“great hotel pity about noisy unsupervised children”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks returned 6 June, the hotel is great our only problem was there is no area to escape children, even sitting at the bar at night the children were running playing hide & seek in the bar area the only adults enjoying child free were the parents. Our first week there were a family of 4 next door with 2 very noisy approx 5 & 7 years always trying to access our room by connecting door, the second week we thought great they are away how wrong 2 younger children who screamed every morning from 5am till 8 all left for breakfast and we got peace. We are parents ourself and did not complain but feel the hotel should ensure bar and eating areas be relaxing for all. As I say it is a lovely hotel we are booked to return in the new year hopefully something is in place to ensure couples can enjoy themselves without feeling guilty about complaining about children.

Room Tip: If possible no children in adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia W
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear guest,
First of all I wish to thank you for choosing our resort for your very recent holiday and most importantly for giving us a second chance for coming to spend your next vacation. Although we try to assign rooms for families in certain parts of the hotel, sometimes due to the specific room types this is not possible. Please feel free to send me your bookings details, so that I can discuss your case with our Front Desk Manager (rrpp@sheratonfuerteventura.com).

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for the second time last April, our first stay was may 2013.
We will never come back & stay for a whole again if this hotel is not exceptional. The kids love to stay here, we're always busy either with kids activities organised by the yambaland staff or staying for hours on end in the swimming pools!!!!!
The staff are always helpful & accommodating, the service you wont find fault at all.
My husband & i were able to have a "date" knowing that kids were being looked after by the yambaland staff with their fun activities.
I certainly will recommend this hotel to everyone for a holiday!
We will definitely come back.
Special thanks to Barbara, Tonya & Francisco for all your help.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank noemitubis

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and trust you have in us, as hotel and as a team of people who go the extra mile to make you feel special. I’m really proud that we have achieved to create a nice holiday for you second time in a row and I hope that we will exceed your expectations in the future. I’m truly thankful for your recommendations and nice comments.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We just returned from the resort yesterday and, although the hotel was very nice and the rooms were spacious and comfortable, we were disappointed in not having a "private" balcony, as was described for our room - 404 on the 4th floor. It was far from private, as we could not only see the people on either side of us but could also hear their conversations. As far as I could see, all balconies are divided by glass panels as opposed to a wall and we did not like this feature. I would also not recommend the hotel to any couples looking for a quiet relaxing time, as this was certainly not the case. We were surrounded by children, above us, below us and the room on our right - awakened every morning by children running around, shouting and screaming and generally making a lot of noise. It would be so much nicer if couples and families could be in separate parts of the hotel, rather than all put together! The pool area was very nice but very exposed to the constant strong wind and we chose to use the beach (a lot more sheltered from the wind) which is just outside a locked gate, which you have to buzz to open, which is fine - but very infuriating at times when trying to get back into the hotel, as there is a crazy system where you have to ring a bell and then wait for someone to buzz you in - which can take an irritatingly long time! Surely some kind of code to punch in would be a better system? When coming home late at night, we on several occasions rang the bell and were buzzed in without even being asked our room number - so this system just does not work as far as security is concerned - anyone could easily enter. Room service was also pretty poor - on 2 consecutive occasions we waited over 30 minutes for some ice to be delivered - having called 3 times to ask where is was. We gave up with room service after that. The hotel room and bathroom were kept clean but it was hit and miss with the towels etc. Some days you had a face cloth (one face cloth for 2 people which was strange...??) and several days would pass before you seen another one....very inconsistent for a 5 star hotel. Food at breakfast was very good and varied, although we only used it 3-4 times out of our 14 nights, mainly due to the noise from all the kids! Staff all seemed very nice as well. All in all, a great place for families but not so great for couples!

Room Tip: 4th floor had very good views - but our room had no sunshine at any point of the day.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Margie K
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear client,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent Fuerteventura experience. I was surprised when reading your review since 404 does have a private terrace. It’ true that the division is made with opaque glass in order to maintain the light architecture features. I’m truly sorry that this didn’t provide the privacy you were looking for. We could have changed you to a corner room, where you would have only one neighbour, I hope that if you mentioned your concern at the Front Desk, this has been offered to you. With regard to the rest of the services, I would like to apologize for any inconveniences we might have caused you in different fields. What you describe is very far from our usual standard and your comments will be discussed with the Heads of Departments.

I would like to thank you once again for providing us with your honest and first-hand feedback.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very modern and beautiful decor with friendly staff makes it very inviting. Food was fine bit same again, outside pool area great for kids but not my scene to relax without grand kids. Bars quiet tended to head out for atmosphere and nice walk. TV not for Brits. Clean and great rooms with massive bath and great shower, why 2 single beds for couple? Need kettle as tea genie. Great staff very attentive when needed. Manager very much on the game as seen often checking things were going smoothly 4/5 good rating

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed our facilities. The kettle can be brought to your room upon request, you don’t mention if this has been done and I hope that my team has informed you about it. We have rooms with twin beds and with king size bed, too. This can be booked at the time of making your reservation or even mentioned at the Front Desk during your stay. If there’s availability, we have no inconvenience to move you to another room.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A one week stay at a totally fantastic hotel. Thanks to all the staff for a very relaxing week. Special thanks to reception for finding an iPhone charger, much appreciated. We can't fault this hotel and will be back. Awesome views, brilliant breakfast and lovely pools with comfortable sun loungers.

