Me and my boyfriend (both aged 18) went on our first holiday here at the end of June 2013. We arrived very open minded, as we didn't expect much for such a cheap price. However, it was the most fantastic week in the sun. We spent a lot of time finding the right place, and despite some negative reviews we gave it a shot and I couldn't be more happy that we did! The hotel itself was very clean, but basic. The main issue I had was with the lifts though - hate them usually but being on the 5th floor I had little choice! They're very small and often sound a bit dodgy but they do the job. Room was a bit small but you don't spend much time in there anyway and it has everything you need - except a hairdryer!
The food was again basic, but it was varied each day and there was always something for everything. They do themed nights like mexican and spanish, but they always provide the standard pastas, chips, salads etc for both lunch and tea. Breakfast was just as good, lots of variety both cooked and continental buffet style.
The staff and Thomas Cook rep (Danielle) were absolutely briliant, evening entertainment ideal for kids and drunk adults who want to make a fool out of themselves, but otherwise quite poor. However the team is made up of such lovely people who we got along with very well and made us feel welcome from the start.
The location is fantastic for a week trip, but any more than that and the resort may feel a bit repetitive as it isn't huge. There's plenty of shops, mini markets and restaurants/bars just a 5 minute walk away with a lovely view of the harbour too. There's also a range of activities to do which can be arranged by the reps. We did the glass bottom boat trip which was a lovely day out and ever so pretty with clear waters and a stop at a fantastic cove. Recommend getting there early though as everyone pinches the top seats! We also went to the dancing horse show which was FANTASTIC. I am a horse lover, however my boyfriend isn't and even he thought it was just amazing. Highly recommend it. Pool area is small, however it's never overcrowded but be sure to get up early for a sunbed - if not there's a beach next door!
Overall we had a fantastic holiday which was ideal for a first time alone, and we would happily return again as it's a brilliant cheap get away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THIS HOTEL HAS BEEN REFURBISHED DURING WINTER 2014/2015. Beautiful natural landscapes bathed in crystal clear blue waters, unique and unforgettable beauty of the Balearics - these are the experiences we would like to share with you in smartline Cala'n Bosch*** situated in Calan Bosch, Cap d'Artrutx, on the island of Menorca. A magnificent location of the hotel, sports and leisure facilities combined with peace and quiet atmosphere, so peculiar to the island of Menorca, will make your holiday with family, partner or friends an experience you would like to repeat again and again. The smartline Cala'n Bosch*** is located right on the beach of Calan Bosch in Cap D'Artrutx and 11 km from Ciutadella, former capital of Menorca. The hotel offers 188 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning, SAT TV, safe rental, bath, shower, toilet. The hotel is equipped with 1 adults' y 1 children's swimming pool, pool bar, snack bar, and is provided with direct access to the beach. The hotel offers gastronomic evenings and an enjoyable entertainment program with activities for all ages. Just 150 m away from the hotel you will find the marina of Calan Bosch where you will be able to enjoy water sports. Horse riding and cycling facilities as well as possibilities for cultural visits are also in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Smartline Cala'n Bosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi Cala n Bosch Hotel
- Cala Bosch Hotel
- Hi Cala n Bosch Ciudadela
- Hotel Cala n Bosch
- Smartline Cala'n Bosch Spain/Menorca