“Excellent hotel in all respects”

Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Nottingham
“Excellent hotel in all respects”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed 7th-14th June. Had Junior Suite, very very nice, large room and balcony with excellent bathroom including jacuzzi bath. Food very good on half board basis. Liked pool area and bar /restaurant . Didn't like price of drinks. Beach area next to hotel very good. Used hotel Spa, very nice. The local town, Calleta de Fuste is horrible, not worth a visit. If it wasn't for this hotel and the one next to it, this is not an attractive area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Framesnottingham
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for having taken the time to post this review. It is only with your help and suggestions that we are able to maintain our commitment of excellent comfort and outstanding service. It is a pleasure to learn that your stay was to your complete satisfaction.

Fernando Molero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First off all dont book transfers to this holiday from airport as it is only 15 min from airport.
cheaper and easier to get a taxi there and back and at your time.
we have just stayed here first week in june . Four of us me my wife and two boys aged 5 and 7.
When entering the hotel it has all the wow factors.
reception and check in were all very polite and nice and easy.
All the rest of the staff were wonderfull.
hotel room and balcony where a great size
bathroom had walk in shower, bath, bouble sinks, toilet and beday.
as for reviews below complaining about mini bars.etc.
We never used them anyway as expensive. We walked up the road to spar and filled it up ourselfs much cheaper.
the kids enjoyed the kids pool and kids club.
beach is right outside and are all great but the boys dont like sand.
the food was great cant see what any complaints are bout. If you lile sea food and prawns you will love it.
I heard one guy complaining there was nothing for his five year old to eat. Was a bit embarassing to see.
if your children only eat burger chips and nuggets etc dont go as this is not that type of hotel.
luckily mine eat pasta , sauce , bread etc so we were okay. As they had pasta on every day.
as for people complaing there were to many kids.
I had my kids and there were not that many others to be honest.
and if you dont like children there are plenty of adults only holidays to go too.
overall I give the hotel a 4 star and not a 5 star.
this is only me being picky on the hotels finish in places as I am in the building game and can spot these.
some you dont need to can spot straight away like the mini golf has seen its days and needs re surfacing. Tiles by some of the pools need replacing .
but overall after seeing the other hotels in the area we were at the best place.
and myslef and family loved it and would go back again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Kurt N
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travellers your latest experience at the Sheraton Fuerteventura. All guests’ comments, positive or negative, help us to improve our services and offer better quality. I’m very happy to hear that our rooms and the whole F&B experience fulfilled your wishes and that your little ones enjoyed their stay, too.
We try to maintain the hotel facilities all the year round in the best possible service, which also includes the above mentioned shortcomings. This is the reason why the hotel pools underwent a major repair couple of weeks ago.

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Visited Hotel on 11th June for a 4 night break.This is an honest review and everything i have mentioned here was reported to management during our stay.
This is NOT a 5 * Hotel and we are not sure how they have achieved this rating. At best this is a 4* but you could find better.
In my opinion the reasons for this not being 5 * is as follows :
The Mini bar stocks only 2 cans of beer ,water, a coke and a Toblerone , when we asked for Wine,Spirits or Fizz we were told to buy it from the Bar and take it to our room , there was not a drinks menu in the room for room service.The mini bar was not replenished during our stay,this was a token gesture, not a Mini Bar.
Room service is not 24 Hrs it ends at 10.30pm
LIGHTS OUT! all hotel balcony lights are tuned off at Midnight so you are left to sit in the dark! There is not a separate switch in the room to turn the terrace light back on should you wish to sit out longer .
There is no pool service to your lounger , you can buy at the pool bar and carry it yourself.
The entertainment consists of a small corner of the reception area which spills out of the Small Bar, this ends at between 10-10.30 and there is no other entertainment in the hotel after this time.
The Large Bar/Pub on the ground floor was CLOSED.
The turn down service was not done once during our stay as advertised in the Hotel Services brochure in our room.
The food choice was quite simply adequate, the choice was limited and basic. If there are any foodies or Wine lovers out there looking for more than, "it does the job" , you Will be disappointed.
As mentioned in previous reports the food on numerous accasions was cold and not replenished if you visited the restaurant later in the evening when most of the families had departed.
There is no cash point or money exchange facility at reception.
Only a couple of English speaking TV stations.
This Hotel appears to be running on a shoe string, there are definate staff shortages and the little attention to detail you would find in a 5* are definately lacking. The rooms whilst a nice size and equipped with the beautiful Sweet Sleeper Sheraton trade mark beds are showing signs of age with marks and scuffs and outdated decor.The saving grace on our visit were the staff, who tried their best to paper over the services that the Hotel lacked and any traveller who stays in a 5* Hotel on a regular basis would expect as standard.This proved very embarassing when they had to ring the 4* Hotel next door to get us some cycles to hire.
If you book this hotel as a bargain break and don't expect 5* you will not be disappointed but if you pay full price, beware.Also as others have mentioned there are children everywhere and this may not be for everyone.
To sum up, this Hotel in my opinion is not up to Sheraton standards and many people i think book because of the name, this is a Starwood Hotel , part of the Sheraton chain.We certainly wouldn't recommend this Hotel if you want to be spoilt or pampered .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Maddieday
Stoke on Trent
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were fortunate to enjoy another wonderful holiday at the Sheraton in Fuerteventura. We stayed for two weeks in May. The weather was wonderful and we returned to the UK relaxed and refreshed. We have now visited the hotel a number of times in the last two years. We stayed in a beautiful 'junior suite' which offered us stunning views of the hotel complex and the sea.
The service in the hotel was excellent. The restaurant offered a wide range of food, we stayed on a half board basis. if you are looking forward to a relaxing holiday in a quiet resort I would really recommend this hotel to you. We will probably re-visit in 2015.

