“Very Good Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Ireland
“Very Good Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We Stayed for 12 nights at this hotel during end June early July. Check in very good - requested and received room early. We were 2 + 2 and room was more than adequate - kids very happy with kids club where we felt staff were excellent and not at all pushy which suited our children (9,7) well. I would like to mention Tom who was involved in Adult entertainment and is a really nice guy - again enthusiastic but not pushy - hotel was quiet when we stayed. The Hotel buffet restaurant (we were half board) was very good - staff (esp Daniel) were superb morn and eve. Pools were very good tho a lot of maintenance (cleaning with power hoses etc} while we were there - i assume this is because it was relatively quiet in the hotel. This was not a major inconvenience as pools were all warm. Overall we had a positive experience here. Sheraton Fuerteventura is certainly not perfect but I would rate it a relatively high quality hotel at acceptable prices. Having stayed at some of the Fuerteventura hotels which are ranked higher here and also the Yaiza in Lanzarote I would suggest this hotel is definitely underrated based on its Tripadvisor rank. You will like this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank THET4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

After arriving in Fuerteventura and initially booking in at the Elba Sara me and my girlfriend were informed that was 100% fully booked, so were shipped off to the dreadful, fly-ridden and completely dead Elba Palace. After one night obviously decided it wasn't good enough and argued our case and we were offered our holiday at Sheraton.

This proved to be a blessing in disguise. After arriving at the front door we could tell this was going to be good, the hotely looked styish and modern with lots of class. The lobby area looked stunning on arrival.

Our room was a decent size albeit the bed was 2 singles pushed together. The cleanliness was very good it looked spotless. The bathroom was huge and is seperate into 3 sections, 1 section containing a gigantic bath and a seperate, yet just as big shower. All toiletries provided also. The view from the balcony was sea view, while the seats were top quality and comfy so were nice to sit out at night on. There was a mini bar (although very expensive) and lots of space to put all your belongings including a free room safe for valuables. The TV channels weren't that good (only 3 UK channels) however this didn't bother me much as the weather was too good to sit in.

Onto the food which was widely hit and miss. There was a whole load of variety, we were half board so had Breakfast and Evening Meal. Breaktast was good, the only problem was the bacon was continental so had too much fat for our liking, however everything else made up for it especially freshly prepared omlettes of your choice! Evening Meal was the hit and miss part, there was always food we had liked there however some of it was cold which was a shame because it looked so nice, therefore had to use the microwave. There were different themed nights for the food including chinese, mexican, italian and spanish. While there is also a dress code the hotel werent strict on it at all, guests in football kits and vest tops and shorts, which completely contrasted the man in the tuxedo in the restaurant.

The entertainment was near non existant, there was a local pianist every night in the lobby bar however this was just to create an atmosphere rather than a show, however on 3 occasions in the 2 weeks we were there, were a micheal jackson/jackson 5 tribute band, a tribute band for the bee gees and covers for Robbie/Cher/Celine Dion and George Michael. These were ok and made the evenings enjoyable but if there was no show on it wasnt worth the price of drinks to sit there!

The facilities were excellent, the pool area was one of the highlights, bar a few days where constructions workers cleaned one pool which caused disruption, no idea why they couldnt have done that in the winter! So yes, there were 3 pools and a jacuzzi all quite big, and while there were plenty sunbeds available some of them were broken. The pool bar was very expensive however, just an example; 15 euros for a baguette!!! There was a spa within the hotel which was available to use for a price and also complimentary newspapers and computers (slow ones) to use to check up on news.

The staff were super friendly from the restaurant to the reception. A shout out to Tom who runs the hotels activities, he is very friendly and the activities are a laugh.

All in all we very much enjoyed our stay and apart from the minor flaws which can be easily corrected this hotel is top notch and made the whole experience even better!

Room Tip: "Starwood Preferred Guest" scheme is run by the hotel company to offer benefits to your st...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Having recently returned to this hotel in June for our second visit we found this hotel was every bit as good as last time. The accommodation, food and staff were excellent. The restaurant in the evening was especially good as there was a wide variety of international food and the service from the staff was very very good. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, and I am already looking at returning later in the year.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

This hotel was absolutely fantastic.

Staff - Friendly in all areas. Receptionists were accomplished English speakers and very helpful, the waiting staff were very attentive (although have a habit of taking plates away as soon as you have finished), but were generally very professional, and the activities guy was also very enthusiastic and motivating.

Room - Very comfortable with good quality beds. The only think I would say is that the hotel is very big, and so if you are accommodated at one of the peripheral rooms, you get a lot of exercise going to and from it to the main areas! Cleaners were of a reasonable standard, perhaps room for a little improvement but only slightly. The hotel was far from full when we stayed, but we didn't hear a peep of noise from other rooms while we were in ours. The TV channels are a bit poor, but this didn't particularly bother us as we hardly watch TV anyway.

Grounds - the grounds are lovely - very well kept and very pleasant indeed. The mini golf is a good bit of fun to pass the time and the gardens are lovely to stroll around in the evenings after dinner.

Pool - great, no complaints! There is an unheated saltwater pool and 2 smaller heated pools (all outdoor). All fine, no dirt/rubbish. You need to pay to use the indoor pool as it is attached to the spa. I had a massage at the spa - it was good value for money (65E full body) and was very relaxing.

