We just returned home after a stay at this hotel (31st March – 7th April). I felt the need to write this review after looking at trip advisor before my stay to give me some sort of insight into what to expect on my holiday. Too be honest, the things that some people moan about are ridiculous!
We travelled as 2 families. The children ranged from 8, 6, 4 and 2. There was something for all the children to do. From the swimming pools (There are 4, which includes a baby/toddler pool, which our 2 year old was comfortable to explore without the need for armbands). A kids club (Children from 4-12 were able to attend this on a daily basis from 10-4 without fee), which included a mini play centre, craft tables and sports/games. There was a mini golf area (which was in need of a little tlc but still playable and fun!). Between 8-9 they held a minidisco in a room off the lobby area where my kids danced away for nearly an hour and then fell into bed. Our friends children were up a little later, at 8 years and 6 years, so continued for more colouring and fun in another room just below reception for supervised play between 9pm-10:30. We were able to put our children to sleep and enjoy drinks on our balcony with our friends whilst the kids played with others their ages.
The hotel is a child friendly hotel and they have done everything they can to make areas for children. In the restaurant, there is an area set aside for families. In this area, you’ll find highchairs, larger round tables to accommodate up to 8 people, microwave, babyfood, plastic plates and cutlery. The restaurant had a different food theme everyday and with these choices, there was always something for the children to eat too. I actually enjoyed having bits of everything to try. Deserts were always overflowing and you could even help yourself to ice cream of many different flavours. We booked and paid for full board, so all our meals were eaten in this restaurant. Unlike many other hotels offering a buffet style service, this hotel carried it out with style. The food was always displayed fantastically, encouraging you to try new things! Waiters and Waitresses, restocked items, tidied spills – Nothing was too much. If you didn’t want anything from the vast choices, you could always have fish, chicken or steak cooked to your liking by one of the friendly chefs! What is there to moan about?
The rooms were very spacious (we were a family of 4 sharing) ours was Room 126 which had a connecting door to 127 where our friends were staying. The bathroom was huge. A separate toilet (which my husband preferred), twin sinks (Great for getting ready) and bath and separate drench shower (Walk in style). The hairdryer was better than my one at home (really powerful like the ones in the salons). There were shampoos, conditioners, shower gels and lotion just in case you forgotten anything! Cleaned everyday – Fresh towels – Great after a day at the pool! The location of our room was great for us! With a buggy you didn’t want to be too far from things (or use the lift too much!). We were really close to both the pool and the restaurant and just 1 floor away from the reception area. We didn’t use the balcony during the day so didn’t really know if the sun was on it or not (Not important for us).
We were close to the supermarket (only a short walk RIGHT as you hit the beach from the hotel). Here there were a few shops and restaurants and some entertainment things for the kids (trampolines, gokarts & play area).
A few things to note:-
• The hotel is not too far from the airport and a cab ride cost us only €15.
• Men have to wear long trousers to dinner in the buffet restaurant. This is not negotiable! Our husbands only had the jeans they travelled in and another pair of white linen trousers. They even tried there tailored golf shorts (which were knee length and not beachy at all) but they were turned away at the door and asked to change.
• There is free Wifi only for 30 mins at a time (you can refresh afterwards for a further 30 mins). It was only available in the lobby area of the hotel. Signal seemed ok for downloading emails etc.
We had a wonderful holiday (it was the week before the schools broke up for Easter and you could definitely tell when the schools broke up. I guess the hotel will be really busy for the next 2 weeks but after that, the quite pace will return as we have just experienced. We will definitely return to this hotel. Was a great holiday spent with special friends!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf Hotel Fuerteventura
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach Hotel
- Fuerteventura Sheraton
- Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort Caleta De Fuste