Room Tip: Look to stay on floor 4 or 5 if you want great ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travellingcouple_9

Dear traveller,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. I’m delighted to see that my team did everything possible to create an unforgettable memories for you and we’ll be certainly happy to see you again. Thank you for your positive feedback and recommendations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This hotel is great for a family with young children. We have stayed at this hotel 3 times, most recently October 2013, but also May 2013 and October 2012. Its' a great destination for a quick blast of sunshine for a few days or for a long weekend. Really quick and easy to get a cab from the airport to the hotel. Staff are always really helpful, check-in simple and rooms are great and very comfortable. The children's pool is brilliant, provides hours of fun. The beach is easily accessible through the guest gate at the back of the complex. The spa facilities on site are really good and the mini-golf is fun. There is a big supermarket just at the top of the road from the hotel along with some little restaurants and other shops (a small toy shop, go karts, climbing frame/swings) all within 5 minutes walk. The kids club staff are very attentive and they put on a kid's disco every night at the hotel. On all three occasions, we've booked room only, but there's always the option of room-service, one of their restaurants or a walk down the road.

Only fault is the service at the pool bar/restaurant. It's incredibly slow and somewhat disorganised (excuse always seems to be that they're short staffed).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank shunshinelondon
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear clients,

First of all I wish to thank you for your loyalty. I’m pleased to learn that our hotel provides you with a perfect family getaway where both parents and children are having a great time. I take a good note of your comment about the La Veranda service and will certainly consult this with our new F&B Manager. If you need any assistance with your future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me personally (rrpp@sheratonfuerteventura.com). It’ll be a pleasure to help you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My second visit to hotel , spg gold elite had a suite with jacuzzi this time . Huge rooms and balcony , walk in closet and balcony . We stayed half board but also ate at lunch at pool bar most days and ate in all restaurants . We also had complimentary spa visit as vip customers and we also had treatments . The muscular osteo guy battered me but is excellent - sore for couple days after but back was great . Nice four poster beds by pool , recognised by staff who always friendly , staffing at ala carte restaurants bit hit and miss , due to the fact you have to pay a supplement so they are not heavily used so if a busy night it can light on staff as catches them on the hop - but no real complaints as we were in no rush and staff polite ( thanks for complimentary cointreau) . For us its in between filler holiday so just go to chill - like it easy .
Hotel regarding TV is geared for spanish and german - so only 1 english tv channel world service - 45 others are not , tv functions disabled so cannot plug in tablet etc to stream. own programs on big tv .Remember to take own movies or portable dvd player if want late night movie as not geared up for the english tourist and no box office like most 5 star spg hotels .
BAD POINT as is just a rip off -Whatever you do - do no not order tea room service over 10 euro's for 1 cup. In rush in packing forgot all reviews to bring own travel kettle. In previous hotel response to this they say it is in line with hotel pricing ! I travel and stay everywhere and its the most expensive sheraton or le meridien for a cup of tea , and I do not mind paying as my bill was 2k but I don't like getting ripped off and that is my biggest gripe.
Beds are huge , powerful shower , check in and reception -slow can be light on staff . But all in all I like it here, and my complaints are minor , like hotel , like staff , like location and more than likely I will come for a 3rd time and would recommend people to stay here.- whats not like :) couple and family friendly and only 13 euro taxi - airprot

Room Tip: higher floors , ocean facing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sean b

Dear client,

Thank you for coming back to us for your holiday. I’m happy that you have spent a nice time with us however I would like to use this opportunity to provide you with an explanation to various points which although minor, could really make a difference. The á la carte restaurants are not included in the Half Board, however when making the reservation at the Front Desk, you’ll receive a voucher for 50% discount. It’s true that the vast majority of our channels are those of news and at the moment at our property we do not have the possibility for pay-movies. There are altogether 7 English channels out of 63. The service charge for room service during the breakfast time is 10€, the rest of the day is 6€. However you have coffee making facilities in the room where coffee/tea is replenished as part of the housekeeping service. Kettle can be brought to your room, please do not hesitate to call Guest Services (0) whenever you are staying with us in the future. This is information which can be easily offered at the Reception and I will comment on this with our Front Desk Manager so that we deliver a better service to you and to the rest of our clients. I hope that during your possible visit in the future, everything goes smoothly and the overall experience won’t be shadowed by these little incidents.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
#7 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#6 of 27 in Antigua

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!