“Disappointing”

Restaurante Aquarium
Ranked #4 of 43 Restaurants in Cala'n Bosch
Price range: US$21 - US$118
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Frozen rubbery prawns to start then, over cooked Dover sole. Such a pity, it could easily have been so much better. Will definitely not go back.

3  Thank Honeybannas

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We saved this restaurant for our last night and so glad we did. The starter we shared, two main courses and two desserts were far better than anything else we ate during the other 6 nights we were there. The meal choices were also far more interesting than what was offered in the other restaurants. I would definitely recommend the red tuna main and crispy prawn salad starter.

1  Thank rachaelb24
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Brilliant restaurant. Dont go in at 5.30 - 7sh as in spain they eat later. Seafood was best ive ever eaten. We ate there 3 times during our stay. The ambience was very good . Especially on the weekend. They have a piano.player who is fantastic doing old and new. Well worth a visit. The fish is deboned in front of you.

1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were searching for a Restaurant at around 17:20.
Most restaurant's that we were attracted to didn't seem to open until 17:30..
Aquarius seemed open with staff busy laying tables.
I asked if they were open they said yes and we were shown to a table - not laid though!
The restaurant was very noisy with the staff still laying tables and no one seemed to wish to take our order.
I summoned a member of staff and we were presented with menus, table still not laid.
One of my favourite fish dishes is Dover Sole, and there it was on the menu!
It was quite a large whole fish, which got me excited!
Unfortunately the fish was not cooked sufficiently and the flesh was difficult to remove from the bones.
I did not complain as the fish was still edible and I did not know what would have happened had I complained!
If it was 'recooked' then my wife would have had to carry on eating alone and that did not seem to be the best idea at the time.
While we were trying to eat our meal there was constant distraction as the manager tried to arrange for a table for 16 next to us!
He seemed to be in a panic, he was not getting the best from his staff and he showed it!
The noise and distraction caused by the staff and the poorly cooked fish led to an overall disappointment.
......a fish restaurant that cannot cook fish properly - be warned.

Hugo

3  Thank HugodAygo
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first restaurant we visited on our first night in Menorca as it was highly recommended. The atmosphere of the place was great and the pianist was fantastic and played a great range of songs! The food was good and the portions were very large, so you definitely got your money's worth. We would have gone back here again if the food in our hotel wasn't so good! Definitely worth a visit

1  Thank Claire J