“Self Catering Bungalow - Does the job”

Fuertesol Bungalows
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Having read mixed reviews prior to booking I was opened minded about what to expect. For the money I have to say its good value and clean. Yes the accommodation is basic. But its got everything you need, sofa, cooking facilities, bathroom facilites and beds. We were near the pool and next to the bar. I felt the management have learnt from other comments as NO music is played from the bar so it was never noisy, the sunbeds were stacked up every night so I never witnessed any towel reserving as previously commented on. One of our lights didnt work and the shower was trickling a mere dribble but we informed reception and it was fixed straight away. As others have stated management address problems without issue so I couldnt complain. The complex is ideal as right across the road from the twice weekly African market, its 5 minute stroll to centre and a couple of minutes further to wonderful beaches. I found all the staff friendly and helpful and the willing to help. The staff were constantly cleaning and tidying up the place and were jolly at it. Towels were changed 3 times whilst we stayed, room cleaned out regularly. No complaints here. Great value for money. Yes the pool was freezing.. but once you are in, its fine. Man up people! As per previous travellers, yes I can confirm WIFI is free in all the restaurants, just ask for the passcode and they give it willingly. No need to purchase from hotel! Enjoy.

4  Thank Phoenix_food_13

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Good location only five mins from centre for bars shops etc. Staff helpful when approached for anything especially big guy in bar so friendly. Room basic but clean, we eat out and don't really use room for cooking,pool was only yards from our bungalow which was really handy. Only a fiver for hair dryer for week saves weight in your case. It turned out better then expected. Also a plus it was quietish when we were there so pool was quite quiet, sun loungers could be doing with renewal some pretty poor condition I would think it would be pretty busy in high season but we enjoyed it ok

Room Tip: Room round at pool was ideal
1  Thank Eric W
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I found the accommodation to be 90% acceptable for what we paid - which was very little, and I guess that's the point. There are many reviews of this accommodation that are unjustified, from individuals that want to spend little money but expect a lot. The bungalow was extremely basic, but clean which is paramount for us. It was a good size, nice and bright/airy. We had 366 which faced the pool. Personally I found the beds to be totally adequate - admittedly they were a bit creaky, but totally comfortable with clean linen. Extra bedding was also available in the cupboards if required. Some of our kitchen equipment wasn't exactly spotless, but we didn't use it anyway, and our patio furniture had certainly seen better days, but this is budget accommodation. The towels were changed every two days along with housekeeping. The pool area was large and quiet, with a big saltwater pool, also clean. The pool bar sold adequate snacks and drinks for a good price - not am amazing, but cheap. All the staff we encountered were polite and accommodating. We paid 10 euro to check out 4 hours late due to our flight time, which I thought was also very reasonable. The only real negative, is that there was a cockroach or two in the bathroom, but I only saw them on the last day, or I would have probably said something. All in all good budget accommodation, but its just that, so don't go expecting frills.

2  Thank Revue84
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fuertesol Bungalows is a great location.Value for money.The staff are great,particularly at the Pool Bar,especially Indy and Pascal.The food is great and good portions.These are budget accomodation,so if you want elite go pay it.It does very well,and we can 't wait to return for our third time.

3  Thank Raythehappytraveller
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We’ve just returned from 12 days here over the Easter break and we had an amazing break.

The bungalows are basic, but provide the necessities: kettle toaster, cutlery, pots and pans for cooking. It is possible to cook up simple meals in the bungalow. I’m not sure whether the freezer section of our fridge worked however, as it didn’t keep our ice cream frozen resulting in us having to eat the whole tub in one night – awful business!

The bathroom was fine; there was a shower which was always hot and powerful, over a half-sized bath. My kids loved the bath, because it was quite small, like them. The only negative I’d say about the shower was that there seemed to be a problem with how it sits in its bracket on the wall. Every now and then it would shoot off the wall and spray water everywhere mid-shower. My kids loved the bidet until they were informed it wasn’t a water fountain and were told off for drinking out of it.

