3,795 results
All reviews piano bar walk in wardrobe la veranda el faro restaurant kids club a la carte restaurants deluxe room pool area half board evening buffet jacuzzi bath poolside restaurant kids pool huge bathroom shopping centre sea view hotel is beautiful
Reviewed 15 January 2014

When you spend your holidays on Fuerteventura you need a comfortable hotel with all amenities and good food and drinks as there is not much to see on the island. In a one-day tour by car or coach you have seen everything. So rent a car for a day only and take the airport shuttle bus or a taxi to and from the hotel. There is also a courtesy bus from the hotel to the golf course and shopping centre if you do not want to walk about 5-7 minutes to do your shopping.
Having read previous reviews of this hotel we were a bit cautious when we arrived but positively surprised: the parking lot is spacious and you always find a parking close to the entrance, we were friendly greeted in the lobby with a glass of cava (the Spanish sparking wine), there was no queue at reception, our bags were immediately taken care of. Our deluxe room on fourth floor was spacious with lots of storage space, a large bathroom with rainshower (it worked well) and lots of storage space as well. From the large terrace/balcony we were overlooking the garden and pools and had a nice view of the ocean (all rooms are facing the ocean, however some have a lateral view).
Buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinner offer a wide selection of freshly prepared meals in the main restaurant, where we preferred to sit outside on the terrace and always managed to get a table (we are not Spanish!). Except for breakfast drinks are not included in full-board but the house wines are acceptable and reasonably priced at €8-10. Beginning last week of November the main restaurant was closed for lunch which was instead served a la carte in the Pool restaurant. The menue there offers a good selection of meals, I recommend the sirloin steak, for instance. Both restaurants share the biggest asset of the hotel: its very friendly, polite, quick staff. We were always impressed how hard-working the waiters/waitresses are, yet always with a smile and helpful. In fact, this compliment applies to all hotel personnel although we were mostly in touch with the restaurant staff (cooks included).
Around the pools (in late November) we never had the problem to find a quiet place, although this is a family hotel and there were many kid below school age. One pool was heated.
While we found the hotel standard to be up-to-date, well-maintained and clean we find that it is not standard to charge €8 a day for wifi in your room (there is a free internet corner in the lobby though). I understand that wifi is offered by a commercial service provider and therefore chargeable but nevertheless is this policy not standard of the industry (except in Las Vegas).
For golfers: there are two golf courses nearby, one is served by the hospitality bus and promoted by the hotel at discounted green fees for hotel guests. However, if you wish to play also at the other golf course, that one will offer you the resident's greenfee rates (equivalent to hotel discount) and at quiet times make an additional special offer to attract your business.
In summary: if you come here to relax in comfort this is the very place for you

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hottedresden
SHERATONFUER, Director General at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear traveller,

Thank you for posting your review at Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to learn that my team provided you with the perfect service and you had a nice stay at Fuerteventura. I hope to have the opportunity to see you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I have returned from a delightful week at the Sheraton. We found the resort well equipped, the staff handled guests logistics effortlessly.

Some constructive feedback:

This hotel is great and popular with families. If you haven't got children and are wanting piece and tranquility might I suggest avoiding school holiday time.

This is a five star resort with the facilities to match. Might I recommend seeing upon check-in two bedroom options as views can vary widly from shady aspects to sun drenched balconies.

My only minor complaint was the queue for omelettes. Yes you read that correctly, a queue for Omelettes. Not what you what you expect, might I suggest the Sheraton invest in another chef and a hot plate as the Omelettes appeared a hit with the guests each morning.

As we stated on a B&B basis
we found a very handy Eurospar and a beach side restaurant a few minutes walk from the venue which served delicious hand made sandwiches, rolls and salads which made perfect lunch options at the poolside.

For dinner we revised Trip Advisor for recommendations in Caleta De Fuste. We tried Restaurant 15 which well give: 7.5 out of ten; Fusion 22 which we'll give 7.5 out of ten; but 555 wine and tapas were a solid 10 for authenticity, great food and wonderful wine by the glass.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Orkyouree
SHERATONFUER, Director General at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your holiday impressions. I’m pleased to learn that you have spent an enjoyable time at Fuerteventura and got to know the surroundings of the hotel and the little center of Caleta de Fuste. We remain at your full disposal whenever you’ll be back at Fuerteventura.

