2,148 results
All reviews first choice quiet pool football academy hv menorca swimming lessons snack bar kids club swim academy bbq restaurant aerial adventure high ropes peppa pig climbing wall entertainment team next year the hotel staff my son
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Oct half term with our kids ages 5 and 11

Our first stay at a HV resort - we wanted something with lots to do and it didn’t disappoint.

All HV staff were fantastic - hard to single out individuals but the entertainment team were super hardworking (and talented!), and the football and swimming coaches were lovely, and able to improve the boys skills because of their attention to detail and ability to connect with them on a personal level. The 5x 30 min swimming lessons are great value for money and we definitely saw an improvement in technique.

We used kids clubs throughout - usually 90 mins in length and easy to pick and chose how many / which activities they did.

Loads of stuff going on all day, around the pool or inside if the weather wasn’t good.

Room was perfectly adequate - kitchenette was pretty redundant as it’s AI. However it was useful to have a fridge for cold drinks etc. Everything worked, cleaned daily with fresh towels. We were on the ground floor at the end of a block so had a little terrace with table and chairs and the all important wall mounted airer to dry swimming costumes / etc!

Outside pool is big with decent amount of loungers. However although the hotel was full it was October so while it was warm it wasn’t hot - might be a different story in August.... The temperature of the outside pool was ridiculously cold - only the very hardy and the kids venturing in. Inside pool was lovely though

Food was fantastic - really good choices at all meals, everything hot and also everything well labelled - not always the case on a buffet! Tex mex night was the highlight for us.

Drinks were good quality, decent measures and cava also included on AI. Free pour wine and beer in the restaurant meant not queuing / waiting for table service.

Only slight issue was an island wide powercut for the last 24 hours of the stay. All main areas had power (hotel had generator), but nothing in the rooms. I understand it lasted 3 days in the end so glad we went home when we did! Always a risk weather-wise when travelling in October; we had 5 glorious days, and 2 days of rain / overcast skies.

All in all we loved it, and have already booked another HV stay for early next year (different location)

1  Thank Cat4580
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Myself (age 25) my partner (aged 28) my step daughter (aged 9) and my daughter (aged 6months) stayed at the holiday village menorca for 2 weeks from the 13th of October. We were happy on arrival as everything was clean and staff were polite.
The pools were very cold so we were unable to get in them (we did brave it a few times, but only for 5-10 mins).
However, there is an indoor swimming pool which we used daily and the kids loved.
The room was good as we were unaware we had a kitchen and living space as well as a bathroom and bedroom. This was handy when having a baby so we could sterilise bottle easily. (There is a steriliser and bottle warmer in the food hall).
Food was all inclusive standard. They had set food menus on each day. (E.g, Chinese, Indian, roast) and some good desserts. Won’t comment much on food as we are a fussy family of eaters.
The entertainment was AMAZING. all day there were activities going on for kids. Some in the pool (inflatables, canoes, diving) and some out the pool (airoball, sensory play, soft play). They also had a football and swim academy which seemed to be very popular and kids would get rewarded in the evening with certificates.
The evening entertainment was just as good. Having live and loud (red team V yellow team is small challenges like dancing to win) was a lot like butlins we thought! Then it would go on to adults entertainment which could be anything from a magic show to talent show!
We also went on 2 excursions booked through the TUI reps. We went to the zoo- it was so good there. We got to watch and bird show and watch feeding time. We also went on a boat trip which the kids loved, and when the boat stopped you could go down to the bottom and see the Foch though the glass bottom.
We were very impressed with Is holiday village and after finding out there will be 12 holiday villages next year we are looking into going to another one in the future and would defo recommend it!

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this resort to anyone with young children, it is perfect for them. My son is 12 and at that awkward age where he is too old for the kids stuff. There are teen activities which he went along to but I think the real highlight of his week was the football academy which was excellent. You have to pay extra for this but it was worth it as he really enjoyed it and Sam and Ryan, the two coaches were brilliant with the kids. My son made friends with some lads his own age there, so he was happy. That being said, there wasn’t loads of kids his age, maybe a dozen, most of the kids were much younger. But I think that is because HV is for young children and I can’t knock them for that, because they do it really well. The activity staff were great, really helpful and friendly and they worked their socks off to make sure that the kids were having a good time. I really enjoyed the shows they put on too. The entertainment was good, the main show started at 9:30, before that it was the kids’ party every night. We ended up sitting outside waiting for it to finish and came inside a bit later. I can’t complain though as it’s for the younger kids and that is what HV is all about. Another bar area to sit in would be great for people with older kids, who don’t want to go to the kids’ party, but that maybe the case during summer as there is another bar area outside. I noticed a few people sitting in reception who were probably in the same boat as us. I did think the quality of the entertainment was very good and we enjoyed the local band too.

The accommodation was good, plenty of space and were cleaned daily. The beds were hard and we asked for a mattress topper which helped a bit but they were a bit too firm for my liking. I’m afraid the air-con was poor, it was cooler in the corridor than it was with the air-con on in our room. It didn’t seem to make any difference, although at this time of year it wasn’t a massive issue, although we did have a couple of hot days and nights here. When the weather was bad, they put some kids films on in the main bar and brought the Xbox our for the older kids which went down well.

