring the quality it does to the masses, so to speak, and this is something they really deserve credit for. While we were there we got the impression that other Brits were not too impressed, as they would prefer a more 'English' pie and peas cuisine, but it is such a shame to take this approach as you can really go to town and try out new foods you can't get (or can't cook!) at home. Breakfast is equally good - a huge selection of fresh meats and cheeses, pastries and croissants, cereals, yoghurts, breads, 'full english' with eggs cooked to your preference, omelets as you like, muffins, pancakes, and a glass of complimentary cava to boot.

Entertainment - Well, lacking. The 'Acts' they did have on while we were there were 'Cloud Nine' Jackson 5/Michael Jackson impersonators, that were actually not too bacd, if not a little cheesy, but a bit of fun, and then the Celine Dion/Cher and Robbie Williams/George Michael Act...Again, not bacd, not as entertaining as the haphazard Jacksons but passed the time just as well. The children who were there certainly enjoyed it! There is a resident pianist in the 'Piano Lobby' bar who is very good and brings a certain sophistication to the place.

Families - We don't have children ourselves, but we can see why it's a great place for them as there is a wide variety of activities for them to do and the kid's pool is great. All the children who were there were very well behaved at dinner and were rather cute really. Sure, they may be a little noisy around the pool, but hey, they're kids. The children's pool is the furthest away of the three, so they really are no bother.

Beach - The Hotel is situated next to the beach. The beach is beautiful and it is clean. great snorkelling too that blew me away!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very relaxed, civilised with great accommodation and facilities.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Wonderful surroundings, great beds in room, poor pillows though.Air con bad told only let get down to 22c (they said Spanish law dictated it, which is rubbish as we'd stayed at a hotel a few days ago which we could get the temp down to 16c if we wanted to)Food cold was searching for microwave, in fact waiter had to put our soup in it as they unplugged soup cauldron plus other heated food implements turned off.The Asian restaurant wonderful, the Med one both had cold starters(supposed to hot) my Husband ordered kid(for a change as not had it b4,, he was presented with a plate of bones,as much meat on the whole plate as a chicken wing & cost a bomb! Mine was much the same, having the lamb.Not the standard you would expect for a Sheraton Hotel.The sunbeds made my joints terrible,the worst sunbeds!In our 6 days of stay, not once did we had our room mopped or wiped,my husband accidentally broke a glass object on our 1st aft. I was taking glass to bed from my feet until the last night!! The main areas/corridors never hoovered round Also, for a Sheraton you would expect free internet in your room not the ridiculous amount they want you to pay plus for the "snack bar" around 16euros for a toasted sandwich, hence we went to local supermarket!All in all, great setting, ... thats all!!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here with my Wife, son and parents in Law.

Check In: Fast and efficient.

Room: Nice big room with massive balcony and view and all modern facilities. Bed very comfortable. Not great selection of English stations on TV.

Prices: Crazy, Far to expensive. Most guests eat away from the hotel due to the very high prices. Thankfully there are plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from.

Food: We had breakfast and room service. Breakfast was average for a sheraton but not amazing by any means. Room service food was awful and especially after the price I paid.

Pool: Amazing!! Plenty of sunbeds (november) lovely heated pools as well as freshwater pools and kiddies pools. Very nice and relaxing. The only negative was the smell of sewage near the outside bar and toilets. This really did bother me and made me feel a little sick to be honest.

Location: Great, right on the beach and very well located.

Reception: HORRIBLE, there was a German receptionist who when I asked her to explain how my room charges were wrong, basically told me they were not wrong and that I was wrong. She was the rudest and most unprofessional staff member of any hotel I have stayed in. She really made me feel miserable and is in NO way fit for a customer facing Job. Thankfully I had a chance to put my complaint to the duty manager who listened to my complaint and said he would deal with it.

I would give this hotel a 5 + star if the food prices were fair, the smell of sewage was gone and that receptionist was friendly and helpful to me rather than abrupt and hostile. But I give it a 4 because of the hotel layout and facilities and rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank johnburns
London
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We've just returned from a week at this hotel. The room was comfortable, spacious, beautifully decorated. The staff extremely helpful, polite and friendly. The food fantastic. I can be quite fussy and believe me when I tell you that the quality and variety of the food offered was excellent. I was quite apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but I think the hotel management must have taken good note of the criticisms because all the areas of concern (toilet cleanliness, evening buffet...) appeared to have been addressed.
One thing they really need to sort out is their internet connection. It is awful! And also very expensive. I think a hotel of this category and price should include free Internet. It only works in specific places, which unfortunately didn't include our room. There are a few computers that can be used for free but they were out of order most of the time and when they worked, they were so slow that we just gave up.
Oh and the sun loungers are terribly uncomfortable!
Still, we had a fabulous week and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank JustMeLondon
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Visited during May, weather was fantastic, hotel clean, staff friendly. Rooms are clean and a good size.....Not sure that the evening meal is good value if you have kids as if thy are fussy (as most kids are) there is not much in the way of childrens meals. Only real moan is the condition of the sun beds, you would be lucky to find one which was not broken completly or damaged in some way. surley not beyond the hotel to invest in some more?
Swimming pools excellent, kids club good, plenty to keep them busy. Overall i would take them back.............

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank daytripper187046
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Overall this hotel is superb. We are kindly upgraded to a Junior suite which was ideal. Room was huge, with separate walk in wardrobe, separate jacuzzi / shower wet room and also separate toilet room! Balcony was big and spacious with a lovely pool and sea view.

The hotel is quite big, therefore it never feels busy.......which is great. It is also very clean and well maintained, with staff always attentive to your needs.

We stayed on a half board basis, and the choice at breakfast and dinner was varied, it included a wide range of seafood - king prawns, swordfish, lobster etc .........to different cuts of meat cooked to your requirement. There was also a large selection of other meals, salads etc which changed with the theme each evening. The desserts were to die for too!

Kids club and activities were good.......the only suggestion i would give, would be to have the mini disco at about 2000, 1730 is a little too early!

We would look at going full board next time, as at lunchtime you eat at the pool restaurant and the standard food prices there are steep to say the least! 8 euro for childrens meals, 16 euros for a toastie etc etc.....however the quality of the food was good. We tried a few place outside of the hotel to eat, but found the hotel's food topped the lot!

I would also recommend checking your room bill at the end of the holiday.......we were overcharged by 100 euros, however this was rectified swiftly and with no hassle......the problem arose due to another guest (with poor handwritting!) signing for drinks on his room and the room number on the receipts looked like our room number! Maybe instead of signing for drinks etc, the hotel could employ a system of swiping your room card? As im sure mistakes like this may happen frequently.

There was one guy on holiday in the hotel who i think is still there for one more week. He was the butt of jokes of many other guests. He was the typical 'big i am' and was often heard talking to the manager in a raised voice, so that everyone could hear! He was complaining about the most trivial issues, and also trying to tell the manager how to run the hotel because he was a big shot businessman and had stayed in many great hotels and the middle east for many years!! Most of his comments etc were unfounded and the guy just made himself look more ridiculous everyday!

From our point of view and also the view of other guests / friends which we made, the hotel was very good and we can't wait to go back! Possilby later this year!

Room Tip: Higher floor and Junior suite!