“Perfect again - can't wait to go back”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed between the 6th and 13th March 2013 on half board basis.
We did have a lovely Junior Suite so the room was large, separate walk in wardrobe, jacuzzi bath etc. The bed was huge and our request for some extra pillows was dealt with very quickly.
The suite was on the 2nd floor so the sea view was not as good as the deluxe room we had last year which was on the 5th floor. But our corner balcony caught the sun for most of the day, especially in the late afternoon and early evening. Our padded sun loungers on the balcony were so nice, sipping a glass of bubbly as the sun set was so relaxing and peaceful before dinner.
Why is the Sheraton such an excellent Resort - THE STAFF. Every member of staff is friendly, professional and always there to help you. The restaurant staff are brilliant especially in the way that greet all the children - they are just so friendly without it affecting the efficient way that the restaurant is managed. Reception staff again are also so helpful. We needed assistance on 2 occasions with outside car hire and our transfer to the airport and they just sorted it all for me, and did it with a pleasant smile. Nothing is too much trouble. The house keeping staff looked after our room effortlessly and always seemed to manage to change everything when we were out of our room, so no inconvenience at all.
As I said above the restaurant is well run in a friendly and efficient manner. The choice of food at breakfast and dinner is excellent. I would also agree with Anne C that on a few occasions the hot food was not that hot. I am sure that the plates being cold does not help in this respect. But most nights our main dish was cooked on request so it was not a huge problem.
I am sure one morning a Senior Manager - possibly the GM took breakfast in the restaurant. But he did it from the perspective of a guest. He cut is own bread, used the toaster, requested what food he wanted and sat at one of the tables to eat it. What an excellent way to find out what actually happens in your restaurant. I hope he enjoyed the food and went away happy. We always had a fabulous breakfast.
Outside the pool areas are fantastic. There is so much space around the sun loungers that you never feel crowded at all. The pool areas and gardens are kept extremely clean and tidy - everything about the Resort is excellent.
Entertainment in the Piano bar has improved this year with the tibute acts for the Bee Gees and Elvis being very good.
We will definately be returning next March 2014 and will most probably go back in October this year. It was such a relaxing break.

The Sheraton Fuerteventura is the best hotel/resort in Fuerteventura.

AVIS CAR HIRE
I did have one issue not directly in the control of the hotel. I went to see the Avis rep in the hotel lobby on Friday morning to hire a car for 1 day on the Sunday. It was obvious she didn't want to hire me a car for 1 day as she wanted to see what cars were need on Saturaday at the airport.
She said to come back on Saturday morning. On Saturaday morning she said none were available. But I think it was more to do with the fact that they don't work on Sundays and would have had to leave keys at reception and paperwork etc etc. The Avis person was not helpful at all and wanted 60 Euros inc Insurance for 1 day
If Avis are using the lobby of the Sheraton for business then they should hire cars for however many days the customer wants. Not say we will have to see what cars we need on Saturday first. Poor show Avis. In fact I ended up using CICAR for the 1 day rental, the car was an excellent Vauxhall Astra and cost only 30 Euros inc all ins with no excesses. CICAR were excellent.
Avis wanted 14 Euros or a 599 Euro excess would apply. Sorry AVIS thumbs down for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LCGWILLYM
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear ‘AlessiWales’,

I’m truly pleased that we fulfilled your expectations in every aspect and you have found everything you needed up to your standard. I’m especially thankful for your kind words about my team since I know they really take pride in their work and genuinely care about you feeling welcome. Children are our passion and it’s so easy to respond a child’s smile with another one. We hope to see you soon!

Juan Manuel Galán

Write a ReviewReviews (3,421)

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Because we had such a super holiday here last December, we decided to return for 10 days of warmth and sunshine in March. Again we were not disappointed.

This is a lovely hotel which is extremely clean and comfortable. The staff are very professional, helpful and friendly at all times.

Food is of a high standard with plenty of choice but too often hot food is NOT hot. There must be a better way of keeping hot food HOT! Thank goodness for the microwave which we used every day to ensure food was piping hot. It is only a pity that there were too many parents with young children who allowed their children too much freedom in the dining room. This made it difficult for staff but they worked tirelessly and with a smile.

Thank you Sheraton Fuerteventura for making this a most enjoyable holiday. We shall return.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne C

Dear Anne C,

Above all I must thank you for your loyalty and confidence in our hotel. I’m pleased to know that you decided to repeat your Sheraton experience within such a short period of time.

We try to improve or modify the services we offer according to the clients’s wishes. This is the reason we will be opening the space at El Faro terrace for the buffet breakfast. This space is planned only for adults, enabling you to relax during your morning time and to do it on the sunshine. We hope that on your next visit, you’ll take a lovely breakfast there.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Having just returned from a stay at the Sheraton for my Birthday, we really couldn't fault the staff or the hotel. From the moment we arrived until checkout, all the staff were excellent and especially the check-in and reception staff who went out of their way to make sure ours was a very memorable stay, high praise indeed !

The room was beyond our expectations and the view was equally as impressive. The breakfast choice was of a high standard as was the attentative service of the breakfast staff, the evening meal was of a varied choice including fresh meats cooked to your requirements, the choice of food was of a different theme each evening.

The top two swimming pools and jacuzzi were heated and all the areas in and around the hotel were spotlessly clean as were the communal toilets.