A few people have complained about the beds in the bungalows. We found that the beds in the bedroom were fine, but the sofa bed in the main room was disgusting. It stank; and every time one of us sat down next to the other we accused each other of farting because a farty smell would waft out of the fabric of the sofa. It was also incredibly uncomfortable to sit on. I can imagine that sleeping on it would have been horrendous. A regular holidaymaker to the bungalows told us that these bungalows first opened in the 1980s, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that sofa was there on opning day. As one of our children was in a cot and our 4 year old is quite skinny, my husband, daughter and I slept together in the beds in the bedroom, and slept very well. I’m not sure I’d have been able to sleep at all on the sofa bed.

The cleaner came to our bungalows at least every other day; sometime in two consecutive days, changing towels and sheets. We were really impressed with the cleanliness.

We paid for a TV in the bungalow. It should have been 20 euros per week according to the leaflet we were given when we arrived, but we were given it for 15 euros for 12 days – I’m not sure why I think there was a special offer on or something. We were able to watch Sky news in English and there were a few American films on various channels. The kids loved watching Peppa Pig and Noddy in Spanish and the telenovelas are worth a watch with a bottle of vino!

There is no free Wi-Fi in Fuertesol bungalows – you have to pay 20 a week for it so we didn’t bother. Most of the restaurants in Caleta de Fuste have Wi-Fi though, so we just used theirs during the holiday. I think it’s a shame the bungalows didn’t offer free Wi-Fi in reception, or the pool bar.

We didn’t eat in the pool bar, but shop was ok with friendly staff. There is a room with table tennis and table football just off from the pool bar – my husband and I got quite into table football one night, until my toddler got bored and tried to eat the ball, bringing our match to an end. The swimming pool was really cold, even in late afternoon which didn’t bother the kids, but put my husband and I off swimming. That was a bit of a shame as we usually swim a lot on holidays.

There is also a little laundry room near the swimming pool. We did a wash for 4 euros and the man at reception gave us a laundry tablet for free because we’d forgotten to buy washing powder!

If you’re thinking of hiring a car, sort all of that out when you get there. We hired a car for a day and think it was just over 30 euros with child seats. There are loads of places offering car hire, and you only need to the photo card driving license, not the paper bit too. We drove down to Morro Jable the ‘German part’ of the island and it was lovely – the sea was much warmer down there and the beaches were lovely too.

We also hired bikes for the day and cycled round the coast which was nice (but we had really sore bums for 2 days afterwards!). Caleta cycles do a trailer for babies, I think they’re the only ones in the area who do a trailer, but there are a couple of bike hire places in the resort and all do child seats. I think that once the trailer and child seats were added on to the bike hire, it ended up costing us more money that hiring a car, however.

Don’t bother with a transfer from the airport. Get the no 3 bus from right outside the airport, it costs 1 euro 40 per adult (kids up to 3 are free). It only takes about 20 minutes and the bungalows are a 2 min walk from the bus stop in Caleta de Fuste.

All the staff we had reason to speak to at the bungalows were helpful and friendly and the location of the bungalows is great – just a short walk from the centre.

I would definitely return here, but think the management should replace the stinky sofa bed and put some WIFI in the pool bar, and then it would get full marks from me!

2  Thank Racka_13
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The apartments are basic but clean. The customer service and friendliness of the staff team more than compensates for this and nothing is too much trouble. Well placed for all of the islands amenities and just a short walk to the clean town centre. Definately going back. Highly recommended

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank time2303
Reviewed 25 April 2014

we have just returned from 1 week in these bungalows. They were very basic but comfortable for my family,2 kids 3-8. The bungalows were basic but clean but the beds were very uncomfortable. Old style beds. The bar and shop were very reasonable with very welcoming staff. The pool was chilly but bearable, to be expected. Weather was perfect and we will return again next year at the same time, resort its self was very clean and everything you need was a 5 min walk. All in All worth the money paid.

Room Tip: All rooms seam to be the same.
1  Thank bigd1976