The restaurant was very clean and there was plenty of choice.
The food was great, (the pizzas were especially amazing) and everything was clearly labelled for people who’re gluten-free and if you needed any further information the staff were more than happy to help and would accommodate you. I think this is the best all-inclusive restaurant I’ve been in.

The Italian restaurant was a bit of a let down, although the food was lovely, some of it wasn’t very hot which was disappointing, although I can’t fault the waiting staff as they were working flat out, I think it had been stood a while in the kitchen. We didn’t try the BBQ as it was only open a couple of times through the week and we had missed it.

The range of all-inclusive drinks was really good. You have to pay for branded spirits which is standard, but the local stuff is nice. My favourite tipple was a gin and lemon slush from the pool bar, it was lovely if you like your gin.

The gym was disappointing and due an upgrade, it was functional, but it’s in need of some new equipment and decent air-con.

Outside of the hotel there are some nice walks, a nature trail which hugs the coast, a nice beach and marina nearby. At this time of year it seems everything has closed down for the season, with only a handful of bars opening, but I imagine in summer that it’s a bustling area. Hotels around us had closed down for the season too so it was very quiet, I imagine it will be like a ghost town next week, but come May next year it will be a a different story

We have all had a really good holiday here, the area is lovely and worth the longer transfer time from Mahon. I would give this place 4.5 if I could, there were things that could have been improved but they certainly weren’t major things. If you have a young family I would recommend this place. When I’m back in the office next week I will probably still be humming the ‘HV dance’ song and ‘live and loud’! Haha thanks for a great holiday HV Menorca!

3  Thank Vickpick27
Reviewed 26 October 2018

rooms Huge, with kitchenette and sperate bedroom and living area, spotless everyday. Balcony also lovely and lucky to be on the sun side of the building.
Service was always great, polite staff in all bars and restaurants. Very helpful and patient as we got a taste for mojitos which they made fresh for us each time and took a little longer.
Reception was also really helpful.
Location was great unfortunately we went at the end of the season so a lot of bars and amenities in the marina had closed for the year but we still had a good meal out at Piccola and good beers at Toms Bar.
Bus stop right outside hotel was great for trips up to Ciutadella and only 6euros for the 3 of us!
Pool area at hotel was outstanding loads of beds all the time nice n clean and the waterslides were great. Also the park area great for little ones too.
By far the biggest draw though was the entertainment. The team were great, every single night was a riot for kids and adults alike. All day the team were around and approachable doing that little bit extra always and cannot give them all enough praise. Well done First Choice HV Team!

Room tip: pool view in block 3 would be best
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The family holiday was booked via First Choice and the late afternoon flights from Leeds Bradford were really convenient for us travelling from the South of Scotland. The checking in was smooth and the plane quite full. We arrived safely in Mahon, Menorca's capital, where the transfer bus was ready to take us to our various destinations. Holiday reps were directing everyone to the right bus so was very easy to find it outside the terminal.
The transfer to Cala'n Bosch took us about 1 hour with only a couple of drop offs. The Holiday Village reception was bright and clean with helpful staff who checked us in and directed us towards the dining room where some cold supper was still available for us (just before midnight local time). Did not expect that but the kids were quite pleased!
We were given a ground floor one bedroom apartment in Block four (the quiet one) facing one of the smaller pools available in the Village and shady most of the day. The room was clean and airy with an open plan kitchen/living room where the sofa beds were located as well. The humidity of this ground floor room was excessive for myself (previous lungs issues) so in the morning as I could not sleep very well I requested a room change on the other side where the sun was on throughout the day and did not feel damp or too humid. The 4101 room was a lovely corner room with a nice large stone balcony and an acacia tree keeping a bit of shade. The food was plenty and really varied with themed nights (Chinese, Indian, Spanish, Seafood, etc.). It was always something and my children who are quite fussy always found something to eat & enjoyed the all-inclusive experience tremendously! What is not to like: 30 types of dishes, tasty deserts and mountains of fruit, ice cream, juice, tea/coffee, etc. Friendly staff always helping and ready to go the extra mile to make things better.
The kids have a variety of entertainment activities to keep them busy, the kids tried the outdoor pools and the indoor one as well. The outdoor ones are cold, really cold so they decided to stick with the sea and the indoor pool throughout. The beach is only 10 minutes away, with smooth, fine sand and spectacular turquoise clear water. Palm trees and limestone rocks with a pretty Lighthouse nearby! Great walks around the area and access to a second beach.
We have visited Ciutadella and Mahon (Mao) and had a couple of boat trips (glass bottom one to see the fish swimming). Beautiful Medieval cities and amazing history surrounding these places! We decided not to hire a car, as the buses are quite good and we have been able to travel in these two cities, but if you want to see the island better and not depend on the public transport, then renting a car is recommended.
Cons: Seven days is not long enough to rest properly and visit the beautiful places in Menorca. Next time 10-14 days please!

Room tip: Quiet rooms on the forth block, the ones on first level better still.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family