Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
manchester
“never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

What can i say,this was the worst holiday i have every been on.
Food poor,Service poor,Hotel poor
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jacobandolivia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
worsley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 14 nights 21/10/09 - 4/11/09.excellent room,excellent pool,gardens,grounds,beautiful hotel such a shame we had dreadful food and service.
We should have had 3 restaurants and had only one which was the buffet, dont mind buffet but not for 14 nights specially when the food was so bad. We had 2 buffet meals and that was more than enough,we demanded our money back, food and service was so bad.Breakfast was no better all the hot food was cold, on two occasions we had to report that there was mouldy bread on the breakfast buffet on one occasion all the milk was sour they took it all off and we had to make do with the tiny cartons that you have on the complementary tea and coffee trays which is not fresh milk.They had a fresh fruit basket on the buffet I only wish the fruit had been fresh the same fruit was left there day after day,it really was very bad.Dont expect a 5 star hotel to run out of marmalade at breakfast but the Sheraton did.Really very bad service not enough staff we did complain at the time but nobody took any notice.The number of people complaining was tremendous all said they would complain to the starwood group once back in the uk I only hope they do.Needs better professional managment to run the hotel

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeanjimmanchester
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2009

This is an ok hotel. Nice, clean rooms and good breakfast. The location is nothing special. The beach in front of the hotel is 100% artificial and non attractive at all. Hower, the hotel is located very close to the airport and approx half way from the nice beaches in the north and the south. So if you want to see the island and willing to drive, this is a good choice. The issues with this hotel are management / service and food quality/price. It looks like the hotel is managed by nice but completely unprofessional staff. I was served dinner by a front desk receptionist who did not know what to do. I tried two restaurants in the hotel: El Faro and La Veranda. Food quality is poor, prices simply too high and service was a joke.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank fmanci01
Bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

The hotel was lovely, staff welcoming and attentive, and our two inter-connecting rooms were large with lovely sea views from the balcony. The hotel was quiet when we were there which was surprising since it was the Easter holidays, but this meant that we had a choice of sun loungers and never had to queue at the buffet restaurant. The food and drinks were expensive in the hotel and we were charged for tea/coffee made in our room. Having said that I would fully recommend the hotel (just take a travel kettle and your own tea bags!)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

The standard in the hotel is top class the only problem that we ran into was with one of the reception staff but everything else was excellent. The pool area, the rooms, reception are all finished to a high standard. The food in the hotel is expensive compared to what you would pay down town. If you were not into the pool the beach is right outside the back door of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

I have just returned from this hotel where I stayed with my wife and baby for 6 days. Hotel itself is great. All the facilities provided are pretty nice. The room we stayed had an excellent ocean and pool view, probably the best I have ever seen and perhaps one of the few spectacular views you can find elsewhere. I booked this hotel with my accumulated Starwood Points as I'm a SPG Gold member. We have welcomed with a champagne in checkin and staff was very helpful and smiling all the time. One issue I had was, as I booked the hotel with my SPG points, I was told breakfast was not included and we were going to be charged 18 Euros pp. For that reason, we had some days had the breakfast in the hotel but also decided to have some days out. In checkout it turned out to be that breakfast was included, so I wasted my money and time to have breakfast outside.

Most of the comments says hotel is very expensive. I can't say it is cheap but not expensive compared to other Sheratons I have stayed worldwide. You can easily have a margarita pizza for 12,50 in Veranda bar, which was more than enough for me and my wife when we shared one. Cost of a beer in mini-bar was around 3 Euros, which is definately nothing, you can easily pay this amount in an ordinary bar anywhere else.

We have never tried buffet (costs 38 Euros pp), but we tried the Mediterranean a-la-carte restaurant in the hotel. What a bad choise !! I ordered a medium steak and I had very-well-done, my wife ordered fish-of-the-day which came with all the fish scales on it. It was not even cleaned properly. We were the only family in the restaurant later turned out to be only 2 tables at all. We paid around 60 euros, my wife didn't even eat the fish, we told it to the waiter, he apologized but didn't even bother to make any kind of favor such as a discount or remove it from the bill. All other evenings, we ate in the town center. There is a nice Italian I can suggest, they have good prices and nice soups. We also had Spanish paella in one of the restaurants and it was in mid quality. We also tried the Hong Kong restaurant in the shopping center which is literally 250 meters away. There is also Burger King if you cannot find anything to eat. It is very nice and clean as well.

Hotel is extremely windy. You cannot even properly swim or sunbath in the pool. Thanks to the heated pool. If you have migraine as I do, definetely not suggested because of the constant wind around the pool will make you catch an attack for sure.

We also tried the Lanzarote Timanfaya volcano tour. I don't agree with the comments here about renting a car for Timanfaya. Tour costs 51 Euros pp. If you rent a car, and assume you are 2 people, you will pay at least 25 Euros pp + 10 Euros for car in the ferry, plus 8 Euros pp for the entrance of the national park. This itself makes close to 80 Euros, plus you have the cost of renting a car. So it is the same. Also tour bus is very convenient because there is a long long car queue in the entrance of the park, you can easily wait over 30-45mins just for the entrance in the queue because of very limited car parking space. Tour buses have the priority. Plus, they give an excellent guided tour all around the craters in volcano including the 500m wide epicentre of the explosion.

So, great hotel with facilities, nice breakfast, bad a-la-carte restaurants, very windy, nice heated pool, great child facilities. I recommend it to you if you like the constant wind which I hated. I wouldn't even think about coming to Canary islands again because of this wind. I will stick with nice and warm southern Turkey.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Ozgur23
beirut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

we had a very good stay at sheraton,the staff was more than helpful,polite,smiling all the time,and ready to help whenever you need it.the hotel is very beautiful with so much lighting colors wich relax the mind,perfect room,large with balcony,incredible buffet breakfast.good location,but a little expensive,which is comprehensive for the service you get,and if you can afford it,dont hesitate to stay at sheraton.besides,the island is so beautiful and you have so much activities to do,and sightseing to visit.dont miss the oasis park,and have a relaxing walk on the private beach of the sheraton.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel
Geranios Suites & Spa Hotel
#7 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,345 reviews

Been to Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!