Room Tip: probably worth requesting a room on the third or fourth floors, they offer better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark L
Dear Mark L.

I would like to thank you for your loyalty. It’s always a pleasure to have you with us and I’m pleased that my team makes each one of your stays special.

Essex
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I travelled here with my boyfriend on the 2nd June for 10 nights and had the best time!
On arrival, we had help with our bags and when we approached the reception, they greeted us with our names before we even said anything! We were offered champagne on arrival (which I obviously accepted) which was a lovely touch.
The room was so nice, the bed was so big and comfortable, I wanted to take it home with me!
The view on the balcony was ok, we asked for a sea view, and although you could see it, it was half blocked by a massive wall which was a bit annoying, the balcony didn't see much sun either which would have been nice.
The pool area was amazing I thought, lots of pools and sunbeds- with a choice of double four poster bed sunbeds which were really nice.
I did find there to be not really a lot of people mine and my boyfriends age though, I'm 19 and he's 22, there were mostly either old couples or families, but that didn't really bother us too much.
We got full board, the food at the buffets were really nice, a lot of choice, they had theme nights every night which was good although we didn't eat there every day to try everything.
I would recommend the two a la carte restaurants in the hotel, they were really tasty, it was food you'd get in a high end restaurant, we also got 50% off as well so it worked out very cheap for the quality!
I would definitely return to this hotel as I had such an amazing time, I didn't want to leave!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Charlottelouise1994
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear guest,

Above all I wish to thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday. I’m really pleased that the effort and love my team is dedicating to their work is paying out and they are creating unforgettable memories for our guests. I would like to give you a warm welcome to the Sheraton family and assure you that we will be delighted to see you back, whenever in the future you’ll be in Fuerteventura.

Hasta pronto!

Normanton
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for a week with our 8 year old son. Our room was very comfortable and located on the fourth floor with a view of the pool and out to sea.

We had excellent service at the various bars and from the hotel staff. Will definitely return soon.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank archies_daddy039
Dear clients,

Thank you for posting your feedback at Tripadvisor. I’m speaking on behalf of all my team, when I say that it’s always a pleasure to have created nice holiday memories for our guests who will remember them for a lifetime. I’ll be delighted to see you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any assistance with your holiday (rrpp@sheratonfuerteventura.com).

Warm regards,

Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks returned 6 June, the hotel is great our only problem was there is no area to escape children, even sitting at the bar at night the children were running playing hide & seek in the bar area the only adults enjoying child free were the parents. Our first week there were a family of 4 next door with 2 very noisy approx 5 & 7 years always trying to access our room by connecting door, the second week we thought great they are away how wrong 2 younger children who screamed every morning from 5am till 8 all left for breakfast and we got peace. We are parents ourself and did not complain but feel the hotel should ensure bar and eating areas be relaxing for all. As I say it is a lovely hotel we are booked to return in the new year hopefully something is in place to ensure couples can enjoy themselves without feeling guilty about complaining about children.

Room Tip: If possible no children in adjoining rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Patricia W
SHERATONFUER, General Manager at Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear guest,
First of all I wish to thank you for choosing our resort for your very recent holiday and most importantly for giving us a second chance for coming to spend your next vacation. Although we try to assign rooms for families in certain parts of the hotel, sometimes due to the specific room types this is not possible. Please feel free to send me your bookings details, so that I can discuss your case with our Front Desk Manager (rrpp@sheratonfuerteventura.com).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caleta de Fuste
#1 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel
Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel
#7 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!