“hope this help deciding”

Marinda Garden Aparthotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Cala'n Bosch
kings lynn
“hope this help deciding”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

ummmm !!!. we travelled with no children and found it to be just about ok, I can see why there are mixed reviews on this place its down to which room you get. At first we were offered a dark, damp smelling butlins 1980's room and for the money we paid I assume that was about right as it was cheap, but we were upgraded and that was a lot better room and helped make the holiday, the accommodation are set out in blocks of three, 2 ground floor flats and one above if you get a lower one it could be facing out onto a grass garden (ok to open doors) or facing your neighbours window literally 2 feet away, actually the neighbours window open onto your 6'x6' enclosed patio area, I mistakenly opened my neighbours shutters to see them sleeping in bed, so you can imagine you can't leave your shutters open for privacy or your windows open if you dont want to hear your neighbours breath.
But all that said the food is the best I have had in all inclusive, its what gives it's 3 stars as if they relied on the grounds it would be 2 star a money injection is needed to clear up the back end of the grounds, as that along with the accommodation lets the side down,
but I cant complain for the money we had a good stay, and if you have children there is a lot for them to do with the water park next door (free entry to all inclusive), entertainments team are good with the children but rubbish at evening adult entertainment, too long winded, Boring!!!!!!
sum up ok holiday if you don't pay too much 2.5 star

Room Tip: get a first floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Czech first
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at mirinda gardens from the 9th - 16th of September the weather was lovely!

We took our 11 month old son and he absolutly loved it, so much going on, friendly safe family environment.

The choice of food was unbelievable, catered for everyone, a whole buffet of fresh fruits aswell which our son really enjoyed.

The evening entertainment was funny! Kids disco first! Which even had adults up dancing, then evening entertainment which was funny and the staff put a lot of effort into it making it even more enjoyable.

Lots of people on here did not like the rooms however they were good, we found them fine and suited all our needs, nice and spacious, all essentials provided and a nice shower and bath.

We really enjoyed visiting the marina, such a pretty place, yet again a safe and friendly environment. We got a boat to a private beach from here which was lovely and we went to "goody goody" a couple of times which had crazy golf, kids play areas, swimming pool and lots of other stuff to do. We caught the bus into cuitedella which was very cheap and quick to get there and was so beautiful.

Overall we had a brilliant holiday we all enjoyed it my partner mainly enjoyed San Miguel on tap!! Would strongly recommend anyone to go but mainly familes!!

7 Thank Lucymc123
Cinderford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed in Marinda Gardens from 9th Sept for a week. Took our children aged 3 and 9. We had an amazing time (apart from a few overcast days) We had a lovely room overlooking the pool, lovely balcony and big flat screen tv. The cleaner was superb, every day the room was cleaned perfectly and smelt lovely. The food was great, something different every day (we never had to reheat ours). Found the reception staff and the bar staff lovely. The entertainment staff were great - they work so hard!!!
Would definitely go back but maybe a bit earlier as there were not a lot of kids my sons age and he sometimes got bored as it was coming to the end of the season.

Room Tip: e-mail them before to ask for preferences on rooms (it worked for us)
2 Thank Charlotte L
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Location- far enough away from marina to escape the noise but close enough to walk into easily.
Resort is very quiet, I would advise researching this to check it is for you.

Rooms- quite basic rooms could do with a little tlc. Cleaners do a fab job of making them look their best though.

Staff- really lovely staff, all very welcoming. Jenny who works in the restaurant is lovely always goes out of her way to chat with people and interact with the kids

Food- the kitchen staff do an amazing job the food is good and choice is excellent - I am very fussy and usually struggle with all inclusive but not this time a great variety of food. We found eating times a problem evening meals start at 7!

Entertainment- the team work so hard to put together the programme. The adult entertainment was not great but I would recommend watching the Grease performance- they work hard with what they have got. The kids entertainment runs from 8:30-9:30 and always had the kids engrossed!

Recommendations-
La Fontana- amazing food and live music just on the promenade outside the restaurant.
Pizzeria el pato- best pizza I have tasted and not expensive would recommend a lunch here.
Bar quijote- the most amazing sandwiches absolutely massive soft baguettes brimming with filling. Hidden in the corner of the Marina near Chaplins.