Food - Amazing. We stayed half board and the evening buffet is a feast. We had 4-5 courses a night! Soup, then fish course, a salad course then main course, then dessert - it was fantastic. The choice is fabulous, plus every night there is a different complimentary cocktail awaiting you. The Hotel is trying to accommodate many different tastes and cultures and I think it does very well to bring the quality it does to the masses, so to speak, and this is something they really deserve credit for. While we were there we got the impression that other Brits were not too impressed, as they would prefer a more 'English' pie and peas cuisine, but it is such a shame to take this approach as you can really go to town and try out new foods you can't get (or can't cook!) at home. Breakfast is equally good - a huge selection of fresh meats and cheeses, pastries and croissants, cereals, yoghurts, breads, 'full english' with eggs cooked to your preference, omelets as you like, muffins, pancakes, and a glass of complimentary cava to boot.

Entertainment - Well, lacking. The 'Acts' they did have on while we were there were 'Cloud Nine' Jackson 5/Michael Jackson impersonators, that were actually not too bacd, if not a little cheesy, but a bit of fun, and then the Celine Dion/Cher and Robbie Williams/George Michael Act...Again, not bacd, not as entertaining as the haphazard Jacksons but passed the time just as well. The children who were there certainly enjoyed it! There is a resident pianist in the 'Piano Lobby' bar who is very good and brings a certain sophistication to the place.

Families - We don't have children ourselves, but we can see why it's a great place for them as there is a wide variety of activities for them to do and the kid's pool is great. All the children who were there were very well behaved at dinner and were rather cute really. Sure, they may be a little noisy around the pool, but hey, they're kids. The children's pool is the furthest away of the three, so they really are no bother.

Beach - The Hotel is situated next to the beach. The beach is beautiful and it is clean. great snorkelling too that blew me away!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel as it is very relaxed, civilised with great accommodation and facilities.

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Wonderful surroundings, great beds in room, poor pillows though.Air con bad told only let get down to 22c (they said Spanish law dictated it, which is rubbish as we'd stayed at a hotel a few days ago which we could get the temp down to 16c if we wanted to)Food cold was searching for microwave, in fact waiter had to put our soup in it as they unplugged soup cauldron plus other heated food implements turned off.The Asian restaurant wonderful, the Med one both had cold starters(supposed to hot) my Husband ordered kid(for a change as not had it b4,, he was presented with a plate of bones,as much meat on the whole plate as a chicken wing & cost a bomb! Mine was much the same, having the lamb.Not the standard you would expect for a Sheraton Hotel.The sunbeds made my joints terrible,the worst sunbeds!In our 6 days of stay, not once did we had our room mopped or wiped,my husband accidentally broke a glass object on our 1st aft. I was taking glass to bed from my feet until the last night!! The main areas/corridors never hoovered round Also, for a Sheraton you would expect free internet in your room not the ridiculous amount they want you to pay plus for the "snack bar" around 16euros for a toasted sandwich, hence we went to local supermarket!All in all, great setting, ... thats all!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here with my Wife, son and parents in Law.

Check In: Fast and efficient.

Room: Nice big room with massive balcony and view and all modern facilities. Bed very comfortable. Not great selection of English stations on TV.

Prices: Crazy, Far to expensive. Most guests eat away from the hotel due to the very high prices. Thankfully there are plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from.

Food: We had breakfast and room service. Breakfast was average for a sheraton but not amazing by any means. Room service food was awful and especially after the price I paid.

Pool: Amazing!! Plenty of sunbeds (november) lovely heated pools as well as freshwater pools and kiddies pools. Very nice and relaxing. The only negative was the smell of sewage near the outside bar and toilets. This really did bother me and made me feel a little sick to be honest.

Location: Great, right on the beach and very well located.

Reception: HORRIBLE, there was a German receptionist who when I asked her to explain how my room charges were wrong, basically told me they were not wrong and that I was wrong. She was the rudest and most unprofessional staff member of any hotel I have stayed in. She really made me feel miserable and is in NO way fit for a customer facing Job. Thankfully I had a chance to put my complaint to the duty manager who listened to my complaint and said he would deal with it.

I would give this hotel a 5 + star if the food prices were fair, the smell of sewage was gone and that receptionist was friendly and helpful to me rather than abrupt and hostile. But I give it a 4 because of the hotel layout and facilities and rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank johnburns
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We've just returned from a week at this hotel. The room was comfortable, spacious, beautifully decorated. The staff extremely helpful, polite and friendly. The food fantastic. I can be quite fussy and believe me when I tell you that the quality and variety of the food offered was excellent. I was quite apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but I think the hotel management must have taken good note of the criticisms because all the areas of concern (toilet cleanliness, evening buffet...) appeared to have been addressed.
One thing they really need to sort out is their internet connection. It is awful! And also very expensive. I think a hotel of this category and price should include free Internet. It only works in specific places, which unfortunately didn't include our room. There are a few computers that can be used for free but they were out of order most of the time and when they worked, they were so slow that we just gave up.
Oh and the sun loungers are terribly uncomfortable!
Still, we had a fabulous week and would return without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2011
Barcelo Corralejo Bay
Barcelo Corralejo Bay
#6 of 46 in Corralejo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,213 reviews

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!