3,753 results
All reviewspiano barwalk in wardrobela verandael faro restaurantkids cluba la carte restaurantsdeluxe roompool areahalf boardevening buffetjacuzzi bathpoolside restaurantkids poolhuge bathroomshopping centresea viewhotel is beautiful
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We spent a week at the Sheraton over new year and with strong reviews I had high expectations. On the positives the hotel was well located on the beach front, the pool area was excellent for families (bar the day they ran out of towels), the cleanliness of the hotel was good, the kids club great and the breakfast was very good in particular the cooked elements.

Unfortunately what let the hotel down was a lack of attention to detail and a real indifference from the management to take any responsibilities, from us asking to change the lay out of the kids beds (not our problem) to a lack of towels (not the hotels fault according to the general manager but the laundry). The bar was service was slow and a little chaotic.

The real low point was the spa where I had one of the most scary experiences of my life with a man purporting to be a masseuse gave up after 40 mins and walked out leaving my lying there for 10 mins before I took his lead and left.

A little more humility may have gone a long way from the management!

Room Tip: Do not upgrade to an executive suite if travelling with kids as they shunt a couple of camp beds into an already crowded lounge. Also if you are looking for a double bed please be explicit as the suite only had twins and we were told that was the same in all but two of the exec suites.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank drowningfish
SHERATONFUER, Director General at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear ‘drowningfish’,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Despite some of the positives you detailed I see that your overall impression is very negative, which I’m truly sorry to see. With regard to the Spa, we only hire certified therapists and I don’t understand your comments. Concerning the beach towels, I spoke to you directly that morning, where the laundry brought the towels 10 min late, although you were so upset that I barely could talk. I went down to the pool area to be there when the first clients arrive to explain and apologize personally for the delay. When they arrived, I brough the towels to your sunbed personally and kept handing out the towels to the rest of the clients. I think that this is the exact opposite what an indifferent general manager would do.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel Galan

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed from the 21/12 to 1/01
An exceptionally managed hotel with exceptionally helpful front desk staff. Excellent food with beautiful themed evenings. Deluxe rooms to die for. Most certainly 5 star standard. You tried the rest now come to the best. Well done Sheraton

Room Tip: Deluxe room
2  Thank Dappy1980
SHERATONFUER, Director General at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear ‘Dappy1980’,

Thank you for letting us know how enjoyable your stay with us was. I’m happy to learn that my team did everything possible to make you feel welcome and special.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a complete letdown. Location in middle of nowhere directly below landing flight-path all day long.
Necessary to walk at least 1-1/2 miles to nearest shops and restaurants other than a mediocer shopping mall situated along the road.

Close to beach, but very hazardous walk around to port.

Definitely devoted to families with children, even to the extent of prams and toddlers allowed in the bar areas after 10 o'clock at night. .

We found the excessive smoking everywhere very discouraging. Even at breakfast. The hot food buffet breakfast was never hot and the plates stone cold.

We had no television or phone for 3 days.

Room Tip: Garden rooms very dark. Upper floors with balcony would be much better.
1  Thank eliza035

Dear client,

I’m sorry to see that your holiday with us turned out to be so negative and not the relaxed thing you were hoping for. We cater for many types of guests, families included. We try to provide the same treatment and comfort to everybody but sometimes, especially with full occupancy, this can’t be achieved.
Smoking is permitted only in the back part of the terrace which is about 5% of the whole restaurant. If you inform the F&B staff, I’m sure they’ll be happy to change you to another table.
Couple of weeks ago the local telecommunications company experienced a problem which caused that some rooms couldn’t use phone for 2 days. I wish to deeply apologize for this inconvenience.
We didn’t experienced any problem with televisions and we are sorry that you didn’t inform the Front Desk, since the TV services can be fixed on the property and within 15 minutes, as per Sheraton standard.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Could not fault this hotel clean friendly staff beautiful rooms lovely location food excellent would love to go back soon can highly recommend this hotel but always ask for a high floor room we started off in garden room but complained and asked to be upgraded and had a fab room excellent service just be careful if you book with Thomas cook they only offer Garden rooms

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time for commenting on your very recent holiday experience. I’m pleased to see that we achieved to create a nice vacation for you and that everything met your expectations.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here on the 18th/19th December 2013. Fabulous complex, immaculate and clean throughout, generous sized rooms with stylish decor. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast had plenty of choice and good quality. Very reasonably priced and excellent value for money. Would definitely go back again :-)

2  Thank Michelle A

Dear Michelle,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. It’s always a pleasure to know that you had a nice time among us and that we could be part of your holiday memories which will last a long time.