Director General

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I read all the reviews about all hotels on the island, I had been debating for two months before I actually booked it. yes there were a few planes now and again.not a problem .the food.. We'll how can you fault it ? Fabulous.. We were there on a half board basis, deluxe double sea view,room 452. Fab, the towels and bathrobes were whiter than white.maid service excellent,yes there were families there but if you wanted a couples only you should book that type of holiday, most parents did supervise their children at meal times,Some unfortunately didn't .overall I would give the whole holiday 10/10 perfect! we travelled as a couple and we will be going again next year .

Room Tip: Rooms above restaurant side prob the best if you want all day sun, rooms above spa sun till mid dayish
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mally L

Dear Mally L,

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I’m really delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much and it’ll certainly be a pleasure to have you with us again. Please do not hesitate to reach to us before, so that we can help you with whatever wishes you may have and find you a lovely room.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was our fourth visit to this very attractive hotel in the quiet resort of Caleta de Fuste. The hotel was very quiet leading up to the busy period over Xmas. This suited us fine, however, we felt that the hotel was not as good as in past visits because there seemed to be fewer staff in the restaurant and the cleaners for the bedrooms.

We always look forward to the breakfasts and the chef who cooks the most marvellous omelettes, however, he was not on until our very last day - he had had annual holiday over this quiet period!

The evening were generally fine but again, the hot food was not hot and there was very little vegetable choice. Thank goodness for the microwave!

I must comment on Paul's review that too many parents allow their young children too much freedom: we are not in a nursery but a 5* restaurant. It is just not fair on couples who want to eat in peace. Children need to be taught how to behave in restaurants. I'm sure the restaurant is large enough to create an area in the evenings to accommodate couples, as is done at breakfast.

I know this sounds rather negative, but overall this is a pleasant hotel with friendly and most professional staff especially on Reception and in the restaurant.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne C
SHERATONFUER, Director General at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Anne C,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our resort for another holiday. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay although it seems that we have dissapointed you in some aspects. We adapt the staff to the hotel’s needs as the occupancy or pre-opening of the Christmas season and are sorry if you didn’t see the familiar faces you know from your previous visits.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The tripadvisor reviews give a fair reflection of the hotel.
This is generally a good hotel (and I haven't found one better for a family winter break in the Canaries). Positives being:
large rooms, impresive bathrooms; nice pool area (heated pools making it great for young children); food was good (but expensive - especially if not half board), breakfast is great, kids club is OK.
things you might want to be aware of:
- in terms of evening entertainment - it is rather quite (not a problem for us) there only seems to be a kids mini discos and piano music.
- Area is quiet - but local shopping centre in walking distance. Town and harbour is 15 minute walk. As of Dec 2013 with new walkway under construction) and only a few Euros in a taxi.
Negative for me were:
- the poor response from the Manager to a querry on my bill (In my view there was a 102€ overcharge) - although I asked several times - the manager wouldn't make the time to see me and discuss (dissappointing as this was our 5th visit).
- some staff were not so polite (although most were): with spa staff and head of housekeeping letting the standards slip (nothing too bad - just a little blunt)
- Spa is beginning to look a little untidy
Overall the stay was still good value and high quality but the aspect with the manager not seeing me - means I'll (probably!) not return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are non-smoking and of the same layout/finish (not including suites of course): the annoying company website removed the cheapest ground level rooms (which I actually prefer) when selecting non-smoking (this is why I had a 107€ overcharge)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank united_always_score

Dear client,

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry if I or the rest of the Executive office seem ‘annoying’ to you, but we weren’t notified about the fact that there some ineligible charge on your bill. We do not charge our guests anything they didn’t consume and have no intention to start to do so now. Please provide me with more details about this charge of 102€ at rrpp@sheratonfuerteventura.com and I’ll investigate it. Thank you

Best regards,