Our family group of five consisted of grandparents, son, daughter-in-law and 2 year old grandson. We spent a week at the HV Menorca from the 18th to 25th September 2013 and had a brilliant time. I have not rated the complex excellent, because there is room for improvement in certain areas, as outlined below. However, we all agreed that overall our experience was very positive and we had a great holiday. This complex is ideal for families with young children, but couples looking for a quiet time should think again. We really enjoyed ourselves and our grandson had a fantastic time.
WWW (What Went Well):
* Staff - all staff really helpful, friendly and cheerful.
* Food and drink - excellent variety of food in the restaurant and a good selection of drinks.The restaurant staff worked really hard to provide a good choice for all tastes and they made evening meal time enjoyable, with a range of food themes.
* Hotel Facilities - generally clean throughout and plenty of space to relax. Excellent pools - two large pools, small pool with slides for young children, baby pool with a sunshade. Safe playground for younger children and a range of play facilities older children. Supervised club activities for children of all ages. Towels available for hire.
* Entertainment - brilliant for the children throughout the day and evening. The entertainment team worked so hard to provide a fun filled holiday for everyone.
* Rooms - we had adjoining rooms, which was great for a family like ours. We were able to leave the connecting door open, which enabled us to share space, whilst also allowing us our own space when required. Our rooms both had separate lounges and kitchen facilities. Safe provided in the room.
* Local area - this Holiday Village is situated in a lovely area, with sandy beaches, local harbour / cafés, and shops close by.
EBI (Even Better If):
* Staff - hard to say - can't really fault them. Well done!
* Food and drink - the outside snack bar area could be much improved. It is situated in a dark / dismal corner and the poor range of available snacks are generally unhealthy. No selection at all of ice creams - just small tubs. We have been all inclusive before and it is the first time that I have not used the outside snack bar. Lots of wasps around the pool bar. I felt sorry for the staff working with them flying around their heads. The hotel could / should provide an attractive outdoor dining facility.
* Hotel Facilities - the poolside is quite slippy and parents constantly had to warn their children not to run. I realise that running around pools is rightly frowned upon, but this poolside was more slippy than any I have experienced before. Don't let it put you off, but just beware. The hotel should address this issue as soon as possible. Towels - by all means take a deposit, but stop charging €1 for towel changes. Other First Choice hotels don't charge for clean towels.
* Rooms - like others have said, the rooms are in need of some refurbishment and updating, although they are clean and functional. Safes should be free. To charge €18 + deposit of €10 is mean, especially in an all inclusive hotel. The hotel should consider replenishing room fridges with soft drinks on a daily basis, which is.standard practice in some other First Choice hotels. Room towels changed every day, but some past their sell by date!
* Sunbeds - sadly many people still insist on putting towels out at the crack of dawn. Such sad and selfish individuals. Management should articulate and implement a clear policy on this practice.
* Litter - why do a minority of individuals insist on leaving their litter by the poolside for someone else to clear up? Please take your litter back to the room and make it even better for everyone else. Not a major problem, but still annoying.
SP (Standard Practice):
Why doesn't First Choice employ standard practices across all of its all inclusive hotels? e.g. charging for safes and towel changes, replenishing room fridges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 500 m away from the Son Xoriguer beach. Apartments: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Balcony or terrace. Living room. Kitchen. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool. Swimming lessons. Indoor swimming pool. Children pool. Jacuzzis. Sauna. Turkish bath. Massage. Gym. Archery. Children´s playground. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffet. Show-cooking. Continental breakfast for longsleepers. Children's buffet. Lounge bar. Poolbar. Sevices: Babysitting service. Nursery. Reception for children. Buggies and intercoms rental. Bicycles. Car rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Village Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Village Menorca Spain/Minorca