A very enjoyable stay and we will definitely be returning

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve D

Dear ‘steveleeds’,

As already said in our mutual correspondance, I would like to express once again our gratitude for posting your review and I truly hope to see you again in our resort in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Very enjoyable week's break with plenty of warm sunshine - very well presented food and good quality. There was a different country's theme each night, but no UK !! Why not roast beef and yorkshire puds and fish chips and mushy peas?!

Very comfortable rooms and huge bed - once we had mastered the air conditioning, all room facilities excellent.

Excellent pool and we could see that young families were very well looked after.

Enjoyed the nearby golf facilities also.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Anthony W,

I’m happy that you have spent a lovely week at our property. I wish to thank you personally for posting your review and the fantastic score.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I managed to get a great deal on a junior suite and we loved every minute. The room was huge with a double size balcony. It had the biggest bed I have ever seen! There was a separate walk in wardrobe and a huge shower and Jacuzzi bath. We stayed bed and breakfast only and walked into the town for our evening meal. The breakfast was fantastic - loads of choice - even champagne! The pools were great, very clean and warm. No need to get down early as booking a lounger was not allowed. It makes such a difference when you can take your time and relax without worrying about getting space by the pool. There is a supermarket about 10 minutes walk to the south, or Calleta de Fuste 10 mins walk to the north.
The only downside to the hotel was the wifi internet. I can't believe that a hotel of this quality can still charge a premium for access to the internet. Speed was very slow and we couldn't get any wifi in our room at all. This would have been the perfect holiday and I would have given it 5 stars if they could only improve the wifi ... and make it free!
We eat in at the asian restaurant on one night, but really can't recommend it. The food was ok, but very expensive... and to make matters worse, we found a dead cockroach under our table. I know it is hard to keep these things out in hot countries, but it's not the kind of thing you want to see when trying to eat. We told the staff but they didn't seem bothered about it.
Anyway, we really enjoyed eating out in the town every night - and it was much cheaper.
All in all, we really enjoyed our holiday and would go back again - no problem!

Room Tip: better getting a sea view room on the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul W

Dear ‘Paul W’,

Above all I wish to thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. You’ll be pleased to learn that we are in the process of ‘upgrading’ our Link@Sheraton situated in the lobby and to provide wifi in that area for free. However in the rooms we will keep on following the Starwood policy and charge the supplement. We are sorry for causing dissapointment to you and to other clients in this aspect.

I was concerned about your comment regarding WoknZen and will speak to F&B Mgr. Thank you for pointing out this particular incident to me.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed here during October half term and had a lovely holiday but there were a few niggles given the high price we paid.The hotel was full and the staff struggled to keep up. That said the staff were always absolutely lovely - there just wasn't enough of them!
POOL - the pool area was excellent with lots of different pools and two of them heated which was perfect for the time of year we went. The children's pool was very cute with lots of things to play with and very shallow so perfect for our youngest.
ROOM - The room was large, with a very big bathroom and kept spotless and stocked up with plenty of towels and toiletries. My only issues were that there was a coffee table with a very low and loose glass top - a hazard with a 1-year old running around - plus the cotbed had something yucky splattered down the side. But both were removed as soon as I requested.
We were on a high floor so had a view of the pool and sea - very nice for a glass of wine once the kids were tucked up in bed.
FOOD - The buffet food was really good with lots of choice for both adults and kids, but there were not many tables outside which was a shame as we always prefer to eat outside but had to eat inside on many occasions. Staff were excellent given how busy they were. We didn't try the other restaurants as they weren't open every day and we didn't plan enough ahead. Possibly the worst part of the holiday was the pool bar food - everything we tried was absolutely awful and the service was painfully slow.
SPA - We loved the spa, especially as it was virtually empty when we went in there. I had a massage too - all lovely, would recommend.
LOCATION - Right outside the hotel is a lovely beach with nice water and sandy. A short stroll away is the local town with a few shops and restaurants. We preferred to walk in the other direction to the shopping plaza as there was a fab toy shop and a few little rides and things for the kids.
OVERALL- probably would not return because it was a nice place with lovely staff but too many little niggles to say it was a perfect hol. I would recommend if you could get a decent deal but I think we overpaid.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fras06

Dear ‘Fras06’

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at TripAdvisor. I’m happy that you have spent a relaxing holiday with us and I’m sorry for the details which dissapointed you. However I was surprised by you mentioning the opening hours of our à la carte restaurants. When hotel is fully booked, both à la carte restaurants open daily, when the occupancy drops significantly, only one of them is open every day. There must have been some misunderstanding and I’m truly sory that we didn’t clarify this during your stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We were not fortunate enough on this occasion to be resident here but did use their wonderful facilities, which as non-resident is no problem to them.
Lunch by the pool in the spring sunshine was great with club sandwiches and rose wine served by smart, clean and attentive pleasant staff. Enjoyable from start to finish in every way.
The reception and bar areas of the hotel look total quality and are absolutely gorgeous especially the indoor palmery and tropical garden.
Smart staff everywhere ensuring that all is well.
An afternoon in the spa suite was again just exceptional with saunas, swimming, jacuzzis, everything and a relaxing massage all for only about 65euro each.
This place is a must for a luxurious relaxing break and I feel the Sheraton group get it just right.

Room Tip: One overlooking the pool and sea must be a good choice
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Testarossa54

Dear ‘Testarossa54’,

We wish to thank you for sharing your brief ‘Sheraton experience’ at Fuerteventura. We hope to have the opportunity to host you as a guest in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
Hotel Elba Palace Golf
#1 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!