We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Sheraton Fuerteventura and we had a great time. The main thing to note is that they clearly do listen to Trip Advisor as the adverse comments made in the past few months have all been fixed. For example - the quality/quanity of food in the Veranda Restaurant was great.
- Free kids club with very friendly staff (got to mention Genny!!!) so you can walk in and walk out when you want. They even organised a birthday party for my boys.
- Tom who looks after adult activities offers a wide selection of things to do including all the usuals plus kickboxing and wrestling
- Guest Relations (all of them) were very professional and delivered very quickly everything we asked for - nothing was too much (we had a room change with no problem).
- The Premium Deluxe Rooms are very spacey - we were considering upgrading for extra room but didn't need to.
- 4 great pools - 3 heated which is great even when its sunny
- Beds - kids got full single beds instead of fold outs and the King Size mum's and Dad's were very comfortable.
- There are a lot of people there but it doesn't seemed overcrowded at all.
Areas for improvement
- Despite comments about pools above - they are a bit tired and a few tiles were coming off. Watch you're toes near the endges as there were a couple of kids with cuts toes (not a lot!)
- The sun lounges need binning - half way through a new batch of sunlounges were delivered for half of the hotel (get rid of the rest and buy a few more)
- Save a few Euros on lunch and drinks and go down to the Spar for a couple of days
- There is a cinema, bowling alley and games hall at the shopping centre
- If you fancy a cheezy night out for a top quality steak, go to Fade Rock in the town - it really doesn't look much, but it gets rammed and the food is good
Overall - yes we would return to the hotel, but there isn't much to do on Fuerteventura compared to say other Canaries or Balerics (just what we wanted). Having spent some time comparing it to our last holiday at the Sani Beach Hotel in Halkidiki, it didn't at first stack up to be the same quality (and the Sani was callsed as a 4 star - definitely a 5 star). However, after a couple of days we took this hotel for what it was - a high quality hotel with very good services and staff. It does probably deserve to be a 5 star - its just not a top 5 star.
The staff were fantastic, the hotel was very nice, the rooms were great and I think it was good value for money for a 5 star.
Also - thanks to Stuart Randall - the Sovereign Concierge!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Destinology, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf Hotel Fuerteventura
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach Hotel
- Fuerteventura Sheraton
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Caleta De Fuste