1 Thank Holly1902
Brandýs nad Labem-Stará Boleslav, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We spent one week at Miranda Garden at the beginning of September 2013. Unfortunatelly 3 days with colder weather and some rain and storms so more difficult to organize program for kids to avoid them being cold. Anyway, despite that - we had great time with great evenings. We couldn´t join kid´s club with our 5years old twins as they don´t understand foreign languages (we are Czech) but they loved mini-discos, attitude of the team to kids and also other evening program. THe horror story for instance was just great with costumes, preparation and it was fun (normally I don´t like this show types).
For accomodation, I recommend first floor only, otherwise you can be in corridor with people looking at you passing by all the time. Cleaning was good enough, tidy, people smiling and nice to everyone.
Food could be better, sometimes I recognized same tastes in food for more days but generally o.k. Coctails in all inclusive were bad but you can always buy for discounted money something better. I would same what was free was enough except coffee that could have been better. And I am not regular coffee drinker. Staff at restaurant could smile more.
As concerns surroundings, it was clean as well, nice, 700m to the sea but nice walk I liked. Port was nice with some trips offered (unfortunatelly we missed it due weather). I liked the sea and the beach, nice and clean, could be less people. If you have all inclusive you get free entrance to aquapark Aquarock which was just great and next to the hotel.
Overall, I would recommend to everyone with the only info - pay little more for 1st floor room and do not expect too much from food and coffee and you will be happy!
Iva

Room Tip: 1st floor room only
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We went to miranda gardens on the 6th September for one week! The hotel was lovely. Very clean and tidy, staff was nice and friendly. It was my son and partners first time abroad and it was a brilliant place for our 8 year old son. He enjoyed the children's clubs with the Thomas cook reps. One day he went to 6 hours worth of kids club, one of the sessions including a chocolate party where they had a chocolate fight. He absolutely loved it and the children reps, Gemma and nicky was brilliant with the children and gave me and my partner time to relax and not worry about him! The hotels entertainment team was also brilliant with the children. They provided the night time entertainment and tried there best to get the children and parents involved and put on some shows! They tried to get everyone involved in sports In the day and it was impressive that they remembered my sons name and made him feel very welcomed.
I was abit nervous about this hotel, specially the reviews after reading bad reviews, but our room was spotlessly clean and tidy. Yes it was a little dated, but it was very comftable and maids come in envy day, bar Wednesday and Sundays to clean our rooms and change our towels. It's not a 5 star hotel, so if you want a flat screen telly in the room and nicer decor then pay for it, but we literally slept and showed in our room!
The food was very nice. I AM a picky eater and I every meal time found something to eat! Breakfast you could have a full English, cereals or continental breakfast. We didn't eat in the hall for lunch as was ate at the snack bar around the pool which cooked hot dogs, burgers and toasties so we ate that and dinner they cooked a different fish and meat every night. The had lasagne, pizza, chips, curry, roasts- literally everything! We found something nice to st every night. Just be carful with chicken and pork though as I found a kebab skewer not cooked threw one night and the sausages at breakfast was hit and miss.
Overall I loved the holiday, my son made new friends and we met some lovely ppl! The water park next door isn't amazing and I have been to better in previous abroad holidays but it was free and my son loved the slides and the pools! The marina about 5 mins walk away is a must visit. It is lovely! Lots f bars and restaurants and shops, and then anther short walk to the small but lovely beach!
A big thumbs up to this holiday, it had everything we could wish for on a first family abroad holiday! I would go back, but would also like to try different places! I do think we will see this place again in the future tho! And please don't get hung up on negative reviews! Because we loved it!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a top floor room as you get a little more privacy'
3 Thank 491Hol1986
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my family arrived back yesterday from a week at marinda gardens. We paid just over £460 each on all inclusive. My mum and dad had been here before and were looking forward to going back and this was my first trip to Menorca. Before we left we requested a room with a balcony and a sea view, on arrival we were disappointed to find they had failed to meet our requests. We had to beg and plead for a room we had asked for, whilst the reception staff were rude, ignorant and really didn't care!

The room was big enough for 3 of us but would be small for 4 people. The fridge leaked all week and would come back to find a puddle of water on the floor. The TV broke 3 days in and didn't fix it by the time we left. Balcony very large and lovely to sit and have a drink on in the evenings.

Good choice of food, (especially lunch) however was cold and needed heating up in the microwave.

Pool side gets busy, but boring with not a lot of atmosphere, definitely need the waterpark next door for a bit of excitement.

The marina 2 minutes away from the hotel was fabulous!! Night times was brilliant!! Packed with people eating, drinking, shopping, chatting. There was a couple of English bars too, which were always packed!

Entertainment at hotel is a bit disappointing but you can tell they work so hard!! Kitchen and bar staff were lovely!! Very friendly and always serving you with a smile!

All in all, resort would go back to but marinda garden is not worth the money with rude reception staff, cold food and a crap swimming pool.

2 Thank Kristina2725
#3 of 6 in Arenal d'en Castell
Apartamentos Roc Lago Park
Apartamentos Roc Lago Park
#8 of 13 in Cala'n Bosch

Been to Marinda Garden Aparthotel? Share your experiences!