2,154 results
All reviews first choice quiet pool football academy hv menorca swimming lessons snack bar kids club swim academy bbq restaurant aerial adventure high ropes peppa pig climbing wall entertainment team next year the hotel staff my son
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the HV for two weeks at the end of May. 2 adults and a 3 year old.

Arrival - we arrived at 10pm at night. reception quickly has us checked in and a cold buffet had been prepared for us as the dining room closes at 9pm.

Room - We stayed in a ground floor apartment in block 4. It was round the back near the quiet pool and was peaceful. The patio opened up to the gardens which was nice. The room was spactious and included a fully equiped kitchen and large living/dining room. The bedroom had a very large bed (good job as we ended sharing with our 3 year old). There was no other bed in the apartment. Children were required to sleep on the sofa in the living room. it didnt even pull out into a bed. Our son didnt like it and ended up with us. The door and patio door could be secured to ensure children cannot let themselves out.

Food - breakfast was ok. very samey. scrambled eggs made with cream and bacon very streaky and crispy. Lunch again quite samey but a good selection of food. The theme.for dinner changed every night on a weekly.rotation and included a sunday dinner, chinese, indian, seafood, spanish night. The food was ok. The fish was delicious and changed daily. After two weeks though we were bored. The pizzas are lovely and made fresh but you have to hurry as people pounce and take loads at once!

Activities - there was always something going on for all ages including adults. The staff worked hard but some had bad attitudes and didnt seem to like children. The football and swimming academy were fantastic.

Night time entertainment - changed daily and started with kids activities before moving on to a main show i.e. magician or circus

Area - we went for several walks around the local area and visited both beaches which are 5 mins from the hotel. The Marina is surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops and worth a visit.

Excursions - we visited the zoo which was brilliant!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank laurakyneston
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Excellant Hotel, the food was absolutly fantastic. They had speciality food nights like Asian which included Japanese and chinese. There was such a lot of variety for every tast. Very good for young children, couldn't get them out of the pool. Plenty of organised activity from morning till night. The staff were very pleasant and helpfull at all times. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We have just returned from a wonderful week here!
From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we were made incredibly welcome!
The staff from the chambermaids through to the waiters, and bar staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
The reps are fabulous always smiling, always enthusiastic and so much fun! Special shout out to Scott, Lewis and Josie!
There is lots to do at the resort and in the area. There are shops and a beautiful marina nearby. 2 beaches which are child friendly and lots of play areas if needed.
The food is plentiful with lots of variety and options for every taste.
I genuinely could not fault anything!

Room tip: Room facing away from the pool
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We visited at the beginning of June for a week and couldn't complain about anything!

The hotel is in the perfect location with a supermarket just a minute along the road with everyday essentials as well as all the souvenirs. There are 2 beaches, whichever way you walked from the hotel about 10 minutes down the road there is the beach. The harbour is only a 5-7 minute walk and has everything you could need.

The hotel was spotless, couldn't fault the cleaners as they were in the room at 10:30 every morning to clean the room.

There was a good selection of food with every night being a different theme, anywhere from Indian to Sunday roast.

The holiday village reps were absolutely amazing and they definitely excelled in what they were there to do, always on hand if any help was needed, up for a chat with both adults and children. My son loved kids club that much that he wanted to stay longer each evening, he got soo attached to a few that when we left he cried. I will name them as they deserve a pat on the back for everything they did for my son as it was our first time abroad, Joel, Lauren, Soph, Nicola, Tom, Sophie and that's only a few!!

Will definitely be going back!

3  Thank Zoe H
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Just OK, Not the first HV we have stayed at, but probably overall the most disappointing for the money we paid. The hotel is nicely spaced out and doesn't ever seem too crowded in the main areas, whether this was because it wasn't filled to capacity I don't know but with it being the school holidays when we were there, I would assume it would have been at least 75% full.

We had just a week here, which I'd say was enough, after the second day we had the urge to leave the complex and discover further afield. The location of the hotel is great and literally 5-7 minutes walk will get you to both Xoriguer and Cala n bosch beaches, same with the beautiful marina which is located nearby.

The main food hall is spotless and standard of food is pretty good, it just lacks something, whether thats not enough change or flavour, but we found we were sick of it after a few days. We ate in the italian which is basically a side room off the main restauarant and serves pretty much items straight from the food hall if not fancied up a little. We didnt eat in the grill area, but again this from what we were told was pretty rubbish. The snack bars grim, food cooked then left in covered trays to fester through the day, didn't eat from there.

There are two bars, the main pool bar, which doubles up as the bar for the main stage of an evening, and then a small bar inside the main hall which opens at 6.00pm. I found both of these disappointing and the quality of drinks were poor. I understand glass should not be used around the pool area to drink from but for this to be carried on into the evening is wrong, and put me off drinking out of a manky plastic cup, I know this is not the case at other HV resorts so could not understand why it was a requirement here. Overall the drinks were poor, both Alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

The spanish hotel staff were absolutely superb from cleaners, to maintenance staff to management at reception they literally could not do enough for you. The HV holiday rep team I found to be very poor. Barring Kyle who worked hard all the time, most of the rest of them including the supposed senior ones didn't seem bothered to help or engage. I had issues booking trips and not one of the team I dealt with were helpful at all. The main issue I have with the reps are there does not seem to be any of them with any form of responsibility which in turn means they then have no authority, god forbid something bad happened, I wouldn't trust them to assist. Similarly quite a few I found to be damn right rude.

Cala n bosch is a nice resort, very small indeed but we found the standard of restaurants and amenities to be good. We did a boat excursion and it was very well organised on the day. I'd reccomend hiring bikes from the front desk and exploring, which we did quite a few days.

Overall, just not hitting the right notes, needs improvement HV!! I'll be looking at other options next time...

• Trip type: